“A Good Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed 30 May 2011

The Holiday Inn Express Ft. Wayne is a pretty decent hotel. Check in was fast and easy, and the rooms were up to date. The rooms were recently renovated and had the new look. Everything was good until I see an entire basketball team enter. Obviously it gets bad from here. They messed up the business centre and annoyed the front desk. It got even worse to the point I was about to leave. I was trying to sleep at 11:00pm and they were still loud and obnoxious. I had to contact the front desk 3 times, and still nothing different. And not to mention that the elevator bell is loud enough to be heard 3 rooms down which really effects sleep. The breakfast was OK but there was nothing much there. Overall I would stay here if you've been to HI Express's before but I would recommend the Staybridge right next door.

Room Tip: If you see a team, leave ASAP
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ferrari2197

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Everything was great at this Holiday Inn Express. No complaints at all, would gladly stay here again and recommend it to everyone. Check in was fast and friendly, room was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Sergeant2057
Reviewed 12 May 2010

I found the bed to be nice and good for a bad back. Would prefer a fan in the bathroom. The work out room had only 3 pieces of equipment and one didn't work. They all needed to be serviced. Their were no wipes or spray bottles to clean eq. No mat to stretch out on before or after the workout. Didn't notice noisy in the room from the highway or next door rooms.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank src8090
Reviewed 23 December 2009

We were unable to return to Indianapolis during a recent snow storm and spent the night in Fort Wayne. This hotel had the best staff and they helped us make our evening a lot more enjoyable than it started out. They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PRSIndianapolis_IN
Reviewed 15 November 2009

I was greeted at this hotel with a very unhappy female, checked in, a room full of smoke, a clogged bathtub and sink slow draining. The door would not close unless you pushed hard, the ac was not working correctly, the bed had an odor that is not clean and fresh as if they had not changed pillows or comforter for a while. I called front desk to only have her tell me she would let me know if another room came available...at 6pm in the evening.
I was nearly sick from smelling the smoke the next morning. I wrote the corporate and they said the manager would call me, and that has not happenednearly a month later.. She wrote a letter and made no sense so I was certain she did not take time to listen or care. I spent $131 for that room and had my card charged when I said I would pay cash. The girl was very unhappy with me. I stay in over 100 nights a year in hotels but I won't be staying at the FtW Holiday Inn Express anymore. I would recommend the residence Inn down the street. No one should ever have to sleep like that!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank travelforbiz50
Reviewed 24 May 2009

I stayed here in March for 1 week while my hausband had surgery. The front desk staff were great, and questions I had were answered, had to switch romms once no problem, breakfast was more than expected, and the rest of the staff were friendly and kind.
I have to take my husnand back to Ft.Wayne the end of this week and I am getting ready to book my room for the overnight stay. This will be my third stay here and I plan on staying here as long as I have to take my husband to Ft.Wane to see his Dr.
I even had my grandchildren with me for 2 days and they loved the Pool.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank grannieof009
Reviewed 6 March 2009

We were a party of 4 and ended up with a king bed with fold out couch. One boy on the couch cushions on the floor in his sleeping bag since they are both adult size guys now - which worked but was a bit crowded and not ideal. This bed and pillows were the most comfortable of any we've stayed in on our whole 20 day trip. The pool was nice, the whole place very clean and more elegant than we are used to. Breakfast was good, real half and half for our coffee and the elderly lady who served the breakfast was so kind and helpful. I gave it a bit less on value because it was over 100 dollars for one night which is a lot to spend, for us. No fridge or microwave so we had to go downstairs to pop our popcorn, which was a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family