“Good value for a one-night stop-over”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Markham, Canada
“Good value for a one-night stop-over”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

One night stay in the middle of a long road trip. Front desk staff were excellent - very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Newer property - attractive and clean. My two boys enjoyed the pool - it's not very big, but it was enough to let them burn off some energy after a full day in the van. Close to lots of restaurants for dinner. Great to have breakfast included - we appreciated not having to pay for yet another meal on the road. Would stay there again for our next family trip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Gregory Y, Sales Manager/ Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind the next time you pass through Fort Wayne!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Stayed here to visit the Children's zoo in Ft. Wayne. The staff was very nice and helpful, the room was clean and the price was right! I was looking for a room at the last minute and found a coupon on the Ft. Wayne visitors website. When I arrived - it was late - the front desk staff was quick and efficient without seeming distant. The desk clerk was cheerful and I even thought to myself that they must do very good training to have staff that have positive attitude without seeming fake or put on.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Gregory Y, Sales Manager/Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
We're happy to hear you had a good time at our hotel and the zoo in Fort Wayne! We do take pride in having friendly, down to earth, and courteous staff. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the service and I can assure you that your words have been passed on to the staff.
LaPorte, Indiana
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night for a volleyball tournament. We had a team staying with 9 rooms booked. We had to get up very early for the tournament. There was a loud group of Vera Bradley people staying there also. We got stuck in a room next to a "party room" that we later experienced an extremely loud snoring woman. OMG! We could hear her through the walls. It was 2 am before my daughter could sleep. We even turned the tv on low to drown out this woman. This woman needs medical help.
The hotel staff was willing to move us and give us ear plugs. They also adjusted our rate when we left. This was not the fault of the hotel. All other teammates had no problems sleeping, they were on the other end of the hotel!
The hotel staff was extremely helpful in every way. The rooms were neat and clean. The breakfast was hot and typical. The oatmeal was not in packets which was nice and the orange juice tasted fresh squeezed!!
There was plenty of parking.
It was hard to find the entry street into this hotel. Maybe signage by the street would have helped me. I called and the staff gave me great directions and stayed on the phone until I pulled up!

Room Tip: Don't book a room by the elevator, stairwell or laundry room. Also ask if a grouping of people...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that overall you were very happy with the quality of your stay in April. We are sorry to hear about snoring issues. I can tell you that when possible, we do our best to ensure that guests are spaced out so that most have empty rooms in between them. Unfortunately, this was a higher occupancy weekend and that was not possible. On your next visit, feel free to ask for a corner room if available. This will ensure that you will have no more than one occupied room next to you.

Thank you for the complements on our staff and breakfast. They are greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again next year if not sooner!
ohio
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My daughter and I stayed here during the week to attend the vera bradley sale. I am not a fan of fairfield inn's but thought this one looked like the newer ones. It wasn't bad. The front desk staff wasn't very knowledgable. We wanted to sit in the hot tub, and it was broken. The room was the same as it is in every newer FI and S. Our breakfast in the morning was so so. No great surprise and most of the items were about gone (we got there with about an hour left.)
I would probably not stay here again if I were to attend the sale. However, it is about 5 minutes away and would be nice to just spend the night before the sale. I wouldn't choose this for my family or get away!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
We are sorry to hear that your stay in April was less than exceptional. Service and friendliness are stressed daily to every department within our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will continue to educate our staff on the local area and events.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss what we can do to ensure you give us a second chance next year. We appreciate your business and hope to hear from you.
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 16 February 2013

This Fairfield Inn is decorated in bright colors with multi colored patterns. The rooms are very small by Marriott standards but still comfortable. Breakfast is included and there is a Pool. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Gregory Y, Sales Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your input. We hope to see you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I have pretty much shied away from Fairfield hotels. Always viewed them as the Motel 6 of Marriott. BUT - a cousin suggested staying here commenting on their modern decor pictures from the website and took her up on her suggestion. I was thoroughly impressed. Motel 6 this was NOT. The hotel was so nicely decorated and clean. The service was TOP notch!!!! It's hard to provide enough accolades for the service. My family ended up having Black Friday Thanksgiving meal with the extended family (all were staying at the hotel) in the common area where free breakfast is served. The front desk attendant was so attentive to helping us make our holiday special. It was so nice to get together with all of the family and the atmosphere made it that much more special as well. This hotel will always have a special place in my heart and I won't have to scope out hotels when I'm in the area - I already have my home away from home.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tiffany H
Gregory Y, Sales Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
We can't thank you enough for your heartfelt review. We receive many great reviews but those such as yours are why we love providing the service that we do. I can say from personal experience that I know how it is to have great family memories at a hotel that I will never forget.

The Fairfield Inn & Suites brand is oriented towards the limited service traveller. While we may not offer all of the amenities you would receive at a full-service Marriott, our service will always reflect the standards you've come to expect at all Marriott properties. With complimentary hot breakfast, complimentary internet, an indoor pool and spa, and free passes to an amazing local gym, our value truly cannot be beat.

Once again, thank you for the review and we hope you will choose us again next holiday season!
Indiana
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel over labor day weekend. We just wanted something fun to do for the kids as a last summer tribute. :) This is avery nice hotel. It is very clean, the pool was nice, and the staff was very friendly. It is very close to a lot of attractions....Putt Putt Golf and Games (also has go karts), lots of restaurants, movie theater, zoo, malls, etc. The free breakfast in the morning was pretty good as well. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your review! We do find that guests enjoy our short distance from most popular Fort Wayne attractions. For it's size, Fort Wayne is a very easy city to travel through and around. If we don't see you again soon, we hope you'll make it again next Labor Day!