“Perfect for a rainy day in the Fort!”
Review of Science Central

Science Central
Ranked #6 of 56 things to do in Fort Wayne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Science Central offers hands-on science education and fun for visitors of all ages. Zoom down a 2-story slide, see a mastodon found here in Allen County, talk a walk on the moon, take part in a live science demonstration and much more!
Huntington, Indiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Perfect for a rainy day in the Fort!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This past Saturday I took my nephews (ages 7 and 2) to Science Central and we all enjoyed ourselves! There were a lot of people there, but it didn't hinder us having a good time, there are SO many activities to keep everyones attention! I was afraid with the age difference we'd have a problem, but i was pleasantly surprised! There is an area just for 7 & under, which worked out great, then we worked our way from top to bottom and checked out all of the other stuff. A really fun time, and I can't wait to get back. Sometime my husband and I are going to go by ourselves too, to check stuff out on our own! Quite a win for a rainy cold day!

Visited October 2013

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Just ok!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

This is a really cool lookin building from the outside. The inside is starting to become rundown. Several of the exhibits are In Need of repair or dirty. Parents in the kiddie area seem to let their children run wild and no staff keeps it under control. The slide has restrictions that don't allow most kids to go down and it is not dangerous at all. My 10 year old was too small!! There was a cool show about weather and the price is good.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Jmbt2391
Niceville, Florida
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Most of it is geared towards older kids but my 2yo twins still enjoyed it!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

We went with family members and children ranging from 22 mos-4yrs. They enjoyed the section for smaller children and a few other areas. Traveler tip: Be sure to take an extra shirt for smaller children. My boys couldn't stay out of the water table and refused to wear the smocks so we had to buy extra tshirts there.

Visited August 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great rainy day (or any day) activity with the kids”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Science Central continues to improve. 3 stories of interesting activities and sites. Our grand kids (9 & 6 yrs) love coming here.

Visited June 2013
New Paris, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just Ok”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I have been there quite a few times and every time I go it seams like everything is broken. Its disappointing but still fun.

2 Thank Malinda S