“Wonderful hit and a few misses”
Review of Proximo

Proximo
Reserve with OpenTable
Proximo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #220 of 709 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Columbian Ceviche was a wonderful hit, very delicious. The Pato Con Molle was just okay. My husband had the chicken tortilla soup and replied it's okay, was hoping for something more with a Latin kick to it.

They are definitely in need of salting the food. Given they were only open five days when we went, I would go back for that Ceviche.

It is pricey.

We had great service.

1  Thank TDK1009

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I tried the Carnitas - a play on eggs Benedict - I would not recommend them. My wife had the ancho pancakes which were ok. If I came again, I would stick with the Breakfast tacos. Beautiful restaurant and great location. I was hoping t would be better.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a wonderful evening meal my wife, daughter and son-in-law had last week at Proximo. Each of us ordered different appetizers, salads/Ceviche's, main courses and desserts, and found excellent choices in everyone of the combined 16 dishes. The upscale Latin offerings are something not to be found elsewhere in town, and are more reminiscent of Chicago or Miami.
As for me, I had the Guacamole with toast points, fried tortillas and plantain chips as a starter. The Guac had just the right amount of chunk to give it both the taste and texture I enjoy. The plantain chips were a nice addition to the serving.
For my "salad" I instead had Ecuadorian Ceviche. Ceviche's I have had in the past were shrimp based (they also have one of these in coconut milk) but this one was dozens of bay scallops in a sweet Pico de Gallo with Cumin spiced Corn Tortillas on the side.
For a main dish I chose a duck offering, one of my favorite meat choices but one I rarely get. It was their Pato Con Mole which consisted of Seared Duck Brest, Grilled Squash, Mole Nego and a Braised Duck Leg Enchilada. The manager, who checked on us several times was concerned the Braised Duck might not be finished to my liking, but as I prefer it slightly rare, it tasted excellent to me.
We did an "all-taste" on the deserts as couldn't come up with just one each we wanted to try. I ordered the Arroz Con Leche which was Horachata Rice Pudding with Rum Spiked Mangos ontop. Wow, was it a winner. The others ordered Passion Fruit Flan, the Hibiscus Lemon Tart and melt in your mouth Churros. All of which I got a nibble of. Congratulations to the Baker Street/Hoppy Gnome folks on the city's new home-run.

2  Thank RanPat
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I really wanted to like the place and have been waiting for it to open.
Unfortunately they missed the mark for us.
The menu sounds delicious. If it was done right it would have been amazing.
The value for the quality and quantity was not there.
It’s billed as a new higher end Latin place and that’s something that really peaks my interest.
It has been open one week, they have been privately opened prior to the opening.
We sat down immediately but waited nearly an hour for our meals.
Both of my dishes had to be sent back.
When I finally did receive my meal and I could not eat it, I was disappointed and flustered and we left to have a sandwich down the street.
The manager was apologetic and did suggest we come again after they work some bugs out and give them a second chance, that made no sense but ok.
The young man that dropped off my salad, served it in hot bowl, missed we didn’t have silver ware and was gone before I could ask for some.
Our server was very nice and friendly but missed some key things like for instance silver ware, offering sugar for our teas and side plates.
In her defense she noticed it next time she came to the table and apologized. Her clue was that I hadn’t touched my salad.
The green chili Ceasar salad.
Replacing the croutons for dried Platóns chips did nothing and that’s really the only thing I could see or taste.
The Fideo dish Finally came out in a hot skillet on a plate. It looked and tasted like left overs to be honest. Maybe that was from sitting under a warmer to long that it dried out all of the sauce and gave it that flavor. The pasta on the bottom was a totally different experience. There was about 10 small clams scattered on the top of the pasta and a few of the clams were not even opened.
The Salmon salad dish was served in a bowl and was about the size of a side salad somewhere else.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is the best full breakfast option available anywhere in Fort Wayne. They have a variety of options ranging from $4 or so up to $15+ for a more elaborate breakfast.

The menu is similar in scale and scope to a nice hotel breakfast, but the quality is more akin to Hoppy Gnome (with whom this restaurant shares ownership).

Any hotel guest at the downtown Hilton or Marriott should consider the 1-2 block walk. Business employees should also take a look because they are open at 6am daily.

They also serve an outstanding dinner - my wife seemed to like it more than our initial visits to Junk Ditch or Tolon.