“Exceptional Service”

Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at this Marriott over Labor Day weekend for a wedding. While traveling home I realized I could not find my watch. On Monday I called the hotel and asked Ashley, their exceptional employee, if a watch had been turned in to lost and found. Within a half hour I received a call from Ashley to inform me that she had gone to my room, which had not been cleaned, and located my watch. She packaged and mailed my watch the next day. I so appreciate her honesty and attention to my request. It was so great to have such service!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great location in the middle of down town. All of the employees that we encountered were very friendly and helpful..Restaurant was in the hotel but lacked a healthy choice only seemed to have more of a "burger" theme...That said, wait staff were very friendly as well..

Room Tip: ask for one of the rooms over looking the ball park if there is a baseball game going on..
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My corporation hosted a training session at this site. The hotel was recommended to me by our HR department. Marriott is usually very consistent on the quality and service they provide so I had no concerns about my stay. When entering the lobby I was greeted by a wave of hot, humid air......that permeated the lobby and breakfast area for the entirety of my visit. No worries - didn't plan on spending much time in that space, but I did feel sorry for the clerk at the front desk in her heavy uniform. In my room I encountered the following: mold on the bathroom tile and wallpaper, a bathtub that wouldn't drain, an antiquated wall unit A/C, and walls thin enough to allow me to hear the phone conversation of the person in the next room (speaking in a normal voice).

After addressing these items with the front desk, the mold was cleaned off the walls and the shower drain cleared/cleaned. I will give them credit for being attentive to the issues they could solve.

Our conference room was to be provided with a full breakfast and lunch each day. On day 1 they didn't provide us with breakfast beverages and it took quite some time for them to provide beverages with lunch. Our training leader also requested that our tables be set up in a certain fashion for training purposes - this was not accomplished either. After speaking with management - Day 2 was better. Again, when advised - necessary changes were made.

The bare minimum I expect at this price point is cleanliness. I assumed I would get more than the minimum - this time I was wrong. This certainly wasn't my worst hotel experience, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone and will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: NO ELEVATOR at this hotel - however less noise on 2nd floor if you don't mind carrying up luggag...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Not sure the hotel adquately advertises that fact -- which can be a BIG issue. Otherwise, it's next to the highway but surprisingly quiet. CLEAN. Pleasant staff. Offers breakfast -- which isn't fancy, but perfectly adequate. Worked for my situation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Had a great room with a great view of the ballpark. Good places to eat.Close to downtown.Parking was right next to ballpark. Lots of things to do.There was a restaurant right in the hotel.There is an old fort just minutes away from the hotel...

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We are long time Marriott Club Members. We always select a Marriott property for our stays when traveling. When we received an invitation to a family member's wedding in Ft Wayne, we made reservations far in advance. When we arrived, we were unable to have the type of room that we had reserved because they were on upper floors and there is no elevator. We have disabilities, and are seniors and we could not manage those stairs. We were given a first floor room and we had to enter through the back of the hotel and schlep our suitcases in what was almost a maze, inside, outside, inside to get to our room. Once there, the air would not adjust correctly, the commode would not readily flush, the beds were uncomfortable, the bed covers and linens were thin and with the air not working correctly I was freezing, My husband slept only because he was exhausted from the flight from Texas to Indiana. I did not sleep well at all. It was late when we settled in so we did not call the desk as we would not have had the energy to move rooms or wait for maintenance people. We understand that sometimes things break and need maintenance but they had to have known about those issues before they put us in that room.
The following morning, we checked out and moved to a Hampton Inn about 1 city block away and the place was great. To add insult to injury, the manager spoke to us when we checked out and asked if we had called to get those things fixed and spoke to us like we were ignorant first time travelers and then adjusted the price down. We appreciated the price adjustment but even that amount was not worth the experience. I stress again that we were disappointed because Marriott properties are always great for us. As we left, I noticed that Marriott leases that property so they do not operate it. I can not imagine why a good company like Marriott would put their reputation at risk with this kind of arrangement. We had two other couples driving down from New York to stay at the same place and when we called them, they just cancelled Courtyard and went to Hampton and were very pleased with the outcome. My last point would be that our Senior rate at Hampton was about 1/3 the Senior Rate at Courtyard. Unbelievable!!

Room Tip: If you have any kind of difficulty getting around, be careful of what room you accept. There are no...
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stopped at the Courtyard after finding a coupon in a travel book. Friendly staff accommodated us with a king size bed room. Thank you note and candy bars greeted us in the room. Room seemed newly redecorated. Even though close to interstate we heard no traffic noise inside. The courtyard area was lighted at night and had seating areas near the path. Both indoor and outdoor pools were available, along with a hot tub. Complimentary bottled beverage was provided when asked. Plenty of fresh towels and hot water for morning showers. Construction activity was going on at the hotel but did not interfere with our visit. One of the staff went out of his way to help open doors as we were leaving. Also, received a handwritten thank you note for staying there. Very great place to stay and would visit again.