“Nice Stay 2/23/14”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Williamstown, Kentucky
“Nice Stay 2/23/14”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed at the Belterra Casino and Resort last night and while the hotel is beginning to show its age it is still a nice place to stay. There are some dirty areas like the elevator lobby from the garage, it looks like it hasnt been vacummed in quite some time, but the actual Hotel area is nice. The rooms are comfy but are beginning to show thier age. The casino area is nice, 2 floors and lots of gaming options. Smoking is allowed in casino and the smell will stain your clothers, it is really really really smoky.Overall it is a nice hotel, and the casino is fun just very smoky.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Belterra77, Public Relations Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and for your review! We are glad to see you had a great time during your stay. We have passed your comments along to our hotel team to make sure our property always looks its best. We take great pride in our cleanliness. You may also be excited to learn that we are currently updating our hotel rooms with new TVs, carpets, and other appointments so that your next stay will be even more enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you back at Belterra soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Spangdahlem, Germany
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I booked a non smoking king bed room two weeks out and when we checked in and went to our room it was a room with double beds. I asked about our king room and was told those rooms sell out first and we didn't get it. This is not right. If you book a king room or whatever room you book you should get that room.

1 Thank GaryMel H
Hello,

Thank you so much for your visit and your review! We are troubled to see that your experience with us wasn't perfect this time. We would like to learn more about your stay and have our hotel team get in contact with you. Please send your contact information and confirmation number to snewsome@belterracasino.com. Thank you!
Buffalo, Missouri
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I would expect the casino and hotel to be cleaner and the buffet is a joke for the money limited items and the food either has no taste or if it does it horrible. I'll stick the Golden Corral for the buffet if that gives any indication. The sports bar the food is excellent and so is the service

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Als201413
Belterra77, Public Relations Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hello and thank you for your review. We are sorry to see that your experience with The Buffet was anything less than excellent. We would like to learn more about your visit and invite you back to show you just how great The Buffet can be. Please follow up with us at your leisure to snewsome@belterracasino.com. Our apologies again for this experience and we look forward to seeing you back soon!
Catlettsburg, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Just retired from military and moved back to the states and thought I would take my wife to a resort for Valentines Day since we had never been to a casino before. We booked a no-smoking king room two weeks in advance. When we arrived we were given a double room when I asked about my room I was told it doesn't matter what you book, you get what's available when you arrive. I called today to ask to speak to a manager and was told the same thing, sorry you get what's available. Why make a reservation for a certain type of room if you only get what's available. This was not a good first impression at all.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter don't get what you reserve
4 Thank Gary H
Hello, thank you very much for your recent visit and for your review. We are glad to see your experience in the hotel and at our resort was largely enjoyable. We can certainly understand the frustration in not always receiving the room type you requested. Our policy for complimentary rooms and suites is to try to ensure all guests receive the room type they request, however we do not guarantee those rooms. We would also like to learn more about your stay and your reservations, please follow up with us at your leisure to snewsome@belterracasino.com. Thank you again for your visit and your feedback.
Catlettsburg, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I decided to go to Belterra for Valentines Day and had reserved a King room 2 weeks in advanced. You know you want this to be a perfect night but for some reason the room you reserve at Belterra is not the room you get, we got a double room instead and when I asked the front desk about this I was told it doesnt matter what you reserve, they over book and you get whats available when you arrive. I called again today to speak to a manager and was told the same thing. So I guess customer satisfaction is not on their list on the hotel side. Now the rest of the resort was great, food was excellant and facility was very clean.

Room Tip: who knows because you dont get the room you reserve
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I love our getaways to Belterra even though we live just 45 minutes away. We like to go for 2 nights at a time so we can get into relaxation mode longer rather than just overnight. My husband and I play in the poker tournaments when we can so our preference is to check in on Wednesday evening and leave Friday. Valet is normally quick & friendly as is the check-in. The rooms are always clean and very comfortable. I know there has been some updating recently but I don't know if it has been completed or not. I think the addition of the chaise is a good idea. When there has been a problem in the past, the front desk and/or maintenance have been quick to respond and fix problems as needed. The Stadium Club is over-priced (especially after not winning in the casino) but I'd recommend the pizza which was very good. Even the deli on the boat has a nice selection of menu items (also a little pricey) to help ward off your growling tummy. As for the buffet, I personally think it was better before it was "improved". Foods that should be served hot are barely warm; portions are smaller; taste has not improved. As for the price.... definitely NOT worth it. I think Golden Corral feeds me better and for less. One thing I'd definitely change would be to offer the WIFI to your hotel guests at no charge.... $10 per 24 hours is WAY too high. Sometimes, I think Belterra forgets that they are NOT a destination spot on the Vegas strip.

