“Better than the Residence for extended stays, Location suspect”

TownePlace Suites Fort Wayne North
Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Decided to try out the TownePlace Suites, I found that I could stay there long term better more so than the Residence Inns. The Room was laid out very nice. The in room kitchen was very nice. The working space was great. I had a great amount of desk space to charge my electronics and work on my laptop. The King Size bed slept great.

The bathroom was nice and I like the room for storage under the sink.

The Gym is very nice and has just about what you need to get the job done!

Cons
- I did experience very low water pressure from the shower head.
- I was in room 329 and while I can't say the noise interrupted my sleep, I did question just how close I was to the freeway, cause I head crazy road noise with the TV off.
- No hot breakfast. While what was there did get me going the 1st night, I preferred to go out the 2nd.

Overall: The TownePlace does out perform it's competition just needs to be in a quieter location while doing so.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Fort Wayne North

Reviewed 20 September 2011

This is a very clean hotel at an outstanding value. The rooms have tons of ammenities. The location and view of the parking lot is a bit underwhelming. Service was friendly. Quiet atmosphere. Only complaint is the comforter on the bed had a faint foot smell. We stayed at three hotels on this vacation and payed three times as much for the other two that didn't even compare. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Russ E
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Pretty much by itself on a new street, it does adjoin properties with an Ice Arena. The people there were nice enough to allow us to park our show rigs in their parking lot for a couple of nights. There was a close by, walking distance, convenience store and gas station and wasn't too far from a Mall. Definitely walking distance there too.
The staff and mgmt was top notch here. The hotel was new and a couple of the door locking systems still needed adjusting but when we reported them to the fron t desk, they were on it immediately.
I had some unruly kids in the room above me and reported it a couple times and the mgmt even went to the room personally to settle things down. The parents had left the kids alone in the room and the mgmt contacted them and the situation was handled.
It was a great relief to see mgmt that was interested in the good of the majority of its guests. This hotel really respected their guests and themselves and run a very nice clean and accomodating hotel. The internet was great and the facilities were all top notch! But most of what i remember was the caring and professional staff that saw to it that your stay here was a good one! I'd do it again at the TownPlace in Ft Wayne!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cliffsiler
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Do not bother to stay anywhere else, This is the top of the heap in Fort Wayne. . Okay, the location is not pretty. This hotel is stuck in the middle of a parking lot, and there is nothing romantic or quirky about its location. But once you walk through the doors into the lobby, you are transported into another world. It feels like a boutique hotel experience at Marriott prices. The room we had was a studio apartment with a king bed. This room came with a complete kitchen! Yet it did not feel like the kitchen intruded into the design of the room; it was integral to its layout. The pillows and sheets were top-notch. And this room was clean. The furnishings looked like the art director from Real Simple Magazine had done the room design. And Quiet. We were on the first floor near the pool and we never heard pool noise. Ever. I have stayed at some really expensive hotels- Ritz Carltons, and Hiltonsm etc- and this hotel is on par with those hotels in the quality of the room furnishings and the well-though out layout of this townesuite. This place was a wonderful respite. I don't know what other Towneplace suites are like in other cities, but for my money if I am ever in Fort Wayne again, I will make sure i stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank TuxieGoldman
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This was one of the nicest TownePlace Suites I've seen. It's new and clean, and offers a lot for the money. The hotel is located north of downtown Fort Wayne, but very close to a lot of suburban places, such as a large mall, ice rink, restaurants, and move theatres. It's such a short distance from the city and airport, but you feel far way, which is relaxing. There is plenty of parking, outdoor tables and chairs, indoor pool, fitness room, free breakfast, and a small convenience counter with drinks, snacks, etc. A few computers are located in the lobby. The front desk staff is very nice, and the gentleman who stocks the breakfast area is extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean, and the rooms are comfortable, sizable, and stylishly decorated. You really can't go wrong for the great rates the hotel offers, especially if you need to be in the Fort Wayne area for a few nights or a week. The wall between my bathroom and neighbor's room must've been thin, or maybe it was the vent, because I heard noise from the other room during the night.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I have stayed at other TownePlace suites so in comparison, the owners scrimped a little on the decor and the breakfast. Bad news, it isn't near much, but good news, it was quiet. The staff could not have been more helpful. They were all friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We had a very large group with us staying at the TownePlace Suites Fort Wane for 6 weeks. Every staff member there made our stay truely feel like a home away from home. They had absolutely incredible customer service, very accommodating to our needs and was genuinely interested in our well-being and making sure we were all taken care of. Our room was very clean and had great amenities. The hotel was also very pet friendly and welcomed and loved having the dogs in our group stay with us. The location of the hotel was ideal, very close to any shopping, dining, grocery and entertainment. I couldn't have asked for a better experience at a hotel, I would recommend this hotel to all and now compare other hotels and their service to the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Fort Wayne- they set the bar, and they set it high! :o)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business