“Excellent value for the $$$”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent value for the $$$”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We have stayed here many times while attending the Auburn/Duesenberg/Cord Festival and antique car auctions nearby. This formerly was a Mariott Residence Inn. Although parts of the property are showing their age, there were signs of renovation work being done. The 2 level suite we stayed in had newer carpet and updated baths. The kitchen was dated, but adequate. We found everything spotlessly clean and the staff courteous. Very pet friendly as well. We'll definitely go back.

Room Tip: The breakfast room can become quite crowded, especially with "lingerers". Try to avoid ea...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank John D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
valencia, spain
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The staff and room here were excellent. The breakfast upstairs can get crowded on a busy weekend but all food was replenished constantly. Staff were week to take part in the light dinners that are also complimentary. There was a large gas BBQfor guests' use also next to a picnic table near the pool.

In spite of being on the ground floor of a wooden structure building, we did not hear the guests upstairs at all, which surprised me.

I would be very happy to receive this hotel again. The kitchen, eating area and sofa gave us the extra space one enjoys on vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lincasanova
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Found this gem. Booked online for a place to stay while attending a local event. Couldn't have been happier. We found the staff friendly and welcoming. Took care of any concerns promptly. Decent breakfast included,complete with scrambled eggs. Rooms were large,clean and quiet...price was excellent. Recommend highly if you are visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Happy T
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is the 3rd time I have stayed here and what a bargain. I find the rooms clean, comfortable, and perfect for what most people need when they are staying away from home. I come for business and love the desk area & kitchenette. The fact that they offer a supper and breakfast for this price is unheard of. The staff has always been friendly and helpful, however I have not needed much help nor have I had a complaint.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Denise T
Chicago
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed in one of the studio suites. The furniture was somewhat dated and I think the general age of the furnishings might be one of the reasons people are inclined to think of the place as not being clean. My studio was clean but it was definitely showing its age- it was one of those places where you expected to see a spider in the bathroom even though I saw nothing of the kind, if that makes sense. So, if you're taking your wife or if you prefer newer digs maybe this isn't the place for you.

However, the place I stayed in was clean. The staff came in every day with fresh towels and cleaned up, the bed was comfortable and clean, and it has a nice kitchen area with a real refrigerator if you're looking to go to the local Meijer and stock up for the week. There's a pool which seemed well-maintained, and one nice thing was that every suite has an outside entrance (the complex is set up in a set of "pods" with 4-6 suites to a building) so it was quiet. The shower was nice and had good pressure.

So, in closing, it's not exactly the place William and Kate are staying at when they come through Fort Wayne, but for a guy on the road like me it completely suited my needs. It was only $79, it was clean, and the staff were all very nice and informative whenever I had any questions. I wouldn't seek this place out if I were coming with my wife, but for me it was just what the doctor ordered.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Redbird_Craig
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed 27 August 2013

After reading some of the reviews I was a bit leery. However, my husband and I were thrilled with the place! I'm a registered nurse and am very picky about hotels and I would definitely recommend the Stay Inn Suites.. We regretted that we were not able to extend our stay. The breakfast was delicious and our room was spotless. The staff was courteous and helpful. We are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MiriamRN73
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed here for business. At first glance it seemed ok but on further inspection it was very dirty. Behind the couch were noodles and a straw. Around the bed there were crumbs on the floor. I had to call housekeeping 3 different times because they forgot to clean my room. The manager, Julie was very rude. It was like what do you expect for the price. So on top of the dirtyroom the customer service was non-existant. The breakfast was only good on the days they had a certain cook and the other days every thing was under cooked. In the end she said I was too picky, really?? I did not think wanting my bed made and fresh towels everyday was picky.

Room Tip: Look around the room very carefully before you choose it. Candlewood Suites is the same price and it...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business