“Worst service I have ever seen”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Fishers
“Worst service I have ever seen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We booked a room for 2 adults and 2 kids through Hotwire. Upon arrival the room that was reserved was one double bed in a handicapped accessible room!

I asked to view the room and it was disgusting! The bed was maybe a twin.

I asked the lady at the front desk how that would was acceptable for 4 people and she responded that it wasn't her problem and that I booked through Hotwire and it's there problem.

She said the hotel was totally booked and perhaps I need to go find a different place to stay!

Worst experience I have ever had, great way to start our family vacation

I do not recommend this hotel at all to anyone

• Stayed August 2013
AndrewFlett, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Atrain13,

My name is Andrew Flett, I have taken over the AmericInn Indianapolis Northeast recently as General Manager. Upon review of past guest experiences I wanted to make sure we reached out to you. I would like to apologize for your experience at the AmericInn Indianapolis. As well as the response time to your words. This is not the experience we pride ourselves in as a hotel nor I as a General Manager. Your words will not go unnoticed. I again thank you for your feedback.

If you come back to the Indianapolis area please feel free to reach out to me directly, I would love the opportunity to show you what our guest experience is truly about.

Andrew
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saginaw, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Average hotel with typical no charge for breakfast one is better off going to nearby restaurant, gym is not so great needs to be repaired or update equipment, bathroom sink in room 226 needs to be replaced, hotel staff is pleasant especially Sayeed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear TWoods13,

I would like to firstly, apologize for the late response. My name is Andrew, and have recently tekn over management responsiblities at AmericInn Indianapolis Northeast. Upon review the guest experiences of past, I wanted to make sure I reached out to you to thank you for your feedback. As a new GM, your feedback is greatly appreciate and will help define the direction we take the guest experience in the future.

Thank you again. If I can help with anything in the future please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Andrew
GM
Hudson, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

During our vacation we were delayed by road construction and traffic, we knew that we were not going to make our destination and needed to find a closer stop, we are family of 4 with kids under the age of 12. We booked AmericanInn on the road, and let the front desk know that it would be a late check in, the usual reply of "not a problem" was given, this time it really was true. The front desk was extremely helpful, wonderfully friendly and genuinely concerned with my families comfort for our stay. The service was personable and friendly, the room was neat and very clean, the front lobby was inviting and comfortable, pool was clean, business center was up and running with no hassles accessing the net, complimentary breakfast was great, the GM Roxanne was delightful to speak with, over all rating for us would be 10 out of 10, personable service is the best asset here.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need if the staff can make it happen they will.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
RoxannRLeija, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We are lucky that you selected us for your last minute stop. We look forward to seeing you again!
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I had booked a night on Hotwire for the hotel. When we arrived the hotel was overbooked because of computer problems. The young man at the desk, Sayeed, directed us to another hotel and gave us information to be reimbursed. I called the general manager and she gave us a free night at the hotel and said we would be receiving a refund for our new hotel bill. We received the free night and check for the hotel bill in the mail promptly!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
I am so sorry we did not have a room for you. I am glad that you were happy with the compendation. We do hope you will book us again soon!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed for two nights with my two daughters. The staff was very nice and helpful. They put us in a smoking room but with my request, immediately found us a non-smoking room. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. My daughter loved the chair/ottoman provided and even slept there one night. We were granted a late check out with no problem, as we were there for a swim meet which ran til 2. We very much enjoyed our stay and will return again. The price was excellent!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
RoxannRLeija, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post the compliments on your stay. We appreciate and value your business!

Roxann Leija
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

When we got into our room we discovered dirty washcloths and towels in the bathroom. The bed sheets appeared "slept in". We requested a new room and were upgraded to a suite. When we went into the suite there was a dirty towel right inside the door. We then check the sheets and there were stains and pubic hairs all over. We went back to the front desk and requested a refund. The gentleman at the front desk was very apologetic and courteous. We got our refund and changed hotels. I am partially upset with hotwire.com for considering this a 3-star hotel. Other travel websites called it a 2.5-star.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
RoxannRLeija, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Mr. Reynolds,

I am so sorry that we miss stepped in our housekeeping program during your stay. Because you were good enough to report the issue to us we were able to prevent further dissatisfied guest and the continuance of less than acceptable cleanliness standards that AmericInn promises. My lead housekeeper and I are working together with the housekeeper who serviced both of these rooms and her inspection process to insure this never happens again. I am so glad that my front desk staff was accommodating and gracious in issuing your refund. We have attained our higher 3 star rating based on service patterns that truly represent our normal practices. I would ask you to call me so that I can further remedy the inconvenience you had and hopefully a chance to alter the perception we left you on the quality of our hotel. I can be reached directly at 317-578-9000

Roxann Leija
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

My fiancé and I went to Indy to get my engagement ring inspected at Shane co. (There isn't one in OH). Since we have to go twice a year we found the cheapest hotel so we didn't have to spend a whole lot of money. AmericInn was the cheapest and we weren't expecting much since it was so inexpensive. Our stay there was beyond our expectations. The staff was friendly and the hotel was modern and exceptionally clean !! We loved it there. Needless to say that's where we'll book our stays going further !

• Stayed December 2012
RoxannRLeija, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to provide our services to you while visiting Indianapolis! We certainly value our guest and are glad to hear that it was noticeable.
Shane Co. say's you have a friend in the Diamond business and now you also have a friend in the lodging business:)