My wife and I stayed two different nights at this hotel when we came in for a wedding. On the first night (Thursday) we had a 2nd floor room with a King bed. The room was very clean and neat. The air conditioning worked great and even though we were just outside the stairwell, it was a very quiet room. They advertise the Fresh Linens and lived up to that motto. The room also had misc. toiletries. The room also had a mini-fridge and a microwave. There was an odd smell that my wife thought was a cleaning product, but I thought it was a body odor smell. It wasn't bad and you didn't notice if after a minute or two in the room.
We did not partake of the breakfast, but noticed the night before several families enjoying the room to play games and socialize.
The second night we came back (Sunday) we had a 4th floor room with a King bed. The first thing that hit us when we got off the elevator was the heat. Not outside, but in the 4th floor hallway. We noticed several fans in the hallway and when I entered the room I found out why. Our room had a wall mounted air conditioning unit switch and thermostat. It cooled the room, but you could barely tell it was running. I borrowed one of the fans for the night to circulate the air and it was fine. Again, this room smelled to me, so I believe my wife was correct in that it's the cleaning product they use. I would suggest changing that. I notice that I am not the only one that thinks it stinks.
Again the room was clean and neat. There was no noise that bothered us and we had a very good night's sleep on the bed (soft pillows for me and firm pillows for her).
Once again we skipped breakfast to go to one of the local restaurants (The Old Pancake House).
The staff was very, very friendly and professional. Andre was the front desk employee both times we checked-in and he went out of his way to make us feel welcome and appreciated for staying at the Hampton Inn. He worked with me on the fan issue and even offered to come up and see if the thermostat was working correctly.
Upon checkout the bills were correct and it was a very simple process. Since I paid with a credit card, they slid the receipts under my door on both mornings. I just had to leave the key on the dresser when I left. We paid a little over $100 for each night (that included all of the taxes and city stuff)
I would recommend this hotel for anyone needing a place to stay while in Fishers, IN.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are here for work, to visit family, or to explore the local area, the Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis - Fishers hotel is a great place to find friendly service and good value. Settle into your guest room and get some work done thanks to the free WiFi at our Fishers, Indiana hotel. Grab your laptop and the handy lap desk and you can even type while you stretch out on the clean and fresh Hampton bed(R). Step up to a suite and not only will you have more room, but you can also enjoy your own fireplace and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Indianapolis - Fishers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Indianapolis - Fishers Hotel Fishers
- Hampton Inn Fishers
- Fishers Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Hotel Indianapolis