“Comfortable and spacious”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Goshen
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Comfortable and spacious”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The rooms are big. We had a suite it was very large, well designed space. Sink, frig, microwave area was nice. Dusty under the microwave otherwise very clean. The room did have an odor when we arrived we put the fan on high, opened the window and sprayed lysol. Beds very comfortable, sheets and pillows were good. Pool area clean, well stocked with towels, warm water. Breakfast was good. Usual holiday inn express food. I wish they would stop using styrofoam like some holiday inn express have switched to more environmentally friendly plates. Cora was so friendly, efficient, and polite. She showed my kids how the pancake machine worked as she was refilling it. She greeted everyone and really worked hard to keep everything stocked and ckean. Nice hotel, would stay here again. Go to eat at South Side Soda Shop not far away on main street. Very friendly and fast service.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Julie S
Terry R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Washington DC
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The other hotels in the area (more like $100 a night) were full so I stayed here for $169 which I thought was a little pricey. The rooms are nice and clean but $169 for a very small town hotel seemed a bit much. Maybe it's because the other hotels were full and that's just business. Anyway: nice room, simple and nice furnishings. Things felt nice and new. I had the misfortune of having an elephant staying in the room above me and literally my bed shook when he/she stomped across his/her room half the night and at 6am the next day. I don't think the walls are thin, I think there was just some exceptionally heavy-footed person upstairs. The full hot breakfast was nice! A lot of hotels (including this one) don't include some amenties anymore such as lotion and on my quick, unexpected trips I miss that. I also missed that there was no small food offerings in the room because I was on an unexpected trip and it was late and I was starved.. no little store downstairs, no food for sale in room, but there was a vending machine on the floor. Pillows lumpy. Sheets and bed nice and comfy. Towels clean and white. Shower good! Nice big modern TV. One more tiny thing-- I notice at a lot of hotels when you check in they don't tell you anything on their own. The front desk woman handed me a key and didn't mention where the elevator was, if they have Wifi, if it needs a code, if they offer breakfast, what time, anything like that. I asked question-by-question (yes they have in room Wifi free! and as I said they have a nice free breakfast). Also when the elephant above me was stomping and I wanted to see if the front desk would perhaps make a call and ask them to lighten up or move me, the phone rang and rang. I tried the front desk, the operator... called and called. Eventually somebody picked up and was very nice and said they would talk to the elephant. Unfortunately the stomping didn't stop. Nice a/c

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mushroom1234
Dear Guest,

Good afternoon, I do apologize for the issues you encountered in your comments and also wanted to thank you for staying with us while visiting the Goshen area. The Holiday Inn Express Brand provides lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap in all guest rooms. We receintly launch the Bath & Body brands for these items. I do apologize in advance if you thought our brand had snacks and food privided in a mini bar type setting. The Brand Candlewood Suites provides a store where guests can buy snacks but unfortinantly the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brand only is able to offer vending areas for guests. Once again thank you for staying with us and we apologize for the issues you encountered.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a few days and had a pleasant stay. Staff are helpful and courteous. Because I slept in the morning, I requested that my room be cleaned late in the afternoon and they kindly obliged. They filled up the bathroom with enough towels and soaps. The towels are not that soft and fluffy however, although that must be relative because I just came from a luxury hotel in Phoenix and I sort of got used to their towels there. Another thing is that there is no fridge and microwave in the rooms which would have been helpful if you stay there for a few days and you need to stock up on some food. Lastly, I wish they could do something with the doors because some guests inadvertently bang them upon closing and you could hear those in your room, awakened me one time. Or maybe put some sign in the doors that they be closed gently so as not to disturb other guests?

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joshua D
Dear guest,

I wanted to thank you for your comments and I do apologize for the noise issues you stated. The door slamming is the number one issue in all hotel brands. Unfortinently several travelers do not have the respect for other guests in hotels. Our hotel installed heavy duty weather stripping to prevent the noise when the door is closed, but when guests leave the bar over the door it will continue to make a loud noise. Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We arrived at 4pm on Thursday and there were 3 cars in the parking lot. So yes the evil desk person was smoking her cigarette on the bench when we arrived. She quickly put it out and went in, so if this bothers you, don't stay. But you will be missing a great hotel. From check-in to check-out all employees were very friendly and helpful. The desk clerk told us about the area and answered our million questions. She even printed out a couple of mapquest directions for us. All areas of the hotel appear newish and clean. The room was perfect as well. The breakfast included your normal cold items, and the hot items were scrambled eggs and meats, pancakes, and cinnamon rolls that were very good. Be aware that if you stay in Goshen, there are 100 car trains running constantly ever 15-30 minutes. This hotel was far enough away from the line but many other hotels are too close for my tastes.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments and I apologize for the issues in regards to one of the agents. The hotel is under new managment and this issue was resolved in regards to staff smoking in front of our facility. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again.
Minneapolis
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Greeted by smoking employees right outside the front entrance though the hotel itself is totally non-smoking. Front desk person was very nice at check-in though the person was not trained on adding customers to the rewards program. There was litter in the elevator upon arrival and it was still there when we left. Room was a king suite - nice enough with a sofa but no lamps next to or above the sofa for reading. The water pressure in the tub and also in the bar sink was very poor. Don't know if that was a problem throughout the hotel or not. Free breakfast reminded me of airline food. I don't think that any of it was prepared on site. It was, perhaps the least appetizing breakfast bar that I have ever seen. There was plenty though including cereal, milk, yogurt, a non-functioning pancake machine, fake looking omelets etc. If it were mine, I would not allow employees to smoke on the premises. I would take steps to offer better quality food and in general would have more disciplined practices throughout.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear Ann J,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We truly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience our staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
lancaster, ohio
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The Holiday Inn in Goshen was a great center for our visit to this area. Very clean, great breakfast, very helpful staff and quiet. They pointed us to a wonderful restaurant, Lux Cafe, just down the street. We ate dinner there 2 nights out of the 3.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments and I hope to see you again.
Fort Wayne
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The staff is friendly and caring and will try their hardest to make sure your stay is fantastic. The breakfast is actually pretty good as well. The hotel is new and very updated with a very good curb appeal. My only choice when traveling to Goshen for business.

I agree with the other person about wanting a room on the even side of the building if you're not use to a lot of noise and/or trains because it can get a little loud sometimes. Goshen has a lot of train traffic but the staff and quality of the stay are worth it.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel. Even numbered room.