“Expected more, but clean”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #39 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Got the Jacuzzi room for our anniversary. Needed somewhere inexpensive but wanted to get away for a night. Other than the Jacuzzi itself, the room was very ordinary. Old tv which was fuzzy each time you changed the channel for a couple of minutes and then was fine. Room was clean but everything was quite old and desperately needed updating. Disappointed that they advertise free breakfast. Be warned this is only coffee and prepackaged honey buns, not really a breakfast. Management was friendly. Overall, ok but probably would not do again if had $$ to stay elsewhere simply because I expect more even for only $100. Clean and convenient, but far from luxurious by any stretch.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
ABVIFW, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. It is only through our guests where we can learn what we are doing right and where we are in need of improvement. I apologize for the inconvenience of the television being fuzzy. Our hotel offers a grab and go breakfast which does consist of coffee, orange juice and honey buns, I apologize that it didn’t reach your expectation.
Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Typical abvi. i dont expect a lot from them and they dont expect a lot from me.

I've stayed at this motel many times and it is good for the money. the jacuzzi rooms are nice and only about a bill. the beds and linens arent the best but it is pretty quiet and safe.
there are restaurants next door and its right off the interstate.
they do charge $5 for a pet fee.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben R
ABVIFW, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. It is only through our guests where we can learn what we are doing right and where we are in need of improvement. We are very pleased to hear that you have been very loyal to us. If you would like for me to make your reservation for your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me or our hotel directly at 260-489-3588 .

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I wanted somewhere cheap as a stop over. The reviews said I was in for a rough ride but it seems bad comments help make things better as all was fine with my room (101) with an IOP and McDonald's next door this were easy.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stay away from this nasty place. The management does not keep this place clean. You're liable to get some sort of disease if you stay here.

Room Tip: Stay away from all rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I didn't have any problems with this motel, for the cheap price. But I was just passing through and didn't really use it to hang out in. It had a couch next to the bed, which I liked. Ample bathroom counter space, if you need it. I don't think they offered any sort of breakfast, or if they did I didn't take advantage. Priceline didn't indicate any free wi-fi, but they had it. Close to the freeway, so that's convenient, and I don't recall being bothered by any noise. Zero curb appeal.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
ABVIFW, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you so much for your positive feed. Our staff will greatly appreciate hearing that you are happy with our service. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Horrible experience! My husband and I decided to get away for a romantic weekend jacuzzi suite just me and him. Well, it was all good until we pulled the covers back on the bed. Blood stain on the sheets! We were given a 40% discount and had to make our own bed!! After ripping the bloody sheets off the bed! There was mold in the bathroom as well, and less than a half a roll of toilet paper! You could tell the housekeeper didn't pay any attention to her duites! Disgusting! Never again!!

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer C
ABVIFW, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

Dear Jennifer C.

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel on February 17, 2012. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse to providing guests with anything less than a perfect experience. After reviewing your review, we have taken the time to let the housekeepers know of your dissatisfaction of your stay. The housekeepers have been retrained to spot inconsistencies in the rooms so this will not happen again in the future. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken the corrective actions to ensure that this incident will not occur again.

Sincerely
Manager

Reviewed 12 December 2010

I have stayed here three times (mon-fri), traveling for business. Rooms have been a little musty-smelling upon arrival but nothing an air freshener can't handle. Staff is usually courteous and friendly. Bathtubs are not clean (and always have hair on walls), especially the shower curtain (mold and mildew at bottom - GROSS!). However, I can clean tub. My last stay (12/6-10) the TV had no sound on several stations for a couple nights but front desk man did try to fix it. My worst complaint is the room was ice cold when I checked in and took about FIVE HOURS to warm up! Heat should be turned on at least by 2:00 on day of check-in, especially in such cold weather. I tried one week at another motel with comparable amenities but came back to this one. I find this one just fine for this price.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank 51Marcy
ABVIFW, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2011

Hello, thank you for your review. Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry to hear that you had unpleasant stay with the rooms several times. It is not standard for rooms to not be clean and having channel stations without volume. Also, we do try turning the heats on early afternoon but sometimes they run out and rooms get rented before we get a chance to turn them on. Sorry it took a long time to heat the room up but will make a conscious effort to keep more rooms heated. Also, we will retrain housekeeping and make sure the shower curtains are changed out also. Sorry for the inconvenience with you stay. I hope we can accommodate your future travels once again.