Room Tip: I would ask for the "original" tower because they have the Jacuzzi tubs. We get a smoking...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Belterra77, Public Relations Manager at Belterra Casino Resort, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Hi Roxie,

Thanks so much for your review! We've passed your comments along to our leadership team as well. We understand the comments about wi-fi especially and have heard this from a number of guests. Currently the additional fee for wi-fi allows us to not charge a resort fee for those guests who do not wish to use the service. We're always looking for ways to improve our experience though! We hope to see you again soon!
Greenville, Ohio
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Went here for a weekend with my husband just to relax, not for gambling. I think this place was designed for the avid gambler with the rest of the facilities as an afterthought. I travel to 4 and 5 star resorts in the Caribbean & Mexico often and am accustomed to the concept of service. Unfortunately, after staying here I think service is the key factor that is missing. But first, I'll try to find a few positives.

Pros:
-rooms are decently decorated & seem pretty clean
-in-room shampoo, conditioner, body wash & lotion are better than what you'd expect at a hotel in rural Indiana
-our nonsmoking room didn't smell of smoke, nor did the lobby or restaurants
-breakfast buffet was better than expected

Cons:
-long wait at check-in as there was one person working at the check-in desk on a Friday night
-during check-in, after keys were given to room, there was no offer to tell us how to find our room, we had to ask
-no luggage carts to find for self-service or bellmen available to assist with bags
-signage to get to the check-in desk is poor, unless you come in the main entrance
-couldn't get hot water to take a shower in the evening
-in-room coffee is disgusting. If you require coffee first thing in the am, bring your own or else go downstairs for Starbucks
-the website makes it seem as though internet access is included since it is listed as an in-room amenity. It is actually $10 per day for wired internet access. Since you are in the middle of nowhere, getting cell service or 4G/3G is going to be tough so if you need to connect, you need to pay.
-smoke bombards you immediately when entering the casino. Apparently there are nonsmoking areas of the casino but you would need to wander through the smoke in hopes of finding them.
-our room had a large burn in the carpet from someone dropping an iron
-the in-room safe did not function

Biggest con of all for me:
The spa was an absolute JOKE. This was the biggest disappointment for me as it was one of the main reasons we went. I think that whoever designed this spa has never actually been to a decent resort spa. I really cannot think of a single positive thing to say about the spa. I had a 50 min prenatal massage ($95), express facial ($60) & pedicure ($65). They have prices to reflect that you should expect to have a quality spa experience in my opinion. If the prices were about half of what they were, I would have expected what I received.

Check in at the spa began with the standard spa paperwork about health conditions. Then I was told to go into the locker room to change into my robe, and the spa employee showed me how to work the lock and said that she hoped I could find a locker available with a clean robe since they were quite busy. Luckily, I did. I began getting undressed and then a spa employee comes into the locker room to say that I forgot to fill out the backside of spa form. Had she came in 10 seconds later, I would have been totally naked. I have NO idea why she needed to invade my privacy and couldn't have waited until I was changed and then asked me to fill it out since the waiting area after you change into your robe was directly in front of the check-in desk. So anyway, I change and then go sit in the spa lobby, totally naked except for the robe while other men & women come in to use the gym & check into the spa.

My massage was first and it was down a hallway and it felt as though this maybe used to be a standard hotel hallway that was converted to a spa area. It was bizarre. The massage was decent, not the best I've ever had but not the worst either. My facial was next and call me crazy, but I figured I would probably have it in the same room since that's what many spas do to enhance the customer experience. Nope, definitely not. Go back down the same hallway, through the spa lobby and back to the locker room, which is full of really loud women shouting to one another to have a conversation above the hot tub jets. Beyond the rude clientele who have apparently no clue about how to behave in a spa, the locker room was nothing that you would expect in a true spa. Harsh lighting, no aromatherapy, no music, no added toiletries like you'd find in most spa locker rooms. There was absolutely NO area to relax at this spa & that would be its main problem. Nobody ever offered me a bottle of water (you have to ask for it), they didn't have any hot tea to offer you or fruit-infused water or anything you would expect to find at a spa for relaxation.

Anyway, for my facial I was told to walk back through the locker room to the other side and then wait in the chairs. So I sit there and wait for a few minutes in this room which was really quite cold for someone to sit there in a robe. The facial was actually pretty nice. Then I was offered the option to change back to my clothes or stay in my robe for the pedicure. I didn't really want to freeze during the pedicure so I put my clothes back on then went for the pedicure. It was like I was in a dumpy small town salon at this point as there were random personal belongings of the staff laying around, Green Day playing over head and I had the pleasure of listening to the staff gossip, make plans to go out drinking that evening and complain about not having a day off for the past two weeks. So much for relaxing!! Again, had I paid about half the price I probably would have expected this.

Bottom line: we will NEVER return to this property and if you are not going here for the sole purpose of gambling, you should probably consider going somewhere else instead.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else instead.
3 Thank BeachBumCarey
Hello and thank you for your visit to Belterra! We are sorry to see that your experience wasn't perfect, especially since we pride ourselves on providing best in market amenities to our guests. We would very much like to follow up with you regarding your stay and make the situation right. Please Email us directly at snewsome@belterracasino.com at your convenience. Again, thank you for staying at Belterra!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Hampton Inn Dry Ridge
Ramada Sparta/At Speedway
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg

Been to Belterra Casino Resort? Share your experiences!