“Best Bedding and Breakfast Ever!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ferdinand
Anderson, Indiana
“Best Bedding and Breakfast Ever!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The pillows, comforter and breakfast are enough to give this a 5 star rating, alone! We stayed here on our vacation to Holiday World. The TV in our room did not work but we were so exhausted from our day at Holiday World that it didn't really bother us since we were just ready to unwind. We took a quick swim in the pool which was much smaller than I expected but again, it didn't really bother us. When it came time to sleep.... WOW!!! Best.Sleep.Ever. The mattress topper made it like sleeping on a cloud and the comforter and pillows were the same. They were so comfy that my 4 year old even pointed it out by saying "I wish we had these pillows at home"
In the morning we were pleasantly surprised with breakfast. The waffle station was a nice touch and their sausage was amazing. I don't even like sausage and I ate 4 pieces of it!
At check out, when asked how everything was I told them about the TV and he was very quick to take note to fix it (we called that night but the gal at the counter was unable to fix it). I also told him how much I loved the bedding to which he said folks were stealing his pillows. I assured him our pillows were still there.
So... if you stay here: enjoy the comfy beds but please don't steal anything from them so I can still enjoy them next year when we stay during our vacation again. Also, be sure to take advantage of that hot breakfast!
Great stay!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mommy_Panda
Fenil D, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
So it sounds like you had a good rest on our beds.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and
we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Prairieville, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The staff was kind and gracious. Very hospitable. I stayed here for 2 days and I had a great stay. I usually come to the area few times a year for business and would stay here again for sure. Very clean room with comfortable beds.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andre' S
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We are pleased that you enjoyed staying with us.
We hope that you will return soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 days and I had a great stay. The staff was very friendly and didn't have any problems at all, I usually come to the area few times a year for business and would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike B
Thanks for those great comments.
We're happy that you enjoyed your stay
and please come again.
Miami
Reviewed 8 July 2014

So good we visited twice on our recent trip from the UK. If you are wanting to get out of town for a quick mini-vacation, this is the place he contacted us a couple of days in advance to confirm our arrival time and offer dinner advice and reservations. Manager was too helpful and kind...will see u again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jon d
We really appreciate those great remarks.
You are always welcome when you come to town and
we hope to see yopu again soon.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Wow -- completely exceeded all expectations, which weren't terribly high considering the area. Totally CLEAN room with comfortable beds. Unbelievable hospitality by family who manages the property. Easy on...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alex D
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. It is our pleasure to make that happen. Please come again.
Martinsburg, WV
Reviewed 20 June 2014

There was not hot water in the shower in my room, However, there was hot water in the sink. When I told the person at the front desk about this problem she told me that this was impossible because both the sink and shower are connected to the same pipe. While I am certainly not a plumber, I am competent enough to judge the temperature of water on my skin. No attempt was ever made to investigate or rectify the hot water problem. Also, the television was not working because of a problem with Direct TV. I was not only one with problems. As I was checking in a family returned to the front desk to inform the clerk that some was one occupying the room they had been given. The clerk did not have any idea how this was possible. Overall my room was clean and comfortable. However, the staff seems to be poorly trained and overwhelmed.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 108.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JEDMartinsburg_WV
Fenil D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel. Our remodeling is in progress and we will soon have new Truly Yours Bedding, carpet, drapes, and many other new items. We are very excited about the remodeling and hope that you will give us a second chance next time you are in the area. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

After driving all day and finally settling on this location, went inside to book reservation using my Choice Priviledges points and was told by Feneal that there was a problem on Choice Priv end for being able to use the points to book room. This, while I had a CP representative on the phone with me telling me that the "manager" had put a block on it from the hotel's end. He blatantly lied to us because he didn't want to honor the CP points to pay for room. The rest of hotel staff was fine, but he's ruined any chance of me ever using this property again. This was not a good time to not honor my points too and it cost me over $100.00 to stay. Room was worth 50.00 at best. Not very impressive. Looked nice, but didn't feel nice (carpet). Felt like I had to keep shoes on while in the room.

Room Tip: Go about 8 miles north and find a better selection of hotels.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Jimi111
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferdinand
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Jasper
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Huntingburg

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand? Share your experiences!