“We enjoyed it, heat was not working”

Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Fishers
Los Angeles, California
“We enjoyed it, heat was not working”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

A good accessible location for our visit pupose and also close to 82nd commercial street (Malls, restuarants). Welcoming hotel and reception desk. Mostly clean. A team of high school sport players that just arrived created significant noise in the corridor, but it was mostly over after an hour.

At midnight we discovered that air condtion unit was not heating, but it was not practical to contact the maintenance or to move to another room.

Some guests left a pile of room serice in the corridor during the night, created a poor smell throughout the morning. No hotel attendant came to clear it (a Saturday morning).

Free Wifi. Ate breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marathon308
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Marathon308,

Thank you so much for writing a review about your experience at our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for your heater not working. I appreciated you letting us know at checkout. I am happy to report that we have fixed that unit.

I glad the high school hockey players calmed down after check in. I also want to apologize for my staff not removing the smelly food item from the corridor. I have reviewed you comments with my team to insure we handle this differently in the future.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Jeff Lewis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

the first room I checked into smelled like a cat had been in there I went down to the front desk to ask for another room and was told there were no other room and I would be stuck in that room. When checking out in the AM the lady asked how my stay was and I told her. She gave me worthless sorry and my bill. Not impressed with the staff and cleanliness of the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Greenbean94,

Your review is greatly appreciated as it helps us improve our hotel. Please let me apologize for the smell in your room and rude treatment you received from our front desk clerk. I've addressed the behavior with her directly, and she joins me in offering an apology for her reactions.

At your convenience, please contact me at gm.in114@choicehotels.com; I would like to make up for your poor experience.

Thank you again for writing the review and I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion of our hotel.

IL
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Love "suites". I like to hit the grocery store (Marsh is just around the corner) so i use the fridge and the microwave. I don't always eat out and i often pick up a salad bar , bottled water, yoghurt, etc. nice, comfortable room. Breakfast was good. I am always satisfied staying at a Choice Hotel property, esp Comfort Inns. Location was good too. easy access to 465. ( i think it was 465!). Yes, I will stay here the next trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank IlLibby123
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear IILibby123,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us a review on your stay. We are pleased to hear the fridge and microwave was very useful, and that you enjoyed our breakfast.

We are looking forward to our next opportunity to provide you with a great stay on future visits.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed here on a recent road trio. Great location and easy to find. Great area, lots of places to eat.

Hotel room was large and very clean. We needed sheets for the pull out sofa my son slept on and they arrived within mins from the time we called.

Wonderful breakfast fresh and neat.

Would stay here any day!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 3MassFam
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear 3MassFam,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review! I am glad you were happy with our hotel on your recent road trip and that we got you the needed sheets in a timely manner. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Kendallville, Indiana
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We have stayed at this particular location on and off for the past 8-10 years or so. Originally, this hotel was really good. Then, it took a nosedive and it wasn't until last year we started staying here again. We had a good experience another time and decided to stay again here in July.

We originally booked the room for a Sunday night and Monday night in July...the 7th and 8th to be exact. My son was scheduled for open heart surgery at Riley on the 9th and we only booked the room on the 8th in case we were unable to get into the Ronald McDonald house which was near Riley. We were advised from the hospital staff that we wouldn't know until about 6pm the 8th whether we had the Ronald McDonald house or not.

Per the hotels website, we needed to let them know by 4pm if we were cancelling that nights stay. So, my husband asked the manager after we checked out if they could make an exception given our situation and let us call them by 6pm when we were done with the pre-op stuff. The manager was very gruff and said "no". My husband tried to explain to him again how we needed to be at Riley at 5am for surgery and we could only stay in this hotel as a last resort because of how far it was from the hospital he was very agitated with us. He said that supposedly the hotel was "filling up fast" and he needed to know by 4pm. I thought, if it's getting as busy as he said then he should be happy to have us cancel at 6 so if a guest comes in at 630 requesting a room they can accommodate them, right? Wrong. This man has absolutely NO sympathy for anyone and has no people skills at all.

The funny thing in all of this was that another Choice Hotel, the Comfort Inn at 10201 N Meridian Street in Carmel, Indiana was willing to let us call them by 4pm the day of and cancel. So, guess who we booked with instead? I would NOT recommend this particular hotel. For better service go to the Comfort Inn instead.

Now, I would rate the service "terrible", however, the other staff have always been friendly. I guess if you want good service from this location don't go when the manager is there. :(

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Steelcurtin
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Steelcurtin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with me. I would like to personally apologize that your husband thought I came across gruff, unprofessional and unsympathetic. I have spent my entire career in the hospitality industry; customer service and guest focus is my number one priority. When I hire and train staff it is my soul purpose. I want to apologize once again. I would welcome the opportunity to change your current opinion of me if you get back to the Indianapolis / Fishers area. I can be contacted at gm.in114@choicehotels.com.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Suites Northeast in Fishers in July.
Great service and wonderful room. Breakfast was decent and everything was great. Rate was ok given the summertime travel...
Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Hornet2222,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the five star review. We're so happy we could provide great service and a wonderful room.

We're looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations next time you are in town!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 10 August 2013

For a hotel that includes a good breakfast, with this location, you can't beat the price. The staff were all very friendly. The free wi-fi internet was good for email, but some basic web pages took a while to load. The room was spacious, with solid furniture, but the air-condition had a mildewy smell. I heard other guests talking about it in their rooms, too. I was disappointed with housekeeping, who never made it in my room to empty the one tiny trash can, or make my bed, before I returned to the room at 5pm. Though, given the sheets on the floor in the hallway outside every other room on my floor, they must have had a lot of turnover that day. Overall, I would stay there again. It's the right price if you're looking for a mostly-clean, basic hotel.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites NE Indianapolis-Fishers, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear ddbumps,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites Fishers. We always appreciate guest feedback.

I am so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations regarding the issues with housekeeping and the mildew smell in your room. I have talked to the Executive Housekeeper and Maintenance about your comments to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Fishers.