“The best ever !”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in French Lick
Madisonville, Kentucky
“The best ever !”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was my first time stay at this resort, notice was. Out of all resorts from the west coast to east by far the most outstanding ever. The Hospitality from all the staff, cleaning teams, bellhops and Mr JR made our stay the best ever. We stay at the Peabody in Memphis three to four times a year and will now be staying less. Thank you French Lick Resort for the best getaway ever.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Randyeubanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Chicago
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The room I was given was not clean; I contacted security and they called the manager. They did come and clean the bathroom, vacuum and dust and clean off the phone. They comped me the rooom. Check your room before you settle in. The staff wished to move me but it was late at night and as a disabled person a move was not easy. My sister had gone to sleep in the next room and she assists me. My nieve's weddin wa held there and they changed the room for the wedding so they had to put up paper signs redirecting guests.

Room Tip: Check cleanliness before you settle in.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia K
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed during Spring Break and it was a very good alternative to Florida. It was a closer drive, relaxing, luxurious, and not crowded! When we arrived to our first room that we were assigned, we quickly realized there was no pullout sofa that we had reserved for our kids. We were immediately assigned to our correct room, which was very spacious for the 5 of us! There was plenty to do and there were many family activities. We loved The Amazing Tropical Race! We also enjoyed relaxing on the beautiful Veranda playing cards and rocking in the wooden rockers! The housekeeping was incredibly fast. We ran out of toilet paper during our stay, and they had it to us in less than 2 minutes! Everyone was very friendly, and I can't wait to return soon!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Valsey41
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Wow! Had a great night on our way home from Nashville, TN. Kind of wished we would have spent five days here. The restaurant (bar) food was great! Friendly folks. I lost money in the casino, but my wife won a couple dollars. We will definitely be back with our parents!

Room Tip: Ask for and upgrade at check in.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Auburn, Indiana
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Spent 1 night at the French Lick Resort as part of a convention for work. The hotel is listed on the historical registry and the beautiful architecture of the building screams historical however the hotel has all of the modern conveniences. I was in a king room in the spring wing overlooking the gardens. The room itself is small but the furniture and fixtures are top notch. The bed was very comfortable and a/c worked great. The hotel has a small onsite casino that I personally wasn't overly impressed with. Since I was here for work I did not get to take advantage of all the hotel offers including stables, bike rentals, bowling and a spa to name a few. Out dinner was held at the West Baden Hotel just down the road. I highly recommend you go there just to see the amazing atrium. The room was paid for by work but I was told that the rate was $179 per night. The employees were very friendly and willing to assist at every turn.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PatrickMcCormick
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I really wanted to love this resort, because it was my idea to stay here. I invited my sister and her family. My husband's parents also came along. Our first incident was this -We requested way in advance to have all the rooms close together. This was notthe case upon check in . We were all over the place. However, after speaking to the front desk, we were able to have my inlaws moved closer. The second thing I wasn't really happy with was the size of our room. We had booked for five days, and our room was halfthe ssize of my sister's room which was the same price! It's crazy the difference in the room sizes! When you book, ask for one of the larger lay outs, it doesn't cost more, but the difference in size is amazing! They totally agreed to move us to the larger room. We all noticed in our original room the shower curtain was dirty and there were used bobby pins and paper on the floor. That's a clear sign to me the floors we're not vacuumed in between guest. We waited all afternoon, until they called us telling us the room they showed us was clean and available. I went to the front desk, and was then informed it was given to another customer.
:( I want to add that the front desk was nothing but helpful to us and eager to please. After all the mishaps, they gave us a suite at no additional charge. I thought that was extremely generous, and honestly unexpected. Upon walking into the bathroom of our suite we noticed a lady bug epidemic in the bathroom, and water all over the floor. The toilet was leaking, ugh - I just wanted to settle in and enjoy our vacation!! They came and fixed it immediately, and there we no problems after that. I know it sounds like we are high maintenance, but I assure you we are not, just simply wanted to enjoy a relaxing spring break.

The thing that made our stay the least fun, was our restaurant experiences. The selection was limited, and the services was awful. It was slow, rude and not at all what you would expect for a resort like this. Our first night it took us over two hours to be to dine. This is tough with childre , and can instantly ruin a good time!! We sadly experienced this at every restaurant within the resort. We did use the shuttle and eat at Hagen's Club house. The service and food there was really good!!! Honestly save yourself the trouble and eat out of the restaurants located on property.

So this is the good stuff, that we enjoyed!

*front desk -amazing customer service upon check in and taking care of all and any guest issues!! Cari went above and beyond for my family.

*Hotel overall cleanliness is above average!

*The bell hops are awesome!!!! Please tip them well!!

*Housekeeping was very efficient and quick to drop by any needed extras!

*The front porch rocking chairs made the atmosphere beyond relaxing, bring a good book and enjoy.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank carriet34
Rockville, Indiana
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a beautiful resort. The staff was very friendly and everything was nice and clean. We had a great time. We loved the way we could walk to the restaurants, spa and the casino, without ever leaving the resort. It was nice and big with plenty of room to roam around.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
West Baden Springs Hotel
West Baden Springs Hotel
#1 of 3 in West Baden Springs
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,673 reviews

Been to French Lick Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!