“Amazing service and I didn't even stay there!”

Holiday Inn Express Fremont
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Over a year ago, I was driving through Fremont, IN when I began having technical problems with my cell phone and needed to stop somewhere to fix the problem. I was on my way to another HIE about an hour away, but didn't want to wait to make a call and try to fix my phone in a parking lot so I pulled over at this hotel. I told the woman working the desk (Linda) that I was actually on my way to another HIE over an hour away and that I just wanted to sit on the couch and fix my phone if she didn't mind. She could not have been more kind or welcoming. She even helped me to get some tea and a snack and encouraged me to sit as long as I needed to. And I was not even staying there!! I always meant to call and tell the manager so I held on to her name in my wallet for months--today I pulled it out and thought a Trip Advisor report was an even better way to let Linda and HIE know that as a very frequent traveler, this type of hospitality is more than appreciated. Thanks, Linda!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank victoriasmother
Sherrill S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you for your kind comments! I hope at some time you will choose to stay here in Fremont on your travels.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Traveling back from Colorado, many night in Hotels. This was a good one. Clean, attentive staff, Everything we needed plus cookies and milk, popcorn complimentary. Next door to factory outlets for shopping.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maxmandy
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Love, love, love this hotel...it always feels like we are coming home! Hotel staff is like family. Special thanks to Danielle at the front desk, Mary and Tanya in housekeeping and Shirley at breakfast. We can't wait to visit again! Mitch "Stu" and Julie Myers

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank julieatthebeach822
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Holiday inn Freemont.Room was clean and quiet. Price was excellent and very close to Toledo . Free wireless internet signal was strong. and never dropped. Great value great service great price.. We will stay here again! Manager owner was super friendly and accomadating. I look forward to staying again this Holiday season when I go back to see my friend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 007VisitorFortWayne
Sherrill S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express- Fremont. We will look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed in this Holiday Inn Express location in late Sept 2013. The hotel was fine, but I don't think it is deserving of the 4.5-star average rating overall it received from other travelers. We stayed in a first floor room, and I was unnerved when I discovered that the window was closed, but it was unlocked. This is a safety issue that the hotel should always check, but clearly did not. The ice machine ran out completely, which is not a good thing. But on the plus side, the woman manning the breakfast area (I believe her name was Bernadette) went and found an ice machine somewhere that was working and brought us back 2 bags of ice -- that was great service and definitely deserving of kudos. For the breakfast, the eggs were better than expected (delicious and fluffy), but the fruit selection was very limited (they only served whole apples and whole bananas, which are not easy to eat when trying to get a quick breakfast). Final comment is that there are not many places to eat dinner nearby -- one must drive 10-15 minutes away (this is not the hotel's fault, but does factor into the enjoyment of staying here).

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear aqualoaf,

Thank you for your detailed review. It is good to know our hotel staff was able to assist you with your needs immediately. Clean, spacious rooms and helpful, friendly service are a hotel’s highest priorities. It is of great concern that you were felt unsafe due to the window and received poor breakfast quality during your stay with us. Your feedback will be addressed with the appropriate department to ensure we are providing the best stay for guests at all times.

We appreciate your feedback and if your travel brings you to the area in the future, we hope you give us another chance.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because we couldn't get a room at Pokagon state park. It was literally only 4 minutes away from the park, plus the outlet mall is within walking distance which we also found convenient. The hotel was clean, nicely decorated, had a very friendly staff and nice amenities including a hot breakfast. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Greengirl87

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express- Fremont. Please consider us when traveling in the area next time.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

The front desk was really friendly. John is great. The breakfast was good and the cookies and pop corn at night are fun. Sitting in the restaurant are is a pleasant place to meet both at breakfast and in the evening. Got to get their early for the cookies.

Room Tip: Some times if you like to sleep with the Windows Open it is best to get a room on the back side. Wi...