“A flashback to great eating!”

Hall's Drive-in North
Ranked #330 of 662 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Hall's has a drive-in eat in your car area & we recommend doing this because its a flashback to the 1950s & 60s days. The food prices are reasonable & they have local specialties which you should try. Still a mom & pop type place after all these years. Inside eating is also an option if the weather is in-climate. We recommend a slice of turtle or snickers pie, pricey, but worth it for a sweet treat. .

1  Thank julie f
There are newer reviews for Hall's Drive-in North

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was in town alone on business. I was looking for a place that I could go and get real food that I could take back to my hotel. I didn't want fast food and was happy when someone recommended Halls. It is a drive in location like a sonic or old root beer stand but the server comes to your car to take your order. I came for the cobb salad but she recommended the blue plate special which included 3 pieces of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, a roll and a salad for $7.99! It came out quick and hot in a to go container. I drove the 10 or so miles back to my hotel and to my surprise the chicken was still crispy and oh so yummy! I grew up with excellent fried chicken so I have been pretty particular but this was the best I've ever had. Juicy and tender, crispy with just the right amount of spice. I look forward to my next trip for sure.

1  Thank PattyNell17
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Love their onion rings and chocolate pepsi! they have great daily specials! Only thing better would be if they used real mashed potatoes!

1  Thank Wendy G
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The food was pretty good - kind of like an all american diner. I had the filet mignon, the husband had chicken tenders. We got the spiced apples which were amazing. I also brought home pecan pie - not so amazing. The food was average - nothing too terrible. BUT, the service was super slow - our waitress was not very attentive either. It took 2 hours to get through our meal because of how long it took for her to bring our supper, as well as our to-go desserts and check. I am sure that not all servers are this slow - but ours was not in any hurry to get us out of there. So, for the price that we paid it was pretty good - but overall it isn't a place I would visit again.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Dining in a week before was a quick in-out for a decent meal at a fair price, experience at drive-in was another story completely.

A Sunday early evening visit. Car hop did not bring our complete order -there were only three of us. She only brought two of our sandwiches. Could not get her attention after over 25 min w/lights on as we watched her lackadaisically serve the handful of other vehicles who seemed as impatient w/their service as we were. She never checked on us or our order. Couldn't flag her down visually. Eventually I walked in and asked for manager, explained we did not get our complete order and were offered to have the missing item cooked and replaced or a gift card. Opted for the gift card as we'd already been waiting abt a half hour. sigh.

Problem may be short staffing or visibility or both? Didn't seem to be a good way for the car hop to see the cars from inside the bldg?