“Extremely satisfied.”

Holiday Inn Express Fishers
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Fishers
“Extremely satisfied.”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Staying here was a great choice I always see all the commercials about holiday inn express but it really can make your stay by choosing them. The staff was friendly and professional and the hotel was cleaner than could be expected. Looking forward to using them in the future.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Joe C
Joshua S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fishers, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Pinckney, Michigan
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have found very few hotels, in all my travels, that I would care to talk about or recommend. However when I came across the Holiday Inn Express in Fishers, it truly did exceeded my expectations! What a wonderful hotel to have visited and I sure look forward to going back. My room was very clean and the staff was wonderfully helpful! I truly believe this hotel is a rare gem!

• Stayed April 2014
Joshua S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fishers, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and complimenting our staff. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Kendallville, Indiana
Reviewed 19 April 2014

There are a lot of other hotels in this area and I suggest looking at staying at one of them instead of this hotel. I checked in at about 3:30 and had booked a king room, when they handed me the paper to sign I noticed that it said 2 queen bed room. I asked the guy checking me in about a king room since that is what I had booked. He said that all the king rooms were booked and couldn't change it. I'm a IHG Platinum Elite member and would think I could at least get the room I booked. I said ok and headed to the room. The room itself was nice enough although I think they might want to start replacing the mattresses as they seemed a little on the dated side. I dropped my bags off and headed out for dinner. When I came back I tried to watch some tv but for some reason the system kept rebooting itself. Sometimes after a couple minutes and sometimes after about 15 minutes. So I just decided to turn the tv off and "try" to go to sleep. I had a room on the second floor and I could hear every footstep the people on the third floor took. About 2 hours later they finally decided to go to sleep and so I got to sleep also. The next morning apparently the third floor people were early risers and so I was woke up well before I had planned on it. I decided might as well watch some tv and it worked fine in the morning. I then decided to head down to breakfast around 8:30 and was greeted with most of the breakfast items empty, including the pancake machine needing more batter. I waited about 15 minutes before the lady working brought out some more cinnamon rolls and waited another 15 minutes after that and she never brought anything else out. I ended up eating a banana and I like to eat so this was disappointing. The chairs in the breakfast area also had a lot of stains on them and may need cleaned. I know this property used to be a Hotel Indigo which is generally one of IHG's nicer properties so I wonder if it wasn't nice enough anymore and so they switched it to a HIE. All I can say is that if I am ever in the area again I will not stay here but if you choose to make sure to ask for a third floor room and don't count on getting the room you booked.

Room Tip: Get a third floor room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jwalters310
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am truly sorry that you didn’t have a good stay with us. We are going to be following up with you directly for further resolution. Thanks again.
Charlotte, Michigan
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were extremely unhappy with our recent stay at this hotel. We got there at 12:00pm (check-in was 3pm) and were asked to leave a number so they could call us when our room was ready, they said it shouldn't be too long. We came back at 3:05pm (hadn't gotten a call that the room was ready) and our room was still not ready. The lady working the desk then proceeded to ask if I could go out in town for awhile and wait for the room, although I had already been in town since 12pm finding things to do with my 11 week old baby. They told me our room wasn't ready because they don't actually count on people checking in at the check-in time. The next day my parents came down to stay at the same hotel with us. They had reserved a room with 2 beds. They got their room keys, got up to their room, and there was only one bed. They called down to the front desk and they were told that the hotel was overbooked for that type of room. We were both told we were unable to get any sort of refund on our stay because we didn't book directly through the hotel and no effort was made to correct the issues we had. I was told the manager would call me as soon as he wasn't busy and work out something due to all the issues and I never received a call from him. The hotel itself was beautiful but the staff left a lot to be desired. I will NEVER stay here again, and I will never recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed there 2 times in a week period. The "heated" pool was ice cold. The front desk said they just turned it on (at 7 pm). Not true. Stayed again and still ice cold. Families were complaining left and right. No hot tub and hallways are loud with rude people. Hard to sleep with noise. Stay on 3rd floor, if not you will be up with people walking on the hardwood floors and talking. We were offered a free night, but will not use it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Joshua S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fishers, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Mr. Bacon,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent stays with us here in Fishers. I am glad you were able to come back again this weekend and give us another try. I hope that your stay experience was the 5 STAR experience our hotel loves to provide.

Josh.Smoker@fishersexpress.com
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Fishers Indiana and I must say the decor was really nice. I stayed in a suite and it was nicer than in the images online. They forgot to add my IHG rewards points. I called and they explained they had added them and instead of solving the issue themselves they had me call myself to get it resolved.....not the right way to go. I had the same issue at a Staybridge and the MGR resolved this with IHG. The customer should not have to do your job. Place to stay great. Customer Service....not so much....Would have given a 5 star rating had I not had to be on hold with IHG forever to get my points.

Room Tip: Stay in the suites its worth the extra cash.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us here in Fishers. I am delighted to see you had such a great experience with our hotel. I am sorry however with the IHG Rewards mix up. Please accept my apologies for this not being taken care of immediately by our front desk team. I will make sure to communicate this to my team to ensure this does not happen again to a future guest. We hope you will come see us again! Thank You.

Josh.Smoker@fishersexpress.com
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This Holiday Inn Express is a former Hotel Indigo, an upscale hotel in the Holiday Inn/InterContinental chain. It makes staying here, just 12 miles from downtown Indianapolis, a real value. The hallways on each floor have brown, beige, and gray square carpeting, and partly embossed aqua wallpaper that make the walls seem sculpted. Add the ceiling, with curving overhangs and bright lights, and you have a graceful, relaxing walk to your door. Inside, firm beds (we had two queens), hardwood floors, and a bathroom sink with a large bowl and faucet are really pluses. One negative: the shower does not include a tub, and the curtain does not reach the base (some shower water escaped the enclosure). The lobby and dining area have a color palate of limes and bright blues that make the area look modern yet cheerful. The dining room spans the serving area to the front windows, so there’s plenty of room to eat. The only small spaces are the swimming pool—which ranges from 3 to 5 feet deep and less than one-third Olympic size—and a small workout room with limited equipment (but a nice flatscreen TV to exercise by). This is definitely an upscale property for Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive review on our hotel. We are glad you had a great experience with us and hope you will have many more.