“Another great experience!”

Belterra Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We just returned from an overnight and again we had a wonderful time! We travel with our adult daughter and adult disabled son. Everyone there is so professional and extremely helpful. Our rooms were so nice. Noticed a lot of new slot machines since our last visit - what fun!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kellerma

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Our room was plenty big as was the bath. But things really are needing to be updated. TV's are older tube models, nothing dates a hotel quicker than that. Our bathroom had some basic maintenance that needed to be done; a light bulb was out over the mirror, marble had a huge chunk missing both in front of the hot water faucet and along the edge of the sink, and the sink faucet was loose. And there was mold on the grout of the tile over the bath. I could rub the mold off with a wet wash cloth, so I have no doubt with a bit of elbow grease and proper cleaining tools it would have come clean. Carpet in the room was looking very worn as well.

Work out facility seemed adequately sized for the number of people using it. Equipment that I used was in working order. Only complaint was that there were no mats or even space on the floor to do stretches.

Casino was very smoky. No real separation between the smoking and non-smoking areas. Casino is very small compared to Vegas standards, but I guess if you really want to gamble, it works. Lot's of slot machines and some table games as well.

Can't really comment on price of the room as we were there for a special event and our rooms were paid for by our hosts.

Only ate in the Aquarium Cafe for lunch, was a bit pricey, but not over the top for a hotel; food was decent.

Our food at our event was actually pretty good for conference/buffet food. They said we had swordfish one night, but having had swordfish before, I highly doubt that is what it was; it was way too white. It was, however, and very nice meaty fish and did taste good. The only food that just did not work was the egg and cheese croisant sandwiches for breakfast; absolutely no flavor at all.

Our safe stopped working after a couple of days, and security did have to come up to open it. It did not take an unreasonable amount of time for them to get there.

Husband and I both thought the beds were too hard, and others at our event made the same comment. However, the pillows were quite nice.

Not a bad experience, but this is not a place I would go to without having a specific reason to go there.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We chose this resort to stay at because of the combination of casino and golf and was on our way to Nashville, TN.

The check in was a bit awkward as we had booked to nights - one with a golf package and one night just the room (golf was not available due to a tournament the second day of our stay). When we booked this stay it took almost an hour on the phone to sort out as they didn't seem to know how to package together a golf package stay with a non golf package night. We were told that we would have to check out after the first day and check in again for the second day. A little odd, but they did manage to figure out how to keep us in the same room. The only reason that I didn't rate this resort as excellent is because of the awkward reservation process and the check in. There should be a process to deal with people booking both with and without golf on consecutive days, without having to check in and out.

The room was very nice. Spacious bathroom, comfortable bed and quiet hotel for sleeping.
We enjoyed our round of golf - nice course in great condition. Casino was good with lots of options on 2 floors of the "riverboat".
We dined at both the Aquarium dining and the buffet and found both to have great food options and reasonable priced. The breakfast is a little pricey, but the fresh omelet station was excellent and the fruit was exceptional, so worth the cost.
I would definitely recommend this resort for anyone that enjoys both golf and casino. Not much else around the area to do, but kept pretty entertained by the resort itself.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 11th floor, so was very quiet. Another breakfast option for those that don't w...
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We have stayed at Belterra for years, and to be fair, we have never paid for a room. I hate to complain but if you are paying 100-200 a night for their rooms, as I see some people on here report, then you may be disappointed. The rooms are nice, but the carpets are really showing a lot of wear, and the TV service is poor there, with old 25 inch (maybe) tube TVs that have a very limited number of channels (although HBO is free.) WiFi in the rooms will be over $12 a night, but there is a coffeemaker.
I hate to complain, and I see some good reviews on here. The rooms are nice enough but it is time for the company to put some money into renovations if they want to keep calling this a "resort."
As for the buffet, I would NEVER pay the price for the weekend dinner buffets...food is always mediocre at best. No real choice of veggies, steaks are always tough. However, if you like crab legs, then I suppose Saturdays are worth $30 apiece. You can eat plenty for sure. The Aquarium is much better food, but it costs about the same as the buffet on weeknights.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have some great river views. Lots of room there overlook roofs and parking garage.
2  Thank Vegasclint
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I'm 1 of those people that NEVER take time off work!!!!! I recieved a coupon for a free 2 night stay...so of coarse I couldn't pass that up!!!!
I was absolutely amazed at the customer service I recieved!!! I called on the way there to tell them I was running late for my check-in time...they said no problem....I then asked for room service so that I could have my dinner waiting when I arrived.
Very easy check in....definately faster than other hotels....when I arrived at my room...my room service must of had perfect timing cause my food was as fresh as if I just fixed it!!! As far as the design or comfort of the room...I doubt anyone could ever have an issue!!! Beautiful!! I almost found myself not wanting to leave my room!!! As far as the casino and customer service there...great also!!!...checkout was so smooth!!! I've been home now only a few hours now...regretting that I ever left!! Counting the days until I can find time to go again!!!

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Our first visit was a few years ago, and we wanted to go back. That being said, I'm sure we will not go back.
This visit it was Labor Day Weekend. The hotel was busy.
The front desk staff was coping as best they could. And did a good job.
We paid an average of $225.00 per night. AND they charge for internet. No, really.
The room was just ok. The beds were REALLY nice. The bathroom was clean. But, the carpet was very dirty. It made me nervous to walk barefoot on it.
The pool was a delight as usual.
Overall the stay was ... ok. Not a really-want-to-go-back feeling.

Room Tip: Make sure you complain about paying for internet.
1  Thank spidrman
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I celebrated his retirement with an over night stay at Belterra Casino & Resort.
Our room was on the 9th floor, with a king size bed, couch and a very large bathroom. It was a great view from our room. Staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The Friday night seafood buffet is outstanding!!! You can't go anywhere else and eat that much food for the price.
We also stayed for lunch the next afternoon. We had a very scenic ride through historic Madison, Indiana on our return ride home. My husband beat the casino by winning. We would recommend this casino property to others.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the South side are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peggyrissler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Sunrise Inn
Ramada Sparta/At Speedway
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg

Been to Belterra Casino Resort? Share your experiences!