“Sadly disappointed this time”

Just Off The Brick Pizza
Ranked #14 of 28 Restaurants in French Lick
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Indiana
“Sadly disappointed this time”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We couldn't wait to get to French lick for spring break with the kids, big splash and great pizza. I was sadly disappointed this time with the pizza. It was not as I recalled it a few years ago when we came to the place. The flavor was not there. The crust was just meh. I'm not sure what has changed since our last visit but for the cost of this pizza, I feel like I can get the same pizza at a Casey gas station. I will most likely give it one more try in the future to make sure it just wasn't a bad night before marking it off my list. I will say the people working there were all friendly people and I hate to even write a bad review on them. If you have changed your recipe to the crust or the sauce, I'd suggest a change back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank jwilli69

Indianapolis, Indiana
“I wanted it to be better”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The good: quick service and reasonably priced. The bad: the pizza itself. Unfortunately the pizza crust is pre-made, tastes like frozen pizza. Not fresh. The salad was good. The cheesy bread was good. If you are are able to get past the crust, it's not a bad local place. It's just steps from the FLS resort - a huge plus.

• Visited March 2014
Pittsboro, Indiana
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We waited 14 minutes until anyone even acknowledged us. The server slammed down menus and walked away. 5 minutes later she returned to tell us we wouldn't have a pizza until at least 35 minutes...they were busy. Not so busy from where I sat. There was no apology only attitude. We left. We found 33 Brick Street around the corner and were glad we went there. It was 100% better than Just off the bricks.

Visited March 2014
Fishers, Indiana
“Small town pizza place”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Typical small town pizza joint. Pizza was good but not great. Service was good. You could tell is def. was a local hang out place. I would go back if in town but we would also explore other non-chain restaurants in the area too.

• Visited December 2013
Farmer City, Illinois
“Pizza in French Lick, IN”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Was craving for pizza while vacationing in French Lick, and since this was close...decided to go. Really went thinking it was going to be pizza baked in a brick oven, but its not...just a traditional old metal oven. The pizza was not bad. The sauce was pretty sweet, and toppings appeared to be fresh. The dough was the best part for me. We also had the garlic cheese bread.. Just as it says...bread, cheese, and garlic. Pretty reasonably priced. If you want a pretty good pizza...and want to go fairly reasonably priced..give it a try.

• Visited January 2014