“Very nice.”

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
NW Indiana
“Very nice.”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were in town for the Color Me Rad 5K. The place was clean and modern. It is in a good location for basic shopping and dining. The staff was very friendly and greeted you upon seeing you. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms were clean. If I go to Fort Wayne again, I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank signalten
Gregory Y, Sales Manager / Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for the kind review. We hope you had a great time at the Color Me Rad 5K. I was there myself and enjoyed it much! Please keep us in mind if you come back for the event next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ontario
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This Fairfield Inn served as a one-night stop for my family during a recent road trip. It is what I have come to expect from a Fairfield: more basic amenities but clean and comfortable.The larger sized bathroom was a nice touch. The breakfast area was very busy and items ran low quickly, but the attendant would get right on anything that needed replenishing if you made her aware and was very polite and helpful. In fact, all of the staff at the hotel were very polite and helpful and it was truly a bonus to our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PTWife
Gregory Y, Sales Manager/ Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We hope you had an enjoyable road trip and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I've passed your kind words on to our breakfast attendants and the rest of the staff. If there is anyone in particular that exceeded expecations, please let us know. We'd like to personally recognize them. Thanks again and we hope you'll stop by again on your next trip though Indiana!
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2013

One night stay to visit Fort Wayne, The hotel was very difficult to find. Some small signs near the entrances would help. It is hidden behind another hotel. The staff were excellent and the room exceptionally clean. The room was smaller than most Fairfields but big enough for a short stay. Would stay here again. Close to restaurants. Tired of Hotel Breakfast opted for a nearby restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Gregory Y, Sales Manager/ Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for your review. We do instruct our staff to give detailed directions to the hotel when making reservations over the phone. Please accept my apologies if we did not clarify this enough for you. We have expanded our hot breakfast options recently so we hope that your choice to leave for breakfast was simply for variety. We do appreciate any input you may have regarding our breakfast. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff and the rest of your stay. If there were any members of our staff that were particularly helpful, we would love to hear from you. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again!
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2013

One night stay in the middle of a long road trip. Front desk staff were excellent - very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Newer property - attractive and clean. My two boys enjoyed the pool - it's not very big, but it was enough to let them burn off some energy after a full day in the van. Close to lots of restaurants for dinner. Great to have breakfast included - we appreciated not having to pay for yet another meal on the road. Would stay there again for our next family trip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind the next time you pass through Fort Wayne!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Stayed here to visit the Children's zoo in Ft. Wayne. The staff was very nice and helpful, the room was clean and the price was right! I was looking for a room at the last minute and found a coupon on the Ft. Wayne visitors website. When I arrived - it was late - the front desk staff was quick and efficient without seeming distant. The desk clerk was cheerful and I even thought to myself that they must do very good training to have staff that have positive attitude without seeming fake or put on.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Gregory Y, Sales Manager/Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
We're happy to hear you had a good time at our hotel and the zoo in Fort Wayne! We do take pride in having friendly, down to earth, and courteous staff. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the service and I can assure you that your words have been passed on to the staff.
LaPorte, Indiana
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night for a volleyball tournament. We had a team staying with 9 rooms booked. We had to get up very early for the tournament. There was a loud group of Vera Bradley people staying there also. We got stuck in a room next to a "party room" that we later experienced an extremely loud snoring woman. OMG! We could hear her through the walls. It was 2 am before my daughter could sleep. We even turned the tv on low to drown out this woman. This woman needs medical help.
The hotel staff was willing to move us and give us ear plugs. They also adjusted our rate when we left. This was not the fault of the hotel. All other teammates had no problems sleeping, they were on the other end of the hotel!
The hotel staff was extremely helpful in every way. The rooms were neat and clean. The breakfast was hot and typical. The oatmeal was not in packets which was nice and the orange juice tasted fresh squeezed!!
There was plenty of parking.
It was hard to find the entry street into this hotel. Maybe signage by the street would have helped me. I called and the staff gave me great directions and stayed on the phone until I pulled up!

Room Tip: Don't book a room by the elevator, stairwell or laundry room. Also ask if a grouping of people...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that overall you were very happy with the quality of your stay in April. We are sorry to hear about snoring issues. I can tell you that when possible, we do our best to ensure that guests are spaced out so that most have empty rooms in between them. Unfortunately, this was a higher occupancy weekend and that was not possible. On your next visit, feel free to ask for a corner room if available. This will ensure that you will have no more than one occupied room next to you.

Thank you for the complements on our staff and breakfast. They are greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again next year if not sooner!
ohio
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My daughter and I stayed here during the week to attend the vera bradley sale. I am not a fan of fairfield inn's but thought this one looked like the newer ones. It wasn't bad. The front desk staff wasn't very knowledgable. We wanted to sit in the hot tub, and it was broken. The room was the same as it is in every newer FI and S. Our breakfast in the morning was so so. No great surprise and most of the items were about gone (we got there with about an hour left.)
I would probably not stay here again if I were to attend the sale. However, it is about 5 minutes away and would be nice to just spend the night before the sale. I wouldn't choose this for my family or get away!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
We are sorry to hear that your stay in April was less than exceptional. Service and friendliness are stressed daily to every department within our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will continue to educate our staff on the local area and events.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss what we can do to ensure you give us a second chance next year. We appreciate your business and hope to hear from you.