“Great atmophere, great prices!”
Review of Riviera Maya

Riviera Maya
Ranked #22 of 193 Restaurants in Fishers
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 January 2013

My husband and I have gone to this restaurant a couple of times and we think it's great! The decor is completely unique... you feel like your sitting outside on the square in a little Mexican town. The food is pretty much what you would expect at a Mexican place. We haven't had anything we didn't like, but it's not the world's best food either. The last time we went, which was a Friday night, there was a man going around making balloon animals for the kids... so it's definitely family friendly, if that's what you're looking for! Lastly, the price is right! We spend about the same amount we do when we go to Chipotle or Qdoba... and we got a complete dining experience! I highly recommend Riviera Maya and we will definitely be frequent customers.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Northern Indianapolis gives a plethora of Mexican restaurants to try and I came here to meet at old friend who recommended the place. The dining area distinctly designed and pleasant and there is an abundance of seating.
The Maya has a large selection of beer, although I'm not much of a drinker.
The menu is nothing special, the usual kinds of selections and combinations of mexican entrees and appetizers. The food was quite good, everything cooked well and evenly and presented like usual. The service was sub-par to say the least. The waiter was exceptionally slow to bring or refill anything that had run dry and we had to get his attention to get him to return. I'm sure that not everyone had the same problem with the service but our section was certainly left wanting.
I will return to the restaurant for the quiet area to talk and for the food but I'm hoping that the service will improve for round two.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

With the abundance of Mexican style restaurants in the Indianapolis area, the formula is hard to mess up. Riviera Maya missed the mark when developing their restaurant. Their building and dining area is extremely unique but the food is nothing great and the service is poor. There are so many Mexican style restaurants with the same menu options within a few blocks of each other in Fishers - skip this one.

Service:
The servers are unfriendly and lack care. There isn't much expectation to live up to at a casual mexican restaurant but these servers are awful by any standard. I believe in tipping well for servers who work hard and do what they can. Riviera Maya has printed in bold letters on their receipts "TIPS NOT INCLUDED". I was also reminded by the cashier that "I should leave a tip". This is distasteful and very off putting. I am guessing they have had issues with patrons not leaving tips, which to be honest, based on the quality service, I am not surprised.

Food:
Average through and through. Nothing special but not terrible.

Value:
On par with similar style of restaurants. Inexpensive and generous portions.

Atmosphere:
The best part of this restaurant is the building and dining room. It may appear odd but it was built from the ruins of numerous building throughout Indiana. The result is an eclectic mix of limestone/wood/misc items built into the walls. It is very cool but doesn't make up for the poor dining experience.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

We were very disappointed after reading the reviews on several different sites. This was our first visit and informed the waiter we would like to study the menu. He gave us no more than a minute and then stood next to our table. The chicken & beef meat in the fajitas was like rubber. The fish tacos were terrible served with a bland rice. The fish was very strong & cut in tiny cubes. The chips and salsa were the best part of the meal. When we paid our bill the cashier was having a conversation on our cell phone.

Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

We're never disappointed when we stop in at Riveria Maya. The salsa is always fresh and delicious. The arroz con polo is, in our opinion, the best dish on the menu. The chicken soft tacos are also delicious. The servers are efficient if not always overly friendly. This place gets crowded and is tr worth the wait.