“Great food, but you have to wait a long time”
Review of Dave's Lake Shack - CLOSED

Dave's Lake Shack
Cuisines: Armenian
Elkhart, Indiana, United States
“Great food, but you have to wait a long time”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We love to have breakfast here! I had the Lake Shack Omelet and my husband had an egg white ham and cheese omelet. I had two bloody marys (only b/c it took so long to get our food). The bloody marys are great....one of my favorites! It took nearly an hour to get our two orders... then we had to wait on our hash browns. My husband asked for no butter on his toast (it was buttered) and my toast was not toast, just sour dough bread. A really nice server heard us talking, she took our bread and showed it to the cook (she said he was new. and may not know how to toast sour dough bread..shouldn't everyone know how to do toast)? :) We finally go our entire order, which again, the food is great and it does state on the menu that they do take their time making and cooking the food, but this was extreme. As much as we love coming here, we don't stop in that often. It took us over an hour and a half from beginning to end of breakfast. I know we would come here often if they could speed up the food orders. Nikki and the rest of that gals that are servers/bartenders here are great and really do a nice job.

• Visited May 2014

West Virginia
“Very Good French Dip!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was traveling for work and though I had stayed in this area before and knew several restaurants, I wanted something different. I consulted my tripadvisor and found this great little place. It wasn't far from my hotel and its reviews here and their website had me intrigued. Not a lot of parking available even though it was about 6pm on a Wednesday, but got a table right away. They had several excellent looking specials, but the French Dip sandwich caught my eye. While I waited, a local band was setting up and the atmosphere was very friendly. The sandwich was one of the best I have had in quite some time. The service was excellent and you could tell this was a place locals like to come to. Fremont itself is just a small town next to the highway, and this place is off on a local road, but it came up on my gps and took me right to the door. I will eat there again when I visit this area. Excellent view of the lake.

1 Thank WVHighlander
Fremont, Indiana
“Great hospitality!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good food, prices and music! Dave has done a great job keeping the atmosphere on the positive side!!

1 Thank Kojak1961
Fremont, Indiana
“Small hometown bar”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Dave's Lake Shack is a small bar with great prices on their drinks and their food. The bar only seats maybe 50-60 people but in the summer they have additional outdoor seating. With that in mind there can be a wait for a table but it is worth it. If you are lucky they may have one of their hometown small bands playing at dinner time! FUN!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank griggsm
Marshall, Michigan
“What a gem!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

WOW! After suffering cabin fever from this long, harsh winter we decided to venture out and go south of our border geocaching. We decided to look for a place to eat, and spotted this place. For a Saturday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. the parking lot was full, so we squeezed into one of the two spaces left. Opening the doors was like stepping into a cabin up north on a lake. Knotty pine interior with brightly colored walls and plenty of boating related "stuff" to look at while you wait for your meal. The waitresses are very friendly and informative-the best advice was to try one of the nightly specials. My husband has the rib basket-the meat fell off the bone and the sauce was nice and tangy. He loved their homemade cole slaw. I had a seafood chimichanga that was stuffed full of seafood. The salsa was homemade and accompanied by warm chips. So two specials and two very full and satisfied customers who will be returning very soon to try something from their menu. Live entertainment Wednesday and Saturday nights. Can't wait to try a table on their patio. Even though the place is on the small side, it is well worth any wait you would encounter.

1 Thank Laura M