“Just okay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Linden, MI
“Just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I showed up in the middle of the night, so I'm sure we got the bottom of the barrel when it comes to our room. It was a nice size, had a kitchen and a big bathroom. However, it was in complete disarray. Our closet door was off its hinges, the door to the room would not shut unless it was bolted. So every time we left the room we had to leave the door open. There was hair all over the bathroom and rocks on the floor in the kitchen. Like I said, we probably got one of the last rooms since we showed up so late. The bed was big and comfortable and it was nice to have such a big room. I am sure if we would've had a different room our experience would've been a lot more enjoyable. Breakfast was good and there were a lot of options. Overall, I would try it again to see if it was an isolated issue.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here while our sons were in a baseball tournament. Everything was great and I would highly recommend this hotel. Even though we thought we checked the room thoroughly, we left two items. We were contacted by the hotel that very same day to make arrangements to retrieve them!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Veronica H
Galesburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

A great room at a good price with wonderful employees. But I must say the breakfast is sub par.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Rio Grande, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Hawthorn Suites of Fort Wayne indeed has a very friendly and helpful staff. That pertains to all of it's departments. The hotel had great accommodations for this family of 4 who were quite comfortable in one of their "Penthouses", (grand mom, mom, 2 kids). You can tell they are working very hard to update the facility, there were a few little things that needed tending to, none that effected our stay or comfort. I would stay again knowing each stay would show how much they are progressing. The breakfast was ample but lacked a little piazz. Keep up the good work and we'll be back

Room Tip: A lot of steps, be prepared. Rooms provided everything for travel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I am from India and I am here Fortwayne for business for about 3 months. I had wonderful experience here, the room is very comfortable, with kitchen,microwave, latest flat TV, nice bed, Wifi etc...The hotel staff is very nice and warm,patient, they take care of customers very well, very polite and friendly.
The swimming pool is nice and clean, there is a bbq, breakfast and dinner are wonderful, there is everything for a comfortable stay and to relax. In the weekends many people hang out with a drink in the pool area, its awesome.
Those nice walks around the hotel in the evenings were very relaxing after a long day of work.
The property owner Kifah, he is a fantastic person, very humble, generous, very warm hearted. He takes care of each and every person in the hotel, he works very hard and makes sure all the customers are comfortable. We had a very good time together, he is a good friend,big brother. I wish him good health and want to thank him from bottom of my heart for such a support for me during my long stay. I came to Fortwayne on business but I made very good friends for life time. I am gonna miss you all. Thanks for the great hospitality, you guys are wonderful.
I recommend this place to stay and experience the comfortable stay and warmth of the staff.

Harish M