“Nice and clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Goshen
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a few days and had a pleasant stay. Staff are helpful and courteous. Because I slept in the morning, I requested that my room be cleaned late in the afternoon and they kindly obliged. They filled up the bathroom with enough towels and soaps. The towels are not that soft and fluffy however, although that must be relative because I just came from a luxury hotel in Phoenix and I sort of got used to their towels there. Another thing is that there is no fridge and microwave in the rooms which would have been helpful if you stay there for a few days and you need to stock up on some food. Lastly, I wish they could do something with the doors because some guests inadvertently bang them upon closing and you could hear those in your room, awakened me one time. Or maybe put some sign in the doors that they be closed gently so as not to disturb other guests?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Joshua D
Terry R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear guest,

I wanted to thank you for your comments and I do apologize for the noise issues you stated. The door slamming is the number one issue in all hotel brands. Unfortinently several travelers do not have the respect for other guests in hotels. Our hotel installed heavy duty weather stripping to prevent the noise when the door is closed, but when guests leave the bar over the door it will continue to make a loud noise. Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

We arrived at 4pm on Thursday and there were 3 cars in the parking lot. So yes the evil desk person was smoking her cigarette on the bench when we arrived. She quickly put it out and went in, so if this bothers you, don't stay. But you will be missing a great hotel. From check-in to check-out all employees were very friendly and helpful. The desk clerk told us about the area and answered our million questions. She even printed out a couple of mapquest directions for us. All areas of the hotel appear newish and clean. The room was perfect as well. The breakfast included your normal cold items, and the hot items were scrambled eggs and meats, pancakes, and cinnamon rolls that were very good. Be aware that if you stay in Goshen, there are 100 car trains running constantly ever 15-30 minutes. This hotel was far enough away from the line but many other hotels are too close for my tastes.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments and I apologize for the issues in regards to one of the agents. The hotel is under new managment and this issue was resolved in regards to staff smoking in front of our facility. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Greeted by smoking employees right outside the front entrance though the hotel itself is totally non-smoking. Front desk person was very nice at check-in though the person was not trained on adding customers to the rewards program. There was litter in the elevator upon arrival and it was still there when we left. Room was a king suite - nice enough with a sofa but no lamps next to or above the sofa for reading. The water pressure in the tub and also in the bar sink was very poor. Don't know if that was a problem throughout the hotel or not. Free breakfast reminded me of airline food. I don't think that any of it was prepared on site. It was, perhaps the least appetizing breakfast bar that I have ever seen. There was plenty though including cereal, milk, yogurt, a non-functioning pancake machine, fake looking omelets etc. If it were mine, I would not allow employees to smoke on the premises. I would take steps to offer better quality food and in general would have more disciplined practices throughout.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Ann J,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We truly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience our staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 May 2012

The Holiday Inn in Goshen was a great center for our visit to this area. Very clean, great breakfast, very helpful staff and quiet. They pointed us to a wonderful restaurant, Lux Cafe, just down the street. We ate dinner there 2 nights out of the 3.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments and I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

The staff is friendly and caring and will try their hardest to make sure your stay is fantastic. The breakfast is actually pretty good as well. The hotel is new and very updated with a very good curb appeal. My only choice when traveling to Goshen for business.

I agree with the other person about wanting a room on the even side of the building if you're not use to a lot of noise and/or trains because it can get a little loud sometimes. Goshen has a lot of train traffic but the staff and quality of the stay are worth it.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel. Even numbered room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelingman1215

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate the kind words in regards to our staff. We do apologize for the noise you indicated but unortinantly trains are out of our control and this is someting all the hotels in the area suffer from. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Goshen and have to say it was two of the worse nights of sleep I have had in a long time. The beds are quite hard and made me sore sleeping on them for two nights. I am a side sleeper, maybe those that can sleep directly on their backs wouldn't mind so much. Trains and highway traffic kept waking me up, one night, it seemed that trains went by very close to the hotel almost every 20 minutes, so once I awoke at 4 in the morning due to ambulances going down the highway, the trains kept me from falling back to sleep every 20 minutes it seemed. Also, the noise from the hallway was very loud, glad that the hotel was relatively empty when I was there.

Being a newer hotel, the rooms were fine as far as everything else went, I had a suite and it had a nice wet bar/kitchen area. They serve a pretty good free breakfast and the people that worked there were really nice, just wish I could have gotten some good rest as I was there for business and had long days ahead of me with clients. I don't know if there is a better option in Goshen, as the other hotels were much older, but it would be so much a better experience if they could try to insulate the windows and doors to make it quieter, and also more comfortable mattresses.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NEBeachbunny
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The hotel was beautiful & staff very friendly & helpful. I stayed here for a Notre Dame game & it's only about 20mins from campus (with the way I drive lol!) Everything was wonderful & the rooms were clean & spacious. Only thing that would have made this stay better was if the hotel was closer to more businesses/major hwys. From Hwy 20 (main hiway to get on campus) it was still another almost 20miles of street riding just to get to the hotel. ugh! Hated that! Even to get to the restaurants & convenient stores were about 5-10miles away. Beware.. This is Amish land.. Take the wrong turn & you will be in no mans land! Overall.. VERY nice hotel :)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goshen
Hampton Inn Goshen
Farmstead Inn
Farmstead Inn
#2 of 5 in Shipshewana
The Van Buren Hotel at Shipshewana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen? Share your experiences!