“Basic but clean”

Holiday Inn Express Gas City
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Gas City
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Our room was very clean. Very firm mattresses at H.I., but I like that. Good breakfast buffet. The staff was extremely friendly! Perfect location for IWU events. We didn't use pool, but looked decent.

• Stayed: April 2014
GasCity_HIEX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gas City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your recent feedback we appreciate it very much and we look forward to seeing you again.
Emmett Hailey GM

Reviewed 18 January 2014

In the big ice storm of the new year we were stranded here over night. Front desk only did what they had to, the pool was cloudy and the room was not clean. I have to say I've stayed in worse but when I'm paying over a hundred dollars a night I expect the toilet to be clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gas City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Kathy K,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. I have sent you a private message to discuss further aspects of your review.

Pam G

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Very mediocre hotel. Not bad, but other than location it really didn't have anything else going for it. Although the hotel is not that old it appears that it could use some updating when it comes to the carpet. The bed was not very comfortable and we did hear some noise from the hallway several times during our stay (2 nights). The continental breakfast was a bit below average compared to other HIE that I have stayed at and the little dining area was laid out weird.

I would definitely recommend the Hampton Inn in Marion over this property. Even though it is older we will try the Best Western across the highway on our next trip and see how it measures up.

This hotel does have a Starbucks just across the driveway from the hotel, which is always a plus.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gas City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Aaron3838,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our goal is to provide superior customer service and a unique stay to all of our guests. We regret your stay did not reflect our customary service excellence and apologize for any discomfort caused by the condition of the bed and breakfast options. We appreciate your comments and rest assured that they will be shared with our team for future improvements.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will give us another chance next time you're in town.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The staff who check us in were super friendly and fast. They made both check in and check out really easy and it was much appreciated. They were also very good at giving us some recommendations for dinner.
The hotel room was a good size with a good tv. Beds were comfortable and the entire hotel (what we saw of it) was very clean.
Bathroom did not have any shampoo or cream but, there was a little sign to call the front desk if we needed anything. Bathroom mirror was one of the most horrible I've ever seen. I will remember it forever. Kind of hard getting ready in the morning when you feel like you look like a monster.
Breakfast was ok. Pretty basic - pancakes, bread, muffins, english muffins, yoghurt... don't mistake the gravy for oatmeal, like I did.
It's not a luxurious place but it's a nice little hotel that's clean and conveniently located right off the highway. The one complaint I had (besides the horrid mirror) was how dry it was. I had bloodshot, burning eyes and no amount of hand cream would moisturize my hands. Next time, I'll travel with a portable humidifier.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gas City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear aluminum,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I appreciate your kind words regarding our staff friendly and rooms comfortable. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Comfortable firm beds. Could hear highway traffic a bit. The type of room we requested was met. Desk staff attentive to us upon arrival. The biggest issue was that there was a black ring at water level in toilet which to me indicated that toilet had not been cleaned. Also, the carpet could have been vacuumed better. Breakfast was lacking and not very tasty. Would like to see more fruit. Only option was green bananas.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gas City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Fivelittleducks,

I would like to express my sincerest thanks for the observations you sent me regarding services at our Hotel. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused.

I appreciated your feedback, we will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We are pleased you did enjoy the comfortable bed.

We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,

Brenda J.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is a newer HIE but already shows a little wear(peeling wall paper in hallway). Rooms are good, don't like window units without thermostats controls" hard to get temp right. Good workout room. Very friendly staff. Need ketchup for breakfast. I'll be back. Thanks

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gas City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Ellsworth T,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am happy that you liked our workout room and found our staff very friendly. On the other hand, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed two nights, Thurs and Friday, Oct 10 and 11 at this hotel and I accidently left 2 new pair of pj's hanging on the hook on the back of the bathroom door. When I realized this on Sat night, I immediately called the inn and told the front desk clerk and asked if they had been turned in. She took my description of the pj's and left the line. On coming back she said the pink ones had been found on the bench outside the inn! I said then where are the blue/green ones and how did thw pink ones get outside the inn when I left them on the back of the bathroom door? She offered to mail the pink ones and charge my credit card but did not know where the blue/green ones were, I told her that we had traveled upstate from their location and would be coming back on Sunday afternoon and we would stop and pick them up. I asked her to get in touch with the head housekeeper and ask about the other pair of pj's and I hoped to pick up both pair.

Upon arriving Sunday afternoon, there was a male clerk at the desk and when I asked for the GM, I was told he was not in. He got me the pink pj's and said they were not responsible for items left behind. He would not make any other comment about the situation except he said the pink ones were found in the trash! Evidently my pj's were all over that hotel from the hook on the back of the door to the bench outside the inn and now in the trash! Who has the blue/green pj's? I wish I knew and I would go retrieve them myself .All I can say is there is a thief in the staff of this inn and the desk clerks were not talking, apologizing, or explaining anything. I believe the man on Sunday we spoke to in person was the owner.

Will I stay at this inn again, No, if someone will steal pj's what valuables left in a suitcase would ever be safe. BEWARE OF THIS INN AND THEIR STAFF!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gas City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Carolyn F,

Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Warren
Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie

Been to Holiday Inn Express Gas City? Share your experiences!