“We loved this casino..A stunning entrance!”

Belterra Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Chicago, Illinois
“We loved this casino..A stunning entrance!”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My wife and I went to Belterra on 7/29/11. It was our first visit, and I was very impressed. We had just left Horseshoe Southern IN. and were on a mini vacation, so on our trip north we thought we would give it a try. We played the slots and were able to win some of their money. That always makes you feel good!! We didn't stay in the hotel our try the resturants, but all looked very good. We will be back to stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Didn't stay in the hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Boonville, Indiana
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is a nice hotel except for the new cleaning fluids they are using now. We are non smokers but had to take a smoking room because the non smoking room was overpowering with a very strong smell of chemicals , they told us they changed cleaning fluids.

Room Tip: check out room first for strong smell
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michael S
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I was at this hotel for a conference. The rooms were fine, clean and spacious. Several dining options, buffet was good, Ruby's steakhouse was awesome! Golf course nice but pricey without some type of corporate deal. Casino was not that large but fun. Overall it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011
central Ohio
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My husband and I took my mother-in-law to Belterra to celebrate her 80th birthday on July 13-14, 2011. Our son, Sister and brother-in-law went too. We all could not say enough great things about this casino and hotel. The casino is a bit small which for our situation was a good thing, no one got lost. It is a little walk from the hotel rooms to the casino, but not too bad. Those would be the weak areas if you can all them that. The food was absolutely wonderful!! We have been to LOTS of casino buffets, and this was by the far the best food we've had anywhere! Even the beautiful desserts were delicious, which they often are not. The bathrooms are enormous and pretty. Seperate whirlpool tub, large shower, seperate toilet room. Beds comfortable, bedding great, we sooo like NOT having a traditional bedspread, but rather a launderable light top cover. The golf course was lovely, my son and husband played 18, $55 for late afternoon. The pool area looked nice from what we could see from our room, there is a poolside bar and cabanas available. Did not see the pool itself. If traveling here from the North, be sure to take 75 S to exit 55, the Kentucky Speedway. This is a much better route than down the curvey road past the other casinos, thru Rising Sun, etc. This was our third visit to Belterra and we will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask to be close to elevators
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I guess I should have figured out how my hotel stay was going to be when I am standing in the lobby and a clerk is using a purple sharpie and is coloring the carpet by the check in lobby. As we stood there for approx. 10-15 minutes waiting for the clerk to finish with the only customer checking in, we noticed that clerks seemed overwhelmed at how customer service is supposed to be. We went and checked into our room, which was still being cleaned and linens refresehed. I tried to speak to the house keeper, who spoke ZERO english. So after about 3 minutes, I just took my luggage and put it in my friends room. Unreal!! 4 pm in the afternoon and the room isn't done.

In any case, check in was redicilious!! We were starving, so we walked around the hotel in the middle of the afternoon to find out that the only two places to eat in there was Starbucks and Ben and Jerry's Ice cream. Decided to leave the hotel and eat down the road. After my arrival back, I noticed that the only people there was young people in their 20's who were drinking to get drunk and the 50's and up crowd who just wanted to gamble. I went to my $400 a night room and was very unhappy to smell the odor and notice that my room should be at a motel 6. Wait, motel 6 is nicer. Loved my old box tv that sat in the cabinet along with the doors to closet that stayed open with the light on. This is definately not what i signed up for !!

Being in the hotel for a grand total of 30 minutes and then deciding to try our luck at gambeling. Wow, BIG MISTAKE. Have you ever met a person who is miserable and wants to try and use their power to show that you can be miserable to? Well, in this case, it would be their security guard !! Really.. She should be fired!! Rude and treated me like I was beneath her. I played the slots for 5 minutes and decided that I had enough of this place. Went to my room and found out that i had the WORST bed ever! The next morning, I checked out of my room along with at least 5 other people who was also very dissatisified. As i went back to the racetrack to meet up with other business individuals, i heard that they also checked out of their rooms and checked into a COMFORT Inn that was in forclosure and was not the best place. But, they did state that it was better than this hotel. I did hear that there were some other individuals with NASCAR that won't be staying at this hotel either. No suprise to me. Traveling a majority of the year and staying in different hotels--This is the worst hotel ever. I drove 40 minutes away for a nice hotel with a great bed. I didn't mind the extra drive to the racetrack for the next day or two.

I would stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Room smelled of old musty smokey mold that was covered up with a unknown fragrance. Fire the incompe...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2011

While this hotel ammenties seem to offer a lot. The staff and restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. Restaurants are not open after 10. The rent a cop at the entrance of the gaming area was rude and so unprofessional. No one was drinking or anything. She added her rude comments to people that were not talking to her. We decided after our first night that all 5 of us needed to cancel the rest of our stay. At 400.00 a night per room, I would expect some courtsey.

I observed this rude behavior to people that were not with me.

If you want to eat only ice cream, this is the place for you!! Hotel is nice but everything else was not.

If you are coming to this place for an event like racing, stay far away. Take the extra drive and stay some where else.

• Stayed July 2011
Ohio
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We were pleasantly surprised when we decided to spend two days at the Belterrra Riverboat Casino resort. Our deluxe king room was nicely appointed and roomy. The dinner buffet was a bit disappointing. In hindsight we wish we would have eaten at their full service restaurant. Breakfast buffet was good, but don't wait too late for it, as they started to remove food prior to the 11:00 end time. The hotel lobby has a Starbuck's, Ben & jerry's and a few interesting shops, including one that carried an assortment of Brighton. We would stay again for a nice little getaway! We did not take advantage of the spa, Fazio golf course, workout room or pool.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mmorrisey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Hampton Inn Dry Ridge
Ramada Sparta/At Speedway
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg

Been to Belterra Casino Resort? Share your experiences!