“Great value, good attention to detail, friendly staff”

Best Western Luxbury Inn Fort Wayne
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great value, good attention to detail, friendly staff”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stopped here at 11:30 PM, knowing we'd be back out the door by 7:30 AM the next morning on a long drive, so not in the mood to pay a lot of money. Had researched the area on TripAdvisor but didn't want to reserve in advance in case we were too tired to drive this far; saw how highly rated this was at close to half the price of similarly located and reviewed hotels, so it caught my eye. Called a couple of hours out to verify availability, and the desk clerk was very nice, even knowing I wasn't reserving a room right away. Able to walk in (to a different friendly clerk), book a $62 AAA double room, and settle in very quickly. Nice small amenities you don't always see in older, lower priced hotels - fridge and microwave, extra nice, fluffy pillows, really good and quite extensive breakfast for the 3 of us ready to go at 7 AM Saturday. Even had a computer / Internet station set up in the lobby, along with containers of water and iced tea for folks hanging out downstairs. Quick, friendly checkout, clerk who asked for my cell number in case we left anything, and an electronic receipt sent within a day. Definitely much higher level of service and amenities than I'd expect for this price. Would stay again on a road trip. Luxurious? No, but that's not what I'm paying for in this instance. A good deal? Certainly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
fairland, in
Reviewed 15 March 2012

i find the bestwestern luxbury to be an excellent choice for fort wayne. besides a great location, the staff is supportive, professional and very interested in your stay. the rooms are clean, breakfast excellent and the overall stay well above average.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Fort Wayne
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My husband and I have a date night every couple of months and wanted to get a room with a jet tub/ hot tub at a reasonable price... not as easy as one might think. Nonetheless, we found our room at our local Best Western. The Presidential Suite is spacious, nicely decorated, updated, and has an amazing whirlpool tub. The staff at this hotel are very accomodating and are most helpful. I highly recommend this Best Western to anyone traveling through our area, a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monique F
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Upon arrival we were upgraded to the Presidential Suite...wow So Nice! It is a really nice room with a full living room, couch, loveseat, and recliner. The bed was very comfortable last night. We are on business so I put out the "do not disturb", but when I needed a few things the housekeeping staff gladly gave them to me. The hotel is immaculate, and the staff very friendly and helpful. I would recommend it to business or family, for a day or a month.

Room Tip: We have two dogs and faced the interstate...but didn't really hear any noise, even with the wind...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank froggeede
Gwinn, Michigan
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is a very nice place to stay. We stayed one night on our way to Florida. Very friendly front desk staff. We had a minor problem with the sink stop not opening and they moved us to a room a couple rooms away. They made sure that everything was working before they left us. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stay at Best Western Hotels when traveling because they usually have the best pet policies and I travel with my dog.
I especially liked this hotel. The staff was especially helpful with issues due to a storm. They made calls for me to kennels, stores etc., in the event I wanted to check out to stay with friends. The building is brick which means no noise from the outside. I thought the lounge and rooms were a bit nicer than other BW's I had stayed in. They are strict on no smoking policies in the rooms which I find especially beneficial. As a non-smoker with allergies, I have occasionaly been given a non-smoking room at other hotels which the previous guest has smoked in. I would definitely stay here again. Very pleasant.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Brazil, Indiana
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I would like to say that if ever passing though Fort Wayne this is where I would stay again. When checking in the reception that we got was great and very friendly. The hotel room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was also good. I want to Thank everyone there and keep up the good work. Alot of good resturants close by Casa's is great. This was the second time that we have stayed and feel the same about both times.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends