“Great Hotel Great Staff Great Rate!!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ferdinand
Garland, Texas
“Great Hotel Great Staff Great Rate!!”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Nicole was super called the Manager and requested a better Rate and she got it for me !!! What a employee!! She was fantastic!! Also gave me some good options to eat while staying here!! Every Hotel needs a Nicole what a super person who was very professional and Helpful!!

Room Tip: Be sure to get your coupon at the rest areas or welcome center! They accepted my coupon even though...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
darla r, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Thank you for your nice comments about my employee Nicole. Yes she is a very good guest service agent. We hope that you will stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed here while on a recent business trip, and this hotel was the best of the five I stayed in during the trip.
The check-in process was fast and efficient, with the front desk personnel helping us to find a place to eat. (Homestead Pizza - about 1.5 miles from the hotel was very good)
The entire hotel is non-smoking, and the guests the night I stayed respected that policy.
I stayed in a room with two queen beds. It was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was mostly clean as well.
The bed was VERY comfortable and I had my best night's sleep during my entire trip here.
Some of the other guests in the hotel were noisy in the early part of the evening, but by 10:00 p.m. it was all quiet.
One of the building lights was shining right onto my window, so I did have a bit more light in the room that desired, but that's why I bring "blinders" with me.
The internet connection was good.
Due to my business time constraints, I did not have the time to try the breakfast, other than some toast, but everything looked fine.
As a frequent traveler, I recommend this hotel as it is a good value for the price (under $100).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your nice comments. We value everyones feedback to make our hotel a better place to stay.
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Well, we were staying the night after our trip to Holiday World. We booked here because it had a pool,free breakfast,low prices,and was convenient. We stayed in a nonsmoking room with two queen sized beds. When we got there they told us that if we were going to Holiday World tomorrow, then we would need to know that the hotel was not on the same time zone as Holiday World. They said our phones would be switching times back and forth throughout our stay. We also had to remember to go by the alarm clock's time if we were to make breakfast. We were then going to go for a quick swim. In the elevator two girls warned us that their eyes itched really bad after staying in there for ten minutes. We thought they were going to get something and come back to the pool later and didn't want us in it too, so we continued on. Boy, we should have listened. We got in and not soon after my friend went under the water wearing goggles. She came up so fast and said her eyes burned. Mine started to burn too, and my eyes were above water! The chlorine level was so high! Not long after, we started sneezing. All of us would sneeze, tell each other bless you, the sneeze again! It was terrible. We consulted the front desk about it and they said they would get right on it. Good thing I brought eye drops or our eyes would have still been like that for the rest of the night. Then once in bed we noticed this cigarette hole In the comforter.  It bugged us a little to know we paid for a nonsmoking room and got that. Luckily, they made it right. Breakfastwas so unorganized. They have waffles,yogurt, milk,apple juice, etc. If you wanted a plate you had to pardon yourself through the line of people waiting to use the self- waffle maker, then go to the other side to get forks and spoons, then wait in line. They had trays that you could use, but whenever grabbed one they were filthy. The variety of food was small too.  That night we tried swimming again, but this time we tested it... It was the same. So that night we stayed in our room and watched tv. And the next morning, we went somewhere else for breakfast. The staff was nice and very considerate. Always a smile on their face. I wouldn't go again if I had the choice, but you could always give it a try. Maybe they changed.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Nicolesreveiw
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were traveling west to Arkansas through Indiana and it was getting late. Trying to find a hotel that will accept a pet is a chore in itself. So when I walked in and saw pets accepted, I was overjoyed. I hoped they had rooms and they did.

The place showed a little more ware and tear because it is located near a water park and hence caters to families. Upon entering there was no one at the reception desk. After a good 15 minute wait someone arrived at the front desk. Was informed that the room rate was $176 per night plus $25 for our pet. OK, we were desperate and I did not want to run down the highway looking for something else.

The room had one king size bed and was equipped with a small fridge and microwave. Bathroom looked like it needed some attention and was showing its age.

In the morning the breakfast consisted on cereals, bread, coffee, etc. It was a feeding frenze in the dining room so we just left.

There is a Wendy's next door with a Sunoco Stop N Rob, CVS, a Chineese restaurant and a McDonals under construction across the street.

Had we had a choice, we would have gone down the road looking.

Way over priced! But it is one the few games in town.

Room Tip: Pets are confined to the first floor usually.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelermir
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Horrible place to stay. Although its fairly close to Holiday World I would have rather stayed at any other hotel. First off the beds were extremely uncomfortable. Blankets were dirty. The hotel was very loud at all hours of the night. Stomping, kids crying, people yelling. For how much we paid a night($170) it was not worth it at all. I would recommend staying somewhere else. I will never go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your comments. Yes we are very busy in the summer months with guest visiting Holiday World. At times it can seem noisy. I hope that you will try our hotel again sometime and have a better experience. Thank you again.
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This was our second stay since this hotel opened. The first time everything was above avg. This time, the previous reviews are on the mark. This hotel is overpriced, but is nice-enough. They really just need to pay attention to the details. The breakfast room was packed both days. They need someone (not the front desk person) to be replenishing food and utensils. The first day only one waffle maker was working, and the warmer with the eggs & sausage was not turned on. We didn't have shampoo the second day and had to go to front desk for it. The chairs in the room were stained and everything (lamp shades) needed a good dusting. Bathroom was clean though. The staff was very friendly and helpful. As far as dinner options while staying at this hotel, the Mexican restaurant in Ferdinand that is right on Main Street - Los Palenques. We've been twice and they're open until 9:00PM on weekdays. Very good food and service.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
You are right. Our breakfast does get a little crowded in the summer months. Seems like everybody comes to breakfast at the same time. We hope that will not stop you from staying with us again. We appreciate your comments. Thank you.
Indiana
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I almost did not stay here because of the strong negative reviews. Whether those are written by disgruntled ex-employees or just isolated incidents, I'll let you decide.

This is a pretty standard Comfort Inn. The room is not cramped and featured a mini-fridge, microwave, small table and two chairs, desk, flat screen TV, a good-sized bathroom and free Wifi. I didn't see any stains on the carpet and there was one waterbug I saw in the bathroom. The beds and pillows were comfortable. We didn't use the pool, but I looked in and the other reviewers got that right. It's a small, square pool with a concrete apron. It almost looked unfinished. The smell of chlorine was strong in the lobby when we arrived, but got better on the next day. We had a room on the third floor which is where the smoking rooms are located. The corridor reeked of smoke, but our room was smoke-free. I believe that it was once a smoking room because there were a couple of nicotine stains on the bathroom counter.

The breakfast room is pretty average. It was never crowded, and always well-stocked. It had hot food - scrambled egg and sausage patties that made a pretty good breakfast bagel sandwich. (Thanks to a previous reviewers tip!)

The only real negative is the price. Because it is close to Holiday World, all the hotels in the area are overpriced. My daughter and I were in the area for one of her softball tournaments. Other families who stayed in other hotels in the area also felt their rooms were overpriced. And this hotel was completely booked and turning away travelers the entire weekend.

You might find better for your money the further you get from Holiday World.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are located on the third floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferdinand
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Jasper
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Huntingburg

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand? Share your experiences!