“extended stay property, not a hotel”

Studio 6 Indianapolis - Fishers
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Fishers
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This property is designed for extended stay patrons, not for a night or a weekend. It is low-priced, but you get what you pay for. If you need a place to stay for a couple of weeks, a month, or longer, and you want a kitchenette, then this will do the job. Front desk is not staffed overnight but some help is available by phone.
Better than the InTown Suites I had tried on the southeast side of Indianapolis.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator. Property only has a single elevator which always sounds like it is goin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David R

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I had booked this room due to the low price, one night, and that it was close to the concert venue, Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville. Once we found it, kind of hiding behind other hotels, very late (after midnight) and just wanted to check in and go to sleep, hubby was told by the clerk that there was a $25 "security deposit" required now which would be refunded "in the morning after the room was inspected with a flashlight." Huh? It was so late that hubby gave in and paid this, telling me afterward. We had to get back up early and so I just went to bed. Our assumption was that in the morning, as the clerk had said, we could address this. The room phone started ringing randomly and loudly for no apparent reason for several hours until I unplugged it. In the morning I tried to awaken from my fog with the one cup of coffee provided - they don't serve breakfast here - and packed the car and prepared to head out. Upon going to the "lobby" which is an anteroom, and seeing a metal gate pulled down over the office entrance, we got a bad feeling about this deposit situation. There was no one to be found except a phone with a three digit number on it to contact someone, I guess at a call center. I spoke to this person which was pointless, she told me that "there would be someone in at noon to help us" and that "she wasn't there to give us money back." Also, she stated that she "didn't work for the Motel 6 company." What good is that? We couldn't wait another three and a half hours for someone to show up. I did call the hotel at 7 p.m that night and was told by that clerk that the money would be refunded by mail ASAP and apologized for the previous clerk who clearly misrepresented that someone would be available in the morning for us. These policies need to be stated on their website so that people can choose whether to accept that before booking there. I'd not have booked there if I had known this information prior to selecting this location. The communication from that night clerk was inadequate and incorrect and he didn't care. He just wanted to get out.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelkitty50
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The only Thing missing was the Rats. Our room had a Flood and smelled of mold! The room was at the end of a dark Hall and was Security scary! There are nö Telephones around. JAck the ripper could be Hiding! If you are Single you are Crazy to Stay here. If you are a Royal you might lose you Head. If you Cannot find a room in Indiana let them Enjoy the Rats at Studio 6 and Camp Out!

Room Tip: Everyone room is filthy
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bermandonald
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed for 2 nights. Once on our way to Kansas City & once on the way back. The first room was Febreezed to death and there was white animal fur between the beds. The second stay was a little better. No fur and no weird odors. Not my favorite out of the 3 hotels we stayed in, but it was ok for weary travelers. This is also an extended stay hotel and I believe you have to check in at the office by 8 PM otherwise you have to use the phone outside and have someone come to help you. It also was not clearly marked where the office was.Fortunately, we got there both nights before 8 and while it was still daylight. The hotel front desk clerk was cordial and I was impressed by how he really went out of his way to help some foreign business men who spoke very minimal English. There is a kitchenette in the rooms and coin fed washers/dryer downstairs. Not my favorite, but better than the Ramada we stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2012

it is an extended stay hotel... good thing about the hotel is - the staff is very cordial, neat and clean, location is extremely good - there is a wallmart right opposite the Hotel and lots of restaurants around which makes it very convenient to stay here... the room have a small kitchen so you can cook some small bits if you staying for long and bored eating out. However, there is no gym or a swimming pool in the Hotel. Also, beds in the room are not very comfortable... they gave us a backache... Overall value for money....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Staying on business in the indy area from March 16th to 18th of 2012

I want to start out by saying that I have stayed in several hotels/motels around the Indianapolis area and Studio 6 is by far the cleanest, most attractive, conveniently located, sweetest deal going with the best staff any guest could ask for.

The room was clean with a very attractive mini kitchen and an unexpected 20" or so TV. Outside of the hotel was attractive with plenty of parking and the atmosphere inside is quite relaxed and well maintained. If you are hungry or like to shop there are several restaurants and commercial stores in the area to choose from along with a theater right across 96th street (exit 3) from the hotel complex.

I accidentally locked myself out of my room and was freaking out at 9:30am on Sunday morning (the office is closed till 12) but after calling the night attendant she sent someone down to assist me and I was back in my room getting ready for work within 4 minutes of speaking to her. I am not joking the staff is nothing short of AMAZING!

Room Tip: I do not know if it would matter to you personally but I would not recommend getting a room close to...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2011

My wife and I were taking our young granddaughter to the Indiana state fair...almost 400 miles from our home in Michigan. We weren't going to be in the room much, so amenities were unnecessary. This Studio 6 was relatively new and was clean and neat. The room was reasonably large with a separate kitchenette area: a small full sized refrigerator, a microwave, and a two burner stove. Dishes and cooking utensils were available. We had simple meals in our room to save money. The beds were comfortable with good sized pillows. The shower with tub was strong and hot. We were very happy to stay at this motel at a senior cost of $43 a night (including tax). Our only complaint was a missing tile behind the door. If you are arriving late, or early on a Sunday, call ahead....these appear to be unstaffed periods. They will leave a key card for you in a secure place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family