“Great place to stay”

Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks in June because my husband was working in Fort Wayne. They were working on the lobby and it is going to be beautiful when it is completed. We had a mix up when we checked in because I was told on the phone that the charge for a dog was $20 per stay and it is $20 per day. After the desk clerk checked with the owner they made it $20 per stay which I appreciated. They have rooms designated for dogs and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised that the room did not smell of dogs.There is also a nice place to walk dogs that goes by a pond. The rooms are very quiet and they are hugh! They were working on the rooms across the hall from us and I didn't hear them at all. The breakfast is OK....I wish they offered bananas with the fruit.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back side of the hotel and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sonarmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Spanish Fort, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past. This time they were remodeling. The staff did an excellent job with reservations and front desk activities and the remodeling noise was at a minimum.

Innerkip Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for one night the end of May. The front lobby was under renovation so the young woman who checked us in had to work in a small area in a nearby hall. She was organized and very friendly.. She was also helpful in suggesting some very good restaurants close by. I only wished I would have remembered to ask for her name.The bathroom in our room was clean and the bed very comfortable. As far as the room goes it was tired and uneventful. There was a recliner in the room that neither my husband or myself would sit in. It looked dirty and seemed to be worn out. It should have been thrown out. I'm not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ruth S
Marion, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Thank you all for being honest and friendly. tHE LOCATION WAS EASY TO GET TO AND THERE WERE A LOT OF GOOD RESTURANTS AROUND THE HOTEL. the staff did a good job. When the hotel is finished being remodeled, it will be very beautiful

Eaton Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The lobby and breakfast area are being remodelled. We were here on a weekend and the following weekend I stopped by again. I couldn't see any progress being made on the lobby! If you're going down for breakfast, go early!
The rooms are large and clean. Bathroom could use a little updating. TV and fridge, very nice. Also a very quiet hotel.
I had some problem with lost jewelry, that had actually gone home with my husband. I talked to the staff by phone several times, they phoned me, and I stopped back by. They were very helpful and I called to let them know, it's found! So, my compliments to the young staff!

1 Thank LJo-12
Bainbridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

The staff was great, considering they were working under a hardship. Their desk working area was a temporary table in a hallway, due to the remodeling going on in the lobby/ check in area. When the work is completed, I expect that this will be a first class hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Morristown, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were on a two month road trip and this was one of our favorite hotels. Nice, helpful staff, comfortable beds, etc. -- Breakfast was OK. They were under construction in the lobby/breakfast area, but it was still quiet and we were not disturbed at all. The poor desk clerks were having to work at a makeshift desk area and still managed to be very helpful and courteous. A good location with a number of restaurants nearby. For a nice change there were plenty of electrical outlets in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple