“Lovely Casino Resort”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Poplar Grove, Illinois
“Lovely Casino Resort”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Beautiful Resort in a very scenic area. We were going to the Kentucky Derby & it was a great base for us. We were there in no time! Our room was lovely. They have a gorgeous lobby & nice resteraunts. We enjoyed the Sports Bar for a late dinner,& had the Buffet the next night. We are Gamblers,so,of course,we enjoyed the Casino!

Room Tip: We always request a high floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice big hotel, The room had a big bathroom area, was clean, surprised there wasn't a frig in the room, the room looked over the parking garage. I don't know if there was an easier way to get to the pool or not, but it was completely out of the way to get to. Check-in was a breeze and plenty of parking in the main lot upon arrival. It seemed the a/c had to either be ice or heat.

Take what you need or be ready to pay out the @ss for it. Bottled water (16oz) $2.50 in the room, gift shops way over priced.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
cookeville
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had not been to Belterra in almost 2 years, but had a casino host contact us so decided to give it a try again. The hotel has been redone since we were last there. We went on a Wednesday night, so had asked for an upgrade to a suite and got it. It was beautiful and clean and glad to see they updated their TV's to flat screens. Ate at the buffet and still had the same food as last time. Not a fan of the "different" types of ice cream - just old fashion vanilla and chocolate will do for me! Did not eat at the new restaurant right before the buffet - I think called the Stadium - but it looked beautiful and the food in there looked fantastic. Will definitely try that if we go back. Lost at the casino - newer machines but casino itself is so low ceilings and smokey - not sure they can ever change that because of still being a "boat" style. Machines seemed very tight but was there on a Wednesday evening and they were not doing any giveaways so maybe was not the best time to go. If in the area will probably visit again although I like the "newer" style casinos like seem like Vegas better but cannot beat the hotel for a stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank buckeyeCookeville
Bellevue, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I'm not a fan of Casinos, now with that being said, I highly recommend Belterra! My boyfriend was on an overnight golf trip (at a different golf course) and talked me into coming down for the night, I was very reluctant. When I pulled into the valet the genuine friendliness of the staff started. Literally everyone was so unbelievably friendly!! The staff went above and beyond to help with my bags and get settled while I waited for my better half to arrive. I cannot say enough to express how nice these people were. I even had a great time in the casino turning the 20 dollars that I brought to gamble with -- into 85!! (I know, but remember I'm not a gambler). The guests were fun, the room was very clean, staff was awesome and I'm truly looking forward to going back. Amy O

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amy O
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Little off the main business routes but excellent rooms at a good price. Golf course and of course a gambling resort if you like that kind of thing. In short excellent rooms subsidised by the gamblers!

• Stayed May 2014
Harrison, Ohio
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband surprised me for my B day! Belterra has always been my favorite casino. We have stayed overnight 2 or 3 times a yr. I had a wonderful massage in the spa. Dinner in the new restaurant 19. Dinner was outstanding and they presented me with a giant birthday cake!! The rm was very comfortable as usual and very clean and up to date. All the staff from check in, casino, valet parking, were friendly and helpful. Our server in 19 was the best! Thanks Belterra for helping make my birthday so special!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This casino was very beautiful. The gaming options were small but we still had a great time. The buffet was amazing and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were very spacious and an amazing bathroom! I will definitely stay with the Belterra again.

• Stayed February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Sunrise Inn
Ramada Sparta/At Speedway
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg

Been to Belterra Casino Resort? Share your experiences!