Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
“Nice”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent stay here with baseball team. Spacious with nice front porch sitting area. Staff friendly and very helpful. They went lit of their way to accommodate and take care of all our team. Nice breakfast with different items each day. Very clean and I would recommend. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014
Shaku P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear TJ W ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are very proud to host the various sports teams who come to the area. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our newly revamped breakfast has been quite a hit; I am pleased that you and your team were able to enjoy this as well. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us the next time that you are in the area. Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials and new package offers!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kalamazoo, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was traveling on business recently, booked a room here through Expedia..but Expedia didn't know it... Everything was full but the staff worked the phone late at night until they found me a room. I was fine traveling north to find something but they insisted they would find me a place which was nearly impossible due to the baskettball tourneys. They were so helpful I decided to stay here the following night since I was still in the area. The whole staff was friendly, polite and most helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Shaku P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Mick F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review! I am proud to hear that our staff upheld our high standards of accommodations. It is our honor to go above and beyond expectations to provide superior customer service; and so I am glad we were able to do that for you. Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials and new package offers.

Best Regards,

Ashland, Ohio
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel for the last 4 years 2 to 3 nights a week. The owners of this Hotel are the most considerate people and treat there guess like family. The staff treats the customer with the upmost respect that I have every seen as I have been on the road for the last 8 years. They know me by my first name and if I make a reservation that is incorrect they call to make sure of the dates. The rooms are always clean and fresh I do enjoy staying there. I also suggest that you try the Hotel and make your own evaluation. Thanks for the great times I have had at this Hotel keep up the good standers you have and all who stay will return again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Aubrey E, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 11 November 2014
Dear William L,

Thank you for leaving us such an outstanding review. It has been an honor to have the opportunity to provide you accommodations for the last four years. We truly value our loyal guests and are driven to provide them with superior service. We are so grateful for your kind words and wonderful recommendation. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We hope that business travels will bring you back to the area soon, we are highly anticipating your return!

Flushing, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very nice hotel that is conveniently located. If you are a travel sports team looking to stay there, call ahead to see if you can work out a deal for them to wash team uniforms for a nominal fee. There is only one washer/dryer hook up so this would be a huge perk.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Shaku P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Tom L,

Thank you for your kind review. It was an honor to host you and your team this Summer. I appreciate your suggestions for team laundry service. We are driven to provide superior service and we are always considering new innovative ways to go above and beyond expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again. Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials and new package offers.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Every aspect of the hotel was terribly lacking. First, we found the room for 30.00 less on Priceline. My husband was told it was a mistake. We were also told "tough luck" we couldn't cancel our reservation. We got our room key and walked into the room and the smell that hit us was disgusting. It was a combination of mildew and smoke. As we were putting our stuff away, a woman and her daughter walked into our room. They were given the same room, 5 minutes later. Fast forward to bed time. Our daughter was going to sleep on the pullout. The sheets had obviously not been changed. I went to the front desk for sheets. I was given two flat sheets, BOTH ripped with massive holes. In the morning I went to shower and the water trickled out and the internet worked only for 5-10 minutes at a time and needed to be reconnected repeatedly. When I approached the desk, I given MANY excuses and no solutions.
The day prior to check out, my husband and another family we were traveling with informed the desk that we are government employees and provided our id. At check out today, we were told that ANY discount would not apply to us because of a "contract" which were not aware of. We were actually charged more than the published rate. We qualified for senior discount, AAA discount and government employee discount. We were told we could use none of them and that we needed to contact "corporate".
Bottom line: disgusting facility,horrible customer service and a very poor value. With numerous hotels within a five mile areas, we would never select this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Travelersforbasketball
Shaku P, Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Travelersforbasketball,

It was wonderful hosting you during your three-night stay at our hotel. We have had the pleasure of accommodating various sports teams who play at our local venues for quite some time now. I am very disappointed to see that your stay was less than satisfying. I find it very unfortunate that you were not able to bring any of these issues to our attention prior to
your departure. Had we been aware of these issues, we would have been more than happy to rectify the situation. We are very proud of our high standards, here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North; and what you have stated about your experience is far from our expected standards. We make it our utmost priority to serve our guests with only the best hospitality and customer service. As far as the issues that you experienced with your rate; I would like to take the opportunity to reassure you that we proudly honor discounted rates to qualified stays for AAA, AARP, and government rates. In order to avoid any misunderstanding, please inquire on a the availability of these discounts prior to your arrival. I hope that you will consider staying with us again; so that we can have another opportunity to provide you with the superior service that we are known for. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter further.

Best Regards,

Terria Justice
Sales Manager
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Booked last minute at a great rate that was about $40 less than nearby comparable hotels. Front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and happily accommodated our request for a room away from the rooms blocked out by a youth camp. The room itself was spacious and including a sitting room with couch. The bathroom was very clean, and the bed was comfortable with nearby outlets to charge a phone within easy reach. Air conditioner was a little loud. HIGHLIGHT: a non-smoking room in the Midwest that doesn't smell like cigarettes... at all! Seriously- this place wasn't just great because of the price. It was just great. Will definitely stay here on our next trip into town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Shaku P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Kathleen W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy to hear that our staff served you well. It is our top priority that our guests are provided with superior service, in all aspects of their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the area. Please friends us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials and new package offers!

Kalamazoo, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel room smelled somewhat like cigarette smoke when I walked in. After being in the room the smell kind of went away. The bed was comfortable which was the main reason I needed a hotel room (business trip). The showerhead squealed while it ran and the front desk happily said they would address it. Service was overall very good and the people were pleasant to work with.

Dear Athen D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I appreciate your feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and found our new beds to be comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us the next time that you are in the area. Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming package offers.