“Not assembly line chinese!”

Wu's Fine Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #25 of 672 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Can be found on Urbanspoon
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is one of the nicest chinese restaurants we've been in. The staff is friendly, the atmosphere is relaxed, and the food is great. It is nice for couples, with cozy booths. Nice for families, with plenty of space for sharing dishes. It also has a separate area that we've seen closed off for parties. I'm a huge fan of the orange chicken. You need to go!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

To start, I got carryout, not a sit down meal. Probably a good thing, too, because I would have left after the first course. Every place has good and bad points, so let's start with the good:

Good: Szechuan String Beans. I ordered mine with pork and extra spicy, and they did not disappoint on either. They used ground pork, which I like, and there was a lot. And extra spicy for me means my toenails spontaneously combust. They did. Kudos!

Now, the bad (and it's a longer list):

Bad: Fried Pot Stickers. Fried means you actually FRY them. These were no doubt steamed, then shown a picture of a (cold) frying pan. As to the dipping sauce, flat and missing some key flavors such as garlic and green onion. Also, the dough was too thick and still a bit "uncooked" tasting.

Bad: Hot 'n' Sour Soup. Should be renamed Dull 'n' Sour. Oh, the sour was there. But I ordered this extra spicy and when I tried it, it was about as spicy as chicken broth (but more salty). They instead gave me a small pot of chili flakes/oil, which means they couldn't be bothered to season the soup properly. Plus it took me two good spoonfuls of that stuff to get the "hot" up to a passable level. No pork or chicken, no tree fungus, but the soup was at least thickened a bit (and frankly, I think it was cornstarch).

Bad (okay, more m'eh than bad): Chicken Fried Rice. Two Words - Chung King...

Bad: Fried Soft Noodles. I ordered with double chicken, which turned out well. However, the noodles themselves were tough.

Bad: Garlic Chicken (spicy). Spicy? About as "spicy" as the Dull 'n' Sour soup above. Also, a key ingredient seemed to be missing. Hmmmm, what could that be? Oh, yes, I know - GARLIC!!!

And now to the worst option:

TERRIBLE! The prices. WAY overpriced, considering the quality of the food and the serving sizes.

Want some good advice? Drive to the south end of town and visit China Garden on South Anthony (near East Paulding). No linens, but amazingly flavorful and fresh food, AMPLE servings and excellent prices/value!

3  Thank DocFarmer-FW
Reviewed 28 May 2014

There are many Chinese restaurants in Fort Wayne, but Wu's rises above all the rest. Lovely atmosphere, great selection and excellent food. We always take friends from out of town and they have enjoyed it as much as we do. Wait staff is quote good and Michelle, the owner, goes out of her way to make sure everyone has a great experience.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

From the storefront to entering the restaurant-- all a very nice experience. Everyone was friendly. Beautiful decor and nice music. However-- portions were small, some flavors seemed a bit "different" from what I expected, but the most bothersome thing was that the servers and manager would not leave us alone! I think they asked us 6 or 7 times during the meal if everything was good. After the first time, and we are eating our entree-- prefer to be left alone unless we had a question! It was a bit much. I have had better Chinese food in Fort Wayne.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Food is authentic and full of flavor. Food is presented elegantly on the plate and you're given an extra plate to use. Large menu.
Had one horrible server, but next visit we had a top notch server.