“Trip to Indiana”

Econo Lodge
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
“Trip to Indiana”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

The attendant at the front desk was very nice.The area was not the greatest but it was one of the more decent lodges in the area.It looked like they were remodeling but there was absolutely no perks not even a ice machine or coffee pot.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Wojeski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Greenfield Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Very reasonable rates, we booked through Expedia.com, very clean rooms, pool was a little cool but very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel was quiet, beds were comfortable and my children fell fast asleep. I would book this hotel for our family again

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank MizzRedmon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

I was pleased with the lobby and my room. I had my doubts but the room was clean. And that's number one on my list! The rooms need an upgrade. My only complaint is that there were no king rooms available, when I was told differently on the phone.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Chawn4
Mississauga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Pros:
*spacious room
*Beautiful laminent flooring, YOu dont see that in most hotels.
*price

COns:
*professionalism needs improvement= work attire, hair, etc
*front entrance way smelled smoky and dingy. It turned me off at first but the room made up for it.
*the noise!!! omgosh...the tv room floor above us was so loud we didnt fall asleep.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mpaulichenko
Sturgis, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while in town to celebrated family birthdays.

The price was very good, the room was clean. Brand new paint and carpet, some new furniture, some old furniture.

Breakfast was quite good, a step above most continental.

My main complaint is that the mattress was horrible. It felt like a board laying on springs. With a better mattress, I'd have given 4-5 ratings in every category.

If you don't mind a rock hard mattress, I'd recommend this hotel no problem. But I won't be back.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jusgus88
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I'm always hesitant when booking the lower end hotels without seeing them first, but a low rate was required, and this fit the bill.

We arrived about 1 AM, and check in was a little weird. The gal manning the front desk seemed to be wearing pajama bottoms, and talked very softly. I had to keep saying "what" and I hear very well. I also asked about switching to paying with a different credit card, or paying cash at check out and it really threw her. She did figure out how to change the credit card around, and I left it at that.

There weren't many people staying here the night we were there, so I can't say if its normally quiet or not, but I didnt hear anyone above us, or in the hallway.

The king room we walked into was huge, and relatively clean (I try not to go looking for problems in these situations). The bed was HARD, I can handle a firm bed so it didnt deter my sleeping, but I really noticed when I sat down on the edge expecting a little bounce, and there was none. The bathroom was one of those with the tub and toilet in a seperate little room. I dont really like this set-up as I prefer some privacy when getting ready. The water pressure in the shower was really bad. I felt like I barely got wet, and washng my hair took a long time.

We didnt take advantage of the breakfast. It looked pretty basic, pastries, cereal, coffee.

Check out was easy, and the gal working the desk in the morning was much more professional and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank squirlgal1
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed here for a single night while a friend and I went to a concert. The entire place looked newly remodeled and very clean. Our room had two quenn beds and both appeared to be freshly made and in good condition. We did not use the pool or hot tub, so I can't comment on their quality, but the breakfast was half-way decent. There were not any hot foods, but cereal, donuts, bagels etc. The refridgerator looked to be 15 years old or more and the tv was digital, but was not a flat panel. It still had good picture, but took up alot of space. Overall it was a very good stay, especially for the price. I will definitely stay again the next time I am in town.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends