“65th Anniversary”

French Lick Springs Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in French Lick
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We just returned from two days at French Lick celebrating my parents' 65th wedding anniversary. Everyone was wonderful! They are 82 & 86 years old, and they were treated like royalty! I called ahead and ordered flowers for their room, and the flowers are beautiful! Thank you to the concierge for their help. I would like to thank the bellman/vallet for helping us with transportation to and from the casino. My parents could not climb the stairs to the shuttle, but the young men were always willing to help us out with a golf cart! And, the 1875 Restaurant and our waitress, Mimi, made their anniversary dinner and evening very special! This morning, they were enjoying coffee at The Mercantile Company before we left, and Mr. Vezzoso, Vice-President, happened by. He took time to talk to my parents and make sure that they were satisfied with their experience at French Lick. It's been years since they've traveled or stayed overnight anywhere, and they were very impressed that he would take time to visit with them.
My parents, my brother and his wife, and my husband and I all enjoyed our time at French Lick. The accommodations were wonderful, the casino was fun (even though we didn't win), and the food was excellent. They had never been to French Lick before, but my parents plan to spend their 70th anniversary there, too! I pray that they will!
Again, thank you so much for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: We had three different types of rooms, and they were all very nice!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Sharon L
There are newer reviews for French Lick Springs Hotel

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was beautiful. Staff was friendly. Room was clean. Would've liked to not hear the teenagers next door being overly loud at 11 pm and 6:30 am. Store staff was courteous and helpful. We were just excited for our one night getaway as mommys.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrea D
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a beautiful resort...a great place to get away. The room was spacious and very clean and beautifully appointed. My husband & I took the hotel tour which was extremely interesting; we highly recommend it if you have time. We are not golfers but found plenty to do between the casino and walking on the grounds. And what a delight to sit on the beautiful front porch!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stoeck
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I just spent the weekend at the French Lick Resort and Casino. We've done a day visit before, but never stayed at the hotel. We opted to stay here instead of West Baden Springs because of the lower price. It really is a great hotel by itself, but when you take in all the beautiful restorations, convention space, casino, and restaurants,you really never have to leave the property. There are plenty of activities for adults and children, but we were just there to relax. There were many size groups around for the weekend, including a family reunion, class reunion event, small families and even a huge group from a Hudson car club. We stayed in the Spring Wing, which is definitely as quiet as they say...unless you are a light sleeper and you get a room across from the ice machine (2640 for us). It seems a lot of people wanted to fill up their coolers VERY early on Saturday and Sunday morning. The resort is very spread out but worth the walk just to take in the historical pictures along the corridors. Anything you would want to do off property is just a shuttle ride away. Definitely check out the West Baden property and it's restaurants also. You can make your stay as active or relaxing as you wish, and everyone we came in contact with was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bushes5
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days for a National Hudson meet in July. The place is just beautiful with the front porch area and surroundings. Even though we didn't have children you can see it's an awesome place for them with lots of activities. My only complaint is no frig/microwave in room. You can rent each separately for $10.00/stay. We got a frig. They want you to use their restaurants but the reviews mostly said pricey and not so great. There is a Starbucks on the lobby level with assorted snacks, etc. Lots of activities at night. A band was playing one night and they had smores for guests.

Room Tip: I read reviews and asked to away from the ice machine. They listened as we were at the other end...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LCWalker
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It's an old property with lots of history. Who know that tomato juice was created here? Very well maintained after the renovation. the staff was very helpful, and my room was spacious and clean. didn't have time to visit the casino, but there's lots to do at the hotel. I plan to come back when I have more time. The most amazing thing about this place is that it's in the middle of nowhere, and still draws huge crowds of people

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank dex49
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our 6 children and their spouses and our 13 grandchildren, ages 9-22, spent 4 fabulous days and nights at the hotel and we rented a pontoon boat at a nearby lake on which the grands enjoyed tubing. We also played golf, soccer golf, bocce ball and croquet, bowled, swam, rode horses and enjoyed the large patio behind the hotel for outdoor games we had brought along. There is sooooo much to do that we couldn't get all of the activities in but we sure tried. The staff was incredibly gracious and helpful and the event coordinator, Naomi Hart, helped with all of the preplanning. We couldn't have asked for a better gathering!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
#4 of 5 in French Lick
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper
Holiday Inn Express Bedford
SureStay Plus By Best Western, Jasper

Been to French Lick Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!