“Beautiful!”

Belterra Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This casino was very beautiful. The gaming options were small but we still had a great time. The buffet was amazing and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were very spacious and an amazing bathroom! I will definitely stay with the Belterra again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We decided to get away for a long weekend and the only place with favorable weather this weekend was southern Indiana. Did much research on where to stay. Wanted to golf and have something else to do. Decided in this resort. Fantastic time. Golf in April was a great time. Course was in beautiful condition, although it snowed only nights before. Rooms were great. The casino was friendly and accommodating. Great restaurants on sight to choose from. Went to Louisville the next day to Churchill Downs for something else to do. Only a drive away. Overall would recommend for a short stay away!!!! Staff very friendly. Clean!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were traveling to Nashville and needed a place to stop for the night. Saw the advertisements for it along the way but thought it might be pricey. Much to our surprise it was only $79 a night! We had a beautiful room, which I think may have been recently renovated. They supplied a wheelchair for my 94 year old mom which worked out perfect because the place was so large she would have never been able to walk it. We ate in the Stadium restaurant and the food was great..large portions and reasonable. Spent some time (and very little money...lol) in the casino. There were a few cute stores in the lobby area and our only disappointment was that they closed before we could go shopping. While this was about 5 miles off the highway it was definitely worth it and it will be our stopping spot for other travels to Nashville.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room closer to elevators if you don't want to walk far to get back an...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank likesnicethgs
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here because we were attending a wedding in the area. It was very nice. We were able to get an early check-in so we could get to the wedding. The room was large and had a jacuzzi tub and a small tv in the bathroom. I liked that so I could watch the news in the morning.. The bed was comfortable. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The property was nice but the room could have stood a deep clean (dust bunnies hanging from the lights) and the front desk was friendly and did give us a free upgrade. Buffet was tasty. The casino was actually boring. Didn't have enough variety. But the one thing that bothered me that would keep me from ever going back was there was no cell service so when we inquired about wi-fi we were informed it was $10 a day. Really! You can get free wi-fi at fast food joints, campgrounds and even interstate rest area's now. I guess because they have no competition they can charge for whatever they want. It was cheap enough they should just build the wi-fi into the daily room rate and say it is free.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel was beautiful, the entire staff fantastic, I did not want for anything. One staff member saw me limping around and pulled up with a wheelchair. The casino is a boat, but you would never know it. You do not go outside to enter it. The bathroom had a garden jet tub and a stand alone walk in shower as well as a flat screen TV and even a phone. The entire place was heavenly. Now the negatives - if you mapquest this site and they put you on W56 - tear it up! I was lost in the hills, pitch black, dirt road, foggy, insanely scary! I had On-Star on the car phone and my son on my cell, which had poor reception. When I checked out a few days later and turned left, there was the expressway. If I had known I would have stayed days longer. Just check the route you want to take to get there.
One blackjack dealer actually ASKED people at the table for tips, she was serious. Because of that she got none and everyone very shortly got up and left. Shame, because the Belterra was A1 in every other respect. Right on the Indiana/Kentucky border.

Room Tip: Internet is available for $10 a day. There is also a golf course there, steak house, Stadium Bar and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We are from Florida and several times a year we visit our northern family and friends. We always try to include Belterra as one of our places to stay during our trips. This trip we brought our son and his fiancée and also invited friends from Ohio to join us at Belterra. It was their first visit to Belterra and all were impressed. It was a nice home base for attending Cincinnati Reds games, a 40 min drive. We enjoyed a meal at the new Stadium Restaurant and despite several power outages during our meal! Food was great! All 3 rooms were on the 12th floor with a beautiful view of the Ohio River and golf course. Staff was extremely friendly, and special thanks to the assistant manager, Bradley Mefford for taking the time to help me print my Reds tickets. My only suggestion that would improve the resort is to clean up the parking garage and its entrance. This is often the first impression people get and it was pretty nasty this visit. It would be nice if people would use the trash receptacles! All in all, great visit and we will be back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Sunrise Inn
Ramada Sparta/At Speedway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge

Been to Belterra Casino Resort? Share your experiences!