“Great Place to Stay...Staff are Really Helpful”
Review of Fairway Inn

Fairway Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Florence
“Great Place to Stay...Staff are Really Helpful”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My husband and I went for two different reasons....I wanted to gamble and he wanted to go the races. The prices at Belterra were a little too much for my frugal nature so I booked at Fairway Inn. What a great decision. The hotel is extremely clean and the staff are so nice. The shuttle to and from the casino was right on time and I didn't have to wait to go gambling while my husband had the car at the racetrack. By the way, he was also very pleased with the Fairway because I was happy it was clean and he was just about 15 minutes for the race track.

On a side note, I left my pocketbook in a drawer in the room when we checked out. It had my wallet in it although i had taken out my drivers license and some money to gamble with. I was at Belterra and my husband was at the race (we were going home after the race was over) and I got a call from Fairway Inn. The cleaning staff had found my purse and held it for me until I could go and get it. Whoever says that the staff at Fairway Inn are not friendly must not be dealing with the same people I met. We stayed for three days and all of the front office staff and the cleaning ladies were friendly and responsive. Loved our stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank HatchGirl

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Don't expect anything other than a room. Horrid customer service.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank pjwall

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Oak Island
Reviewed 14 March 2011

My husband and I chose the fairway Inn because it is almost directly across the street from Belterra Resort and Casino and because we couldn't afford the insane prices of a resort room, we decided to find a place less expensive to stay overnight.
At first sight, it doesn't look like much..and that doesn't change with closer inspection.
We booked our room through Priceline and when we checked in, it was clear that they did not have our reservation. No big deal but the lady behind the desk made no apologies and set us up with a room without saying two words.
Onto the room. Yuck. It was not the cleanest space in the world, although it wasn't disgusting but it stank. Granted, it was a smoking room but it smelled as if the cleaning crew had passed it over quite a few times. The bedspreads hadn't been changed since Maude was on the air and the lamp was broken so the only light came from two bare bulbs sticking out of the wall...or from the parking lot. Good thing they did have blackout curtains. The hair dryer in the bathroom was broken, the tv only had 8 channels and there was no coffee machine. We did find out that they offer free continental breakfast and coffee in the lobby.There was a microwave in the room but I have no idea if it worked. I can tell you that the one in the lobby did not as I heard from other guests who were trying to use it.
The beds were pretty comfortable and the bathroom was surprisingly clean if very basic.
The room was supposed to have free wi-fi but you have to get a code from the front desk but since there is no number directory for the front desk in the room, you have to walk down to the lobby and try to catch the person at the desk.
All in all The fairway Inn is a below average motel with not so below average room rates. I"d say if the room had been $20 cheaper, I wouldn't have cared about all of the little things that were'nt right. But at $100 a night, you expect a little bit of cleanliness, consistency and friendliness. If all you care about is a place to crash after a long night at the casino, this would probably fit the bill.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tinydynomite
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Our room was great. We had a fridge, very clean. The staff was excellent. We are early risers and were up at 4:00. By 4:30 they had made coffee in the lounge.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cmcp12355
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Sunrise Inn
#1 of 4 in Dry Ridge
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge
Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South

Been to Fairway Inn? Share your experiences!