“Over-rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of BakerStreet

BakerStreet
Reserve with OpenTable
BakerStreet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 646 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fairington Dr.
Description: BakerStreet is a locally owned establishment that prides itself on personalized service. An upscale, elegant decor complements the polished, casual attitude. Steaks are the specialty at BakerStreet. Whether traditional and classic, or edgy and gourmet, all the bases are covered. Fresh seafood features are added weekly to the favorites on the menu. Even the vegetarian will find something special at BakerStreet. Chef Kyle's dessert offerings will bring the perfect finish to your dining experience. BakerStreet offers a diverse wine list, with many half bottles and “by the glass” options, and an extensive craft beer list! Come in and enjoy! Don’t forget to ask about the private party rooms.
Ontario
“Over-rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Ordered a slider recently at "Taste of the Arts" in downtown Ft. Wayne. Although I attended right after it opened, the burger was lukewarm and RAW inside. I don't mind medium rare, but this didn't even come close, and it was $5 (which at least went to a good cause). Ugh. We would never frequent the restaurant after this; your establishment seems to offer a veneer of sophistication over sub-standard food.

I didn't give it one star because there's possibility the food in-house is of better quality, but if this "Taste" was any indication, I wouldn't waste my $$.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank KatyOhH

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
“A meal that was truly an experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were blessed by our friends to come to Baker Street for our 40th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago. The atmosphere was great. The service very attentive. Our food was the top notch. I told our friends one often eats because one is hungry or needs to eat. However then there are times when a meal is truly an experience. That is what our meal at Baker Street was that evening.

1 Thank Wendy G
Victoria
“Very Good Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is a lovely place with an elegant ambiance and friendly staff. They have an amazing wine selection. I ordered the Bruschetta for the appetizer that was outstanding. The French Onion soup was tangy and amazing. This was followed by Greek Salad with delicious olives and and wonderful feta cheese. They served tasty, warm and soft breads with the salad.

The main course was the Al Fresco Fettuccine with the noodles tossed in a creamy pesto sauce and crunchy asparagus sprinkled with tasty goat cheese. I had their signature “Kiss Good Bye” dessert which was a delicious chocolate cake with mouthwatering raspberry sauce topped with whipped cream. Great food accompanied by an impressive and warm service. A haven for food lovers in Fort Wayne.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Colleen C
Andrews, IN
“Pricey but Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Some friends of ours have raved about this place for a long time so my wife and I decided to join them for a meal last night. We arrived a little early for our reservation but were seated immediately which I really appreciated. The waiter was at our table instantly to begin the service for our meal. He explained the daily selections and answered all of our questions concerning the menu. One of the daily appetizers caught my attention. I love oysters but will seldom eat them inland because normally they are not good off the coast. With caution thrown aside, I order six raw and seven fried oysters. What a surprise, the raw were plumb and tasteful, no grit at all and the fried were in a light batter with a great taste. My meal order included lobster bisque which was outstanding, the daily special strip steak covered in a peppercorn sauce with bacon wrapped asparagus, a red potato cheese cake and a side order of five cheese macaroni baked with bacon. What a meal!!! My wife and friend had the beef tips while my other friend had salmon. All stated that the meals with their salads were excellent. For desert, we had something called a kiss goodbye which was a non-flour chocolate cake that I thought was similar to cheese cake and was very delicious. With tip my wife and I spent $109 for the evening but will likely return for special events or just when we are in the mood for very good food.

1 Thank William J
“Quality Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Recommend to try and glad we did. Heather was awesome and very attentive, thank you.
Everything was great, the food was timed prefect, flavorful and beautiful. There was literally something on the menu for anyone.
Special occasion, celebration, business or with special group of friends will love Baker Street.
I would recommend you make a reservation.