“Food and ambiance excellent”

Sinclair's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sinclair's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in French Lick
Price range: US$35 - US$55
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Timeless in its beauty and stylishness, Sinclair's offers an impressive dinner menu and wine list. This restaurant is perfect for a romantic dinner for two, or a celebratory dinner for many. Named after Lee W. Sinclair, one of the original owners of West Baden Springs Hotel. Sinclair brought sophistication to Southern Indiana and transformed the hotel into a slice of European elegance in America. Located just off of the West Baden Springs Hotel Atrium.
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

"The two Old Ladies" are out and about again. The dining room is lovely and extremely well appointed. We like to have appetizers and split an entree. But at a split plate fee of $10, we opted to split an appetizer and have separate entrees. The baked oyster appetizer was very nicely seasoned, however I had trouble finding the oysters. We both agreed the sea bass was outstanding and probably the best we have ever had. Unless you really really love lentils, tell them to not include them--the bass set on a whole bowlful of them. My friend had the vegetarian entree and it was quite tasty. We decided to go with the suggested wine pairings for the entrees and were pleased. The only downside was the server seemed not to be happy being there. Her service was adequate but certainly did not add to our enjoyment.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our meals here. I had the steak, and it was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. The service was friendly and the waiter was knowledgeable.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Dined here the night of my arrival and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of food. My stay was during the week and in off season, which did make me a tad nervous, I'm not going to lie. I called down to make a reservation which was not needed as they were very quiet. I had the Chicken & Pasta dish that was delicious and just what I needed after the long car ride. The Desert was lovely; the "Chocolate dome" which was mousse based with a hard dome shell was fabulous. I even took the bottle back to my room and enjoy the changing of the dome's interior lights from my balcony.

For Breakfast, be sure to dine at The Cafe at Sinclair's. The Stuffed french toast actually may have been the best I have ever had. It was also cute that the server I had was my server the day previously at Hagen's. She was a doll and gave wonderful menu recommendations. All in all it was a huge hit and it just made me enjoy my stay at West Baden Spring Hotel even more.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We enjoyed our dinner at Sinclairs. I am giving a '4' rating than '5' rating because it did not exceed my expectations, yet I was not disappointed. It was very good and I would go back. Worth a try.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We ate breakfast at the Cafe' at Sinclairs. I had the Sprudel breakfast and my husband had Eggs Benedict -- both were delicious. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, very attentive to our needs. Affordable.

1  Thank Sondra F