“Nice Unplanned Surprise”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Chappell's Steak and Seafood specializes in serving a wide variety of steaks and seafood dishes in a comfortable and casual dining environment. The establishment also boasts one of Fort Wayne's most handsome vintage bars along with a decor featuring Sailfish and aquariums. Chappell's is open for lunch and dinner and offers selections of steak, chicken, and pasta along with its fresh seafood. Take-out is also available. Visit us today and get the catch of the day....
Michigan Center, Michigan
“Nice Unplanned Surprise”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We visted Ft Wayne for an unplanned weekend away. We found Chappell's via an APP on my I-Phone and took a chance without even checking reviews. Wow ... nice surprise! The food was wonderful. There were interesting choices that were well presented. The sides (veggies and potatoes) were really great and nicely seasoned ... a step above the usual. Don't miss the crab coleslaw. It was so good we took some home. The staff and service was over the top amazing. The servers were familiar with the menu items and wine choices. They were professional and friendly. Everyone worked together as a team to make sure customers were happy. We were very pleased and would return again next time in Ft. Wayne.

• Visited December 2013

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I visited Chappell's for lunch. I had a sandwich special of friend chicken sandwich and it was very good. My husband had a fried oyster dinner and he gave me a taste and it was awesome. He said it was the best fried oysters he had ever had from a restaurant. The salad served is a crab coleslaw and it is very tasty and different than any we had eaten before. We definitely will return. We had an excellent server, too.

• Visited November 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hair in food, No accommodation”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to try out Chapells for the first time. The atmosphere was great and the service started out great and helpful. When my salad arrived I notice there was a long hair in it! Ew! So I had the waitress take it back in exchange for a new one. Later when our main course arrived right away we noticed our meat was not fully cooked at all. Once again the waitress took it back to be cooked more. We were very polite to the waitress and she was also. The rest of the food was great. We got the bill but they did NOTHING for the fact there was a HAIR in my FOOD or that our meat wasn't fully cooked. They could of at least took the salad off the bill or something! Never going back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Hatt4433
“Excellent food and staff!!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Have been here several times. The atmosphere is great and the staff is top notch. The food is amazing. I am not a big seafood lover but this is one place I will get fish from. They have several options which are flavored so nicely it takes away from a strong fishy taste. They also have plenty of very fishy options for those who like it!!

• Visited November 2012
Indiana
“Wow! First time but not our last for sure!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Had a wonderful dinner tonight. Huge jumbo shrimp cocktail, merlot(excellent), tilapia with mango sauce, steak, crab coleslaw, creole potatoes, and cheesecake. DH and I enjoyed our meal and could stop talking about how good it had been.

• Visited July 2013