“More expensive than last time I stopped in”
Review of Ram Restaurant & Brewery - CLOSED

Ram Restaurant & Brewery
Reviewed 25 June 2018

My fish n chips were good, but overpriced for the portion. I treated a friend to lunch and she wouldn't send back her uncooked steak for her salad. We were the only ones in the restaurant for lunch on Friday. I'm concerned a restaurant can survive no patrons at prime time. Service was just okay.

1  Thank TDK1009

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We frequented the Ram quite often in the past. It had been over a year since we have been. We were both wanting the fish and chips which was the must have in the past. We were both very disappointed. It seems the recipes and food have changed, even the fries and coleslaw. The fries were not hot. The fish was ok but not top notch like it used to be. Seemed smaller pieces and smaller serving.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We stopped in for a family dinner with our son, daughter-in-law, and two granddaughters. Service was OK and the food was good. However, nothing about the meal or the restaurant was special or memorable.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Last year we were regulars here, even though we live about 45 minutes away we would come in once a week, sometimes more. We were also members of their “mug club” which had some great deals. Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control we weren’t able to make it back for about 8 months, and boy how things have changed... and not for the better.

The service is still pleasant, but very slow, and their cheese curds are still top notch but that’s where the quality seems to end.

I ordered a beer (their seasonal lager) and received an amber. It’s an innocent mistake but the fact that we had to wait 10 minutes before the waitress came over to check to tell her (and when we did she said she “suspected” it was the wrong pour- why would you need t come back sooner to make sure it was correct?). I finally got the correct beer.

But the issues didn’t end there. I ordered the Cubano and they have severely changed the recipe. Where the pulled pork they have used to be flavorful, now it is nothing but peppers, which were so plentiful and strong I couldn’t even eat the sandwich. The fries were no better. They were lukewarm and tough. They may have tasted better when they had been fried about three hours before we got there but by the time we got them they were as unappealing and inedible as the sandwich.

Needless to say, I am roundly disappointed in what my old haunt has become, and I have no plans to return.

1  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 28 February 2018

I visited here while in Fishers on business, the food was good and the service was good, i tried the armadillo eggs, doesn't sound good but it was really good, i also had the steak, if you are a steak lover this may not be where you would get one, they only have 8oz sirloin,it is really small but thick and mine was too dry in the middle so i wasn't able to eat most of it, but our group shared numerous appetizers and they all were great, also try the mac and cheese it was good too.