French Lick Springs Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lane's Motel(French Lick)
  • Pool
View Hotel
West Baden Springs Hotel(West Baden Springs)
View Hotel
E.B. Rhodes House B&B(West Baden Springs)
View Hotel
Crazyhorse Ranch & Lodge(West Baden Springs)
1,290 results
All reviewsbowling alleyfrench stickpower plantfront porchrocking chairshorseback ridinghistoric hotelsister hotelbeautiful resortstep back in timespa wingoutdoor poolkids activitiespete dye coursegreat golfwest baden hotelnon smoking area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderfully restored historic hotel. The hotel is attached to large meeting space and a casino. If you do not gamble or play golf you may get bored quickly. There is a spa, bowling lanes and several pizza outlets all of which do not interest me. The city of French Lick is unremarkable and the dining options are more unremarkable.

The resort does offer free transportation to West Baden Hotel and the three golf courses I had the good fortune of meeting Heather a Guest Transportation Driver who took us to Hagen's restaurant. The restaurant was great but the highlight of my stay was Heather who embodies the definition of hospitality, warmth and customer service.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank IndyGuyontheGo
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was nice, but not as nice as West Baden. Still, I'm glad we stayed to experience both hotels. Lovely grounds, great pool, and the high stakes gambling area allows cigar smoking. That was a favorite part!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laura22204
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I stayed in the French Lick Resort this weekend. We were were there for a Community Marriage Builders weekend. Upon arriving we were taken back by how beautiful the hotel is!! When you step in to the lobby it takes your breath away!! It is GORGEOUS!!! The architecture is AMAZING!! Gold leaf and crown molding as far as the eye can see. The hotel was decked out for Christmas. Check in was a breeze! We were in the Springs Wing on the fifth floor, Room number 2537. I went back out and my husband was ready to park and get the stuff inside. My husband didn't have any cash on him at the time so he didn't want to use the complementary valet and bell hop with out being able to tip. So, we were off to find parking...it was kind of difficult. We didn't want to park in the parking garage, it would have been a LONG WALK! So, we circled around and found a spot behind the hotel. It was very clear that we went the wrong way once we got all our stuff out of truck and walked up the hill and came to an employee door. OOOOPS.., with my bad back and my short patience i didn't want turn around and walk all the way around the large hotel back to the front door. An employee who was out doors on a break kindly came up and let us in the back door and told us we could use the service elevator to get to our wing quickly. He was extremely kind and understood that we had no clue where we were going! Once inside, a housekeeper was clocking out and kindly directed us to the service elevator and gave us directions to our room. We found our room with ease and was very surprised how cozy the large halls were. Opening the door to the room were were very happy. Spacious, Very Clean, Updated and very warm feeling. The room had a king size bed, flat screen tv (tv service is not so great) and two very large windows that over looks the woods behind the hotel. The bathroom was WONDERFUL!! Great space, very clean, granite counter tops, tile floor and side walls, great hot water in the sink and shower, etc...The bed was great, pillows are slightly flimsy but better than other hotel pillows (i always take mine with me). During our stay we walked all over most of the hotel. We swam in the indoor pool which is really nice especially with the dolphin water fountain in the center. They had a water basketball goal set up in the pool as well so we enjoyed a nice game of friendly water ball. The hot tub was AMAZING!! Crystal clear water, perfect temperature and very roomy!! We shopped in the Promenade Shops, ate at the Power Plant Bar and Grill, The Grand Colonnade Restaurant, Hagen's Club House Restaurant (those reviews to come) and utilized the complimentary shuttle service and later the bellhop service. Heather, the shuttle driver was so great and as friendly as could be. She talked highly of how the resort gives back to the community and you could tell she truly loved her job. Bill, was the bellhop who helped us with our luggage. He was wonderful! Super friendly, very informative, down to earth and someone who also loved his job. My tip for you is make sure you have cash in your pocket if you utilize the wonderful services of these hard working individuals, they deserve it!! From your housekeeper, shuttle driver, waiters and waitresses, to you bell hops we were treated with the utmost respect and had WONDERFUL service all around!! I will absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone and my husband and i expect to come back soon!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The French Lick Resort is a very interesting place to visit. The help ( especially the Bell Hops) leave a lot to be desired. They are the most rude, unwilling to help, I have EVER, EVER encountered ANYWHERE. Their was 8 adults in our group & NO ONE could believe the unfriendly help. One manager I talked to, tried to repair the damage, but we will not be returning there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank GMMAYOR
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is the second time for us staying at this hotel so I am combining our two stays for this review. The Hotel has been part of a 500 million dollar restoration and she shows beautiful. We were here for a Jr. Golf Tournament and actually paid about what we would pay for a Holiday Inn Express so I felt like we got good value for our money. The room was very clean and nicely decorated with two queen beds and comfortable mattresses. On our first stay I did not notice any excess noise from the halls or next door rooms but this trip was very different. We had a group of FFA students on our floor and they were mostly unchaperoned and very loud. The first night, it was 1:30AM before they quieted down but on the other hand, I don't believe anyone called the front dest to complain. The next morning, I mentioned it and the next night, they were much quieter after 10pm.

They have valet parking but we chose to self park. (free) and the resort also has an Ice cream coffee shop, The 1875 Steak House (review available), and Pluto's Pizzeria along with a bowling alley and beautiful indoor and outdoor pool complex. There was the Power Plant bar and grill and the Grand Colonnade Family Restaurant. There was a piano player entertaining in the lobby and cookies provided on a table with area information. The hotel is part of a big resort area which includes the West Badin Springs Hotel and three golf courses along with an indoor driving range and tennis complex. There is also a large Casino which was very busy. West Badin Springs has a spa which I unfortunately did not get to try.

The first night, the boys hit the Pizzeria and bowling alley and said the pizza was good. My husband and I tried the steakhouse. That deserves its own review. We also ate at the Donald Ross golf course at their restaurant called Hagen's and it was wonderful. We had the breakfast buffet at the Grand Colonnade and the restaurant was visually beautiful and had a fun history. This is the place where Franklin D. Roosevelt launched his Presidential Campaign. It is also where tomato juice was first served. There was a good breakfast buffet with a nice varety of dishes.

Since we were there for a golf tournament, I will mention the golf courses. The Donald Ross Course was in good condition and has been restored to be very close to the original Donald Ross design. The Pete Dye Course is where they hold the Big Ten Tournament and although we didn't get to play it, visually, it was very beautiful but intimidating. It also carries a hefty price tag to play so I would suggest going as part of a golf package if you wish to include a round there.

In conclusion, I would suggest this as a good long weekend escape for couples, families and even business travelers for any time of the year. It does sit in the middle of no-where but there is plenty to do close by. We had a great time and will be returning next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the quiet end of a hall. Less noise from the hall and only one connecting room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family