“Nice Place - reasonably priced”

Hampton Inn and Suites Indianapolis - Fishers
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Fishers
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Nice Place - reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

My wife and I stayed two different nights at this hotel when we came in for a wedding. On the first night (Thursday) we had a 2nd floor room with a King bed. The room was very clean and neat. The air conditioning worked great and even though we were just outside the stairwell, it was a very quiet room. They advertise the Fresh Linens and lived up to that motto. The room also had misc. toiletries. The room also had a mini-fridge and a microwave. There was an odd smell that my wife thought was a cleaning product, but I thought it was a body odor smell. It wasn't bad and you didn't notice if after a minute or two in the room.

We did not partake of the breakfast, but noticed the night before several families enjoying the room to play games and socialize.

The second night we came back (Sunday) we had a 4th floor room with a King bed. The first thing that hit us when we got off the elevator was the heat. Not outside, but in the 4th floor hallway. We noticed several fans in the hallway and when I entered the room I found out why. Our room had a wall mounted air conditioning unit switch and thermostat. It cooled the room, but you could barely tell it was running. I borrowed one of the fans for the night to circulate the air and it was fine. Again, this room smelled to me, so I believe my wife was correct in that it's the cleaning product they use. I would suggest changing that. I notice that I am not the only one that thinks it stinks.

Again the room was clean and neat. There was no noise that bothered us and we had a very good night's sleep on the bed (soft pillows for me and firm pillows for her).

Once again we skipped breakfast to go to one of the local restaurants (The Old Pancake House).

The staff was very, very friendly and professional. Andre was the front desk employee both times we checked-in and he went out of his way to make us feel welcome and appreciated for staying at the Hampton Inn. He worked with me on the fan issue and even offered to come up and see if the thermostat was working correctly.

Upon checkout the bills were correct and it was a very simple process. Since I paid with a credit card, they slid the receipts under my door on both mornings. I just had to leave the key on the dresser when I left. We paid a little over $100 for each night (that included all of the taxes and city stuff)

I would recommend this hotel for anyone needing a place to stay while in Fishers, IN.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SteveC402
HamptonFishers, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Indianapolis - Fishers, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay in such detail. It was our pleasure to serve you as our guests and we certainly hope to see you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I drove from Chicago to see a concert nearby (10 minutes) and was happy with how clean the room was. Sheets were super clean and I was glad of that as I really wanted to be comfortable and sleep late. I have to agree with another reviewer that my room had a bad odor to it. It seemed more like a moldy smell and I was glad I had a bottle of body spray in the car to freshen it up with. The breakfast was nice -- eggs fluffy instead of dry like usual breakfast bars and the choices were plentiful. Very modern in décor and super close to the great newly discovered town of Fishers made this the best choice for me. I would definitely stay here again and hope the room didn't smell as that is my only complaint. Also, on the plus side, I LOVE Jack in the Box tacos and there are several in the area, so I brought a cooler and some ice packs to bring some home the next day. The person behind the desk gladly took my ice packs, which I stored in a new Ziploc bag, and put them in a freezer for me overnight. In the morning, they were retrieved by another super nice person behind the desk and I was assured it was no problem at all. All you have to do is ask. A+ service

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TMladic
We are certainly happy that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel, the concert and that you got to visit Jack in the Box. Thank you for the great comments on our staff and service.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

the room smelled & breakfast was not kept up with. items were either empty or cold & old. not sure if we'll stay here again. we always stay at Hampton Inns, this one was disappointing. the room was supposed to be a non smoking room, it wasn't. there were no rooms available to switch to either.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We do hope the next time you are in area you will consider staying at our hotel and experience our true Hamptonality.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My stay was great except for a scammer who called my room to obtain my credit card info! Nothing against Hampton inn! The front desk staff handled it appropriately. I just want others to know. DO NOT give ANYONE your checkin info if they call your room! A man called my room at 9:00 am to say the computer went down overnight and he needed my card used at checkin to re-enter it into the system before checkout. I asked if I could come down to the desk to take care of it (because I was suspicious) and he got impatient. I asked his name and he said Steven Williams, the asst. manager. Then I told him I'd be right down. Well as you can guess, no Steve Williams works here. Be careful! Don't fall for it!

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Court1980
We are pleased that you stay went well and thankful that your instincts were correct concerning the incoming caller. We have posted this information company wide to bring it to attention and taken steps to make certain it cannot happen here.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Making reservations was a breeze. The rooms were clean, nice and comfortable. I had to make some changes and cancellations for a group business trip and the staff was always pleasant and understanding.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank ace1957
So glad to hear that your stay was outstanding. That is our goal and it is rewarding to hear such great comments.

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!
Fishers, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed for my son's 5th birthday. The staff was wonderful, as always. The room was clean. The kids enjoyed the pool. We enjoyed the breakfast. Overall, we were all very pleased. We will be staying again soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank happilyhere2review
HamptonFishers, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Indianapolis - Fishers, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
So great to hear your son had such a good birthday! We will look forward to your next visit and thank you for the good comments!
Midland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Have stayed here several times when visiting my son and his wife the past few years. Facility is clean and well maintained. Complimentary breakfast is fine as far as free breakfasts go. Room price this stay was higher than I remember in the past. I am not sure why. I am waiting for a response to this question from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Ted O
HamptonFishers, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Indianapolis - Fishers, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thanks for your great comments on our hotel. Pricing increases have been generated by such high demand for the local market this summer. We appreciate your loyal business and hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fishers
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Northeast / Fishers
Holiday Inn Express Fishers
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Fishers
Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville - Indianapolis
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Indianapolis
Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Indianapolis - Fishers? Share your experiences!