“Very pleasant clean & quiet”

Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #29 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
taylor
“Very pleasant clean & quiet”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

From the outside looks shabby n run down but it was far from it.. nice room very quiet clean ..loved the full size fridge n small stove had a dishwasher employees were very nice.. i will definitely stay there next time im in town.

• Stayed July 2014
Andrea H, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Aprillynn412,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed our nice quiet and clean room, the kitchen and our nice staff. We will be so glad to have you be our guest again soon. Happy Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Granite City, Illinois
Reviewed 20 June 2014

From check in to check out this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in . I travel all over the Unite States on my job and everyone here was great . The roon was clean and it was a very quite hotel . I even got a wake up call that was on time .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Andrea H, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Lynn D,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean hotel and great staff. Thank you so much for staying with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Our staff loves hearing how much our guests like staying here. We hope to have you stay with us again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Bedding is stained, furniture is shabby and I haven't had a hot bath since I got here, water is cold at worse, warm at best.
Staying in room 312.
As for location, if you like driving and eating burgers, you might like it.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Melvin-Stone
Andrea H, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Mr. Stone,

Thank you so much for your feedback on our property. I apologize your stay was less than satisfactory. I assure you that our standards are to ensure guest satisfaction. We will use your feedback for growing room. We appreciate your business and hope you will give us another try if you ever visit Fort Wayne again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Were only there for one night, room was clean, kitchenette had dishes for two, coffee to make the next morning - full size fridge - HD TV service, recliner chair. Minor complaint, there was only about a foot of space on the side of the queen bed by the wall to get in and out - to accommodate the recliner - perhaps a second chair not quite so big by the bed and the recliner by the window?
No bed bugs here. Bed was very comfortable and bathroom was great - very clean. Would return again. Staff at front desk very helpful - they have a DVD library and a DVD player in the room that is a rarity for a hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrea H, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so glad you enjoyed our comfortable beds and friendly staff. We appreciate your review. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel has been my home away from home in Ft Wayne for the last several years, and I always enjoyed excellent service from the staff. During my last, week-long stay in late January 2014, however, I began to experience multiple, itchy bites every night. About mid-week, I reported to the reception that I suspected bed bugs. A housekeeper responded, said she couldn't find anything, suggested my bites might be from pet fleas left behind from a previous guest, and sprayed Windex around the mattress saying that bed bugs "don't like Windex." The nightly bites continued. On the very last night, I woke up in the middle of the night and found three bed bugs crawling around me! I captured one of the bugs and left it for the management, reporting same to the reception upon my departure. By the end of my stay, I had sustained at least 37 bites (the ones I could count). A couple of days later, the General Manager called me, apologized, and asked how to "make it right." As I was still on the road driving home, I told her I would email her later. After incurring significant cleaning expense to ensure that my clothing and luggage did not introduce the bed bugs to my home, I emailed the General Manager seeking compensation. She was unresponsive until a terse email produced a reply that their insurance company would be touch. The insurance company did call a few days later and conducted a rather legalistic, recorded interview. Since then, however, neither the General Manager nor the insurance company has replied to any emails, and absolutely no compensation of any kind has been forthcoming. It is disturbing that a so-called "General Manager" would ignore such an amicable attempt to resolve so serious a problem. As a result, I have continuing concerns about the cleanliness of the hotel and the customer service of the management that force me to recommend giving this poorly managed hotel a pass from now on.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Darin S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Darin S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the over-all experience you had during your stay and the service you received fell below your expectations. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The staff was super-friendly. The room was extremely comfortable and the thermostat worked perfectly. I was happy to be in a quiet hotel with great space for working for business. The lighting was bright where needed and the room was dark for the evening.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I came here for work and the staff from the moment I walked through the door were just great to me. I travel all the time for work and it's not everyday that the staff just become family to you.The hotel rooms are great for extended stay and I had the one bedroom suite which was perfect because I was there for so long. Free Laundry is also always a plus. Great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business