“I love this hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Fremont
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 16 August 2010

My brother-in-law and his family live in Angola. We visit them at least once a year and we have been staying at the Holiday Inn in Fremont for as long as it's been open. It is always clean and comfortable and the staff is friendly. The breakfasts offer a lot of variety. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2010

This was a very nice hotel. It was nicely kept and the woman taking care of the breakfast area was great. Very clean room and breakfast area. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We recently spent the night here, (with no prior reservation) on a cross country road trip. It simply looked decent enough from the outside, but once I went inside to inquire about a room -I was very pleasantly surprised.
The front desk clerk (a female, don't know her name) was one of the nicest hotel staff persons I had ever met! At 11:00pm at night I was surprised that my son was still able to get a free glass of milk and a cookie! Our room & beds were very clean and the breakfast was well done. My son & husband also took a quick dip in the nice outdoor pool before check out. All hotel staff we passed in the hallway were friendly as well.

Only small negative--the air conditioner made some strange noises all night long (maybe I'm just not used to AC living in Alaska) and the drapes seemed a bit funny, we couldn't close them--but the sun does get you up and ready for breakfast ;)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Booked the Angola Ramada on hotwire for a low price. checked in with 2 kids under five & couldn't let them spend a night there so we promptly started searching for another room in the area even though we would not get the money back for our prepaid room. No 4 or 5 stars in this area, but the holiday inn express was by far the best we found. Nice staff, clean rooms, provided a crib in the room free. Kids loved the free popcorn and cookies. Haven't had the free breakfast yet because we are in the room right now and very happy to be.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I will admit again that I have very high standards for hotels. A road trip to Wisconsin found us looking for a place to stay for the night. I checked some reviews on my droid, and HIE Freemont is where we wound up.

I was seriously impressed. We were greeted by super-friendly and accomodating staff when we entered the lobby. There was freshly popped popcorn waiting there for us. Score! The checked us in quickly, but made sure to tell us about the free cookies that would be available at 8 pm. We were on our way to dinner and after expressing our concern that we'd miss them, they offered to save us a few and asked us what kind we would like. How nice is that? (Sure enough, when we got back from dinner, all of the cookies were gone but the nice front desk staff had saved ours behind the desk.) Very cool!

The room was clean and modern, just like I like it. No complaints there.

We did have a little glitch in our stay, though. Something went wrong and at 10:30 pm we were sleeping soundly when another couple entered our room. It was startling, to say the least. Apparently they'd given them our room as well, as their keys worked (and then our keys were deactivated). These things happen and we didn't make a huge deal about it. When we mentioned it at checkout the manager kindly gaveus some additional reward points. So that was nice.

The fitness facility was on the small/old side, but the staff told us that our key card would get us in the the local Y for free. If we'd had time, I would have done that, but the little gym was sufficient for my morning cardio. It was clean (a priority) and bright with a couple of old-style ellipticals, a treadmill, and a bike. No weights that I remember. There was a TV and a water cooler.

Breakfast in the morning was better than I expected. As others have commented, the cinnamon rolls are excellent.

All in all, we were surprisingly pleased with this hotel and are very likely to choose HIE in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2009

A girlfriend's getaway to celebrate a milestone birthday brought us to Holiday Inn Express in Fremont, Indiana this weekend. We chose this hotel because of its proximity to Pokagon State Park, and the Outlet Malls. Upon check-in, we were upgraded to the Hospitality Suite because of the status of our membership with their Priority Club. The room was amazingly clean and spacious, with a small kitchen area with microwave, mini-fridge, sink and granite countertop. The breakfast in the morning was great, with the attendant giving much attention to keeping the food well stocked. The friendliness of the front desk staff was much appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2007

We stayed here for 2 nights 9/21-23/07. I was traveling with parents and sister, all of us over 40; parents in one room, sister and I in another. Hotel has two floors and no elevator (although they said they are putting one in), so my father needed 1st floor room (bad knees) and they had no trouble accomodating request. Very homey hotel, new decor and furnishings are a bit country-cutsey and dated looking (think late eighties in color/patterns) but hotel was very clean and staff was very cordial. Breakfast buffet was adequate, (premade waffles, whole fruit, cereals, muffins, bagels, yogurt, juices. coffee and their fresh cinnamon rolls (didn't eat any). My family members enjoyed warm cookies and breakfast, I was still digesting last night's too big dinner to eat much! Rooms were clean; love the beds made with sheets enveloping the blanket...feels much cleaner to me! Our rooms faced the parking lot, which was fairly quiet but VERY light at night, as light glowed through all edges of drapes at night. This slight problem was not a big deal to most, but sister found very distracting so she slept with towel over eyes. If this kind of thing bugs you, you might want to request a backside room. All in all, the hotel was fine and would stay at this location if in area again.

• Stayed: September 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Quality Inn hotel in Fremont
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Fremont
Holiday Inn Express Howe

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fremont? Share your experiences!