“Short but nice stay at FW Courtyard Marriott”

Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Spent one night at the new Courtyard Marriott downtown FW next to baseball stadium and Grand Wayne Center.
We checked in late, around midnight. Parking is next door in parking garage. You have to go in and get a key card from the reservation desk and then you can enter garage.

I requested a room with 2 beds and feather pillows. The room was very clean. There were at least 5 pillows on the bed! Very comfortable bed. Room didn't feel too cramped. Bathroom was nice - not too small. The toiletries were average and no shower gel, I like shower gel instead of soap for showering. That would have been nice.

Room Tip: we were on the 5th floor, very quiet...don't remember hearing any hall noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you for your review! We look forward to seeing you again. For future visits, we have an area directly in front of the hotel in which you can briefly park, check in (and receive the key to the garage) which will make the arrival process very smooth. We're thrilled you enjoyed the comfort of the bed and room and appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to review the hotel.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

I stayed at the courtyard on a business trip and loved it. We couldn't get into the Hilton across the street and am so glad we didn't. The Hilton is under some renovation and the embassy suites next door looks very dated. Here the rooms are beautiful, beds are comfy, and the bathrooms are great- glass doored showers which have a spa look. The price was right, too!

• Stayed: November 2011
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

We are thrilled you had the opportunity to experience our hotel! Thank you for the remarkable review. We are very fortunate to have such a beautiful building and wonderful staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

As a frequent guest I was surprised last visit by unruly guests in the room above me - it took three calls and over an hour to get it to subside. Nothing was offered in the way of compensation. My folio was incorrect and I was charged $5 extra per night of a ten night stay. This was corrected. I called today to make another reservation - I CALLED the hotel direct - instead of helping a frequent customer - the transferred me to global reservations who reserved my room in a courtyard 25 minutes away! And much older, mustier, has less comfortable beds NO restaurant and is near a very noisy freeway. Marriott has lost a customer.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton across the street
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to exceed every guest expectation at every opportunity and clearly we fell short on this visit. If your travels bring you to the Fort Wayne area again, please contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to assist you personally in any way possible.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

As a frequent visitor (several times a year) to Fort Wayne, this was my first stay at this Marriott, and what a delight! The staff are courteous and friendly, the rooms are immaculate and the prices are very reasonable. The onsite restaurant and bar serve delicious food and provide room service and the Bistro serves breakfast and other light meals and drinks at various times during the day.

I booked a two room suite which was amazingly roomy, but for my purposes I would book a king room as they are very spaceous as well. Pool, fitness center and computers in the lobby make this a must stay hotel.

A call ahead or call at the baggage claim phone at the airport gets a complimentary shuttle ride to the hotel. Fort Wayne is a up and coming town with lots of things to do and see.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the Tin Caps baseball stadium.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel. It always makes my day to know that one of my guests have felt so home away from home. We're glad you had the opportunity to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service from the airport. Thank you again and we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2011

I was in town to attend a conference that was at the adjacent Grand Wayne Center, and chose the Courtyard for convenience. I travel for work quite often, but typically stay with other chains out of habit. The front desk staff was very accommodating. On the day of my arrival, I was able to check in at 1:30pm, and even though my reservation had been made by a co-worker that was not with me, I had no trouble switching it over (which has not always been the case in my experiences). As another reviewer noted, there is no room service, but Champs (the sports bar downstairs) has good food and will deliver to your room. Shower is huge, with glass doors instead of curtains, room is modern and well decorated, and the desk is large with lots of outlets, and even a pull out for extra desktop space. Yes, there is a bit of street noise, but pretty avg. for a downtown hotel. Wifi is good, with no annoying passwords. Had a great view of the ballfield, which was an unexpected bonus. Don't hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for marketing our hotel so well! I'm thrilled to hear you had such a great experience. I know many people view your review and I sure appreciate you taking the time. I'm even more excited you chose to stay with Marriott as I understand your selection is not always that way. We look forward to a return visit soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

Was SHOCKED how nice this property is and what a charming city Fort Wayne, Indiana is as well!! Pleasantly surprised! When I got the invitation that the reunion was in Fort Wayne, IN, I started condemning it sight unseen. Got to this hotel, and it was FABULOUS! I've stayed in
5 star resorts in large cities that didn't have this charm, the newness, and the revitilization of the area was wonderful!!
The hotel is new or refurbished, rooms and common areas are beautiful, the staff is wonderful, and the beds are the best I've slept in!! The sports bar in the lobby was fun as well, and food was great for a sports bar!
The parking was next door and was clean and safe feeling. There were weddings going on everywhere which added a nice charm to the weekend.
Do not hesitate to stay in this hotel or to visit Fort Wayne, Indiana. I'm making the trip back soon to explore the Botanical Gardens, the Zoo, and a great used book store!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your words. We're so glad you were able to enjoy your reunion in our amazing little city. Fort Wayne truly is a hidden gem and the downtown area works very hard to achieve this great view of it. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2011

I was in town to attend a Fort Wayne Tincaps minor league baseball game. This property is fantastic - well decorated and large, comfortable lobby area where you can get breakfast (I did not as the game went late and I slept in a bit), extremely clean, and a first-class staff. There is an adjacent parking garage which is quite convenient - $7.00 per night which seemed reasonable to me for a downtown hotel - or you could park free at a meter on the street from 5PM to 8AM weekdays and I presume all day on weekends though I did not check that out. The room I had enjoyed a view of a portion of the ballpark (Parkview Field - a top-notch operation in all respects) and surrounding plaza. The room was perfect - well decoratied, quiet and again extremely clean, with very comfortable beds and chair, great flatscreen TV, good sized bathroom with a large shower (no tub, which was fine with me). Front desk staff is efficient, friendly and very helpful - allowed me to push the noon check-out time a few minutes so I could have lunch at the on-site restuarant/bar, Champions, a sports-themed facility with very good food and service and multiple TVs. I would not hesitate to stay at this property again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

traveltilyoucant, Thank you very much for the thorough review of the hotel. Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations on every stay and I'm very excited we were able to do that on your visit. I couldn't write a better one and we appreciate you taking the time to do so. Thanks again and happy travels!