“Excellent One-Night Stay”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Goshen
Hanover, IN
“Excellent One-Night Stay”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I don't often give reviews unless I feel particularly good or bad about a place or service. We stayed for one night at the Holiday Inn Express Goshen following a wedding. We had a room on the first floor facing the highway, right next to the housekeeping room. The room was very quiet - we checked in late and got up fairly early, but I did not hear anything from the street, the adjacent rooms, or the housekeeping staff. The room was extremely clean. The bed was very comfy and had plenty of pillows, both firm and soft to choose from. The breakfast was nice - not the best I've ever eaten, but more than I expected for a continental breakfast: omelets, warm cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, and pancakes in addition to the traditional cereal and toast/English muffin/bagel selections. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We requested a crib for our 18-month old and it was clean, sturdy, and very easy to set up. It also came with a fitted sheet (and small blankets which we did not use) - something that has been lacking at other hotels when they provide a crib. The shower was hot and the soap and shampoos were nice, if not a little small. We did not get an opportunity to check out the pool or use the Wi-Fi. All in all this was a great, comfortable stay and I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
HotelStaff001, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving a review and we hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ripon, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2013

First off, the great things about Holiday Inn Express. The front desk gal checking us in was very friendly and helpful! The breakfast was amazing and tasted great. The pool was small, but was fine for my family. I liked the lack of chlorine (more like a salt) in the pool. The staff even kept the pool open an extra hour for my kids who had been riding in the van for almost 5 hours. We got a 2 room 4 queen suite, which was absolutely huge for the 7 of us! The downsides, only a few. When I came down later in the evening to ask about something, there was no one at the front desk and no bell to ring. The location was a bit off the interstate, but well worth it! Sleep quality was pretty good for a hotel. We stayed the night of Jun 6, 2013.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Terry R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Guest,

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the kind words towards our staff.
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This was our second trip to the Holiday Inn Express in Goshen. We were there the first time several years ago when they initially opened. First, the good aspects about this hotel. It is very clean, modern, had a comfy bed, nice large shower and large room. We had a King Suite that contained a sofa, desk, a small fridge, microwave and sink. It was well worth the extra $10 for the room. When we checked in, there were 2 bottles of water and 2 granola bars waiting for us, because I signed up for their rewards program at the time I made the reservation. I thought that was a nice touch. All of their staff is friendly and helpful.

This hotel is non-smoking and has been since it opened. You don't have to be concerned with a hotel room that smells horrible. That's one of the main reasons we chose this hotel again. Our room was in the front and faced the highway. We did not have noise problems like others have had in their reviews of this hotel.

Their breakfast has hot and cold items and is good. It is served in a nice large room with a fireplace and large screen tv. They had a machine that made pancakes on the spot; they were ok but not great. They also served cereal, sausage patties, yogurt, two types of juices, coffee, assorted hot teas, small omelets, hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels and hot cinnamon rolls. Breakfast hours are 6:39-9:30 am. It would be nice if the hours were extended a bit. The hostess was at attentive and made sure it stayed stocked well.

We did not check out the pool.

Now for things they need to address: there were continual problems with our room keys not working. My husband's key worked when we checked in; mine didn't. I had to make a trip to the front desk to get that fixed. The second day, we returned from a day with our family and neither of our keys worked. We had to make another trip to the front desk for that issue. Annoying.

They need to address their wifi service. We were on the second floor and had poor wifi reception. Most of the time, we were lucky to have a 50% signal and occasionally it dropped. When I went from the second floor to the first floor, we picked up a better signal and three additional wifi hot spots. I don't know if the third floor folks could have even connected to it, given the issues with connectivity.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel. We stayed at the Best Western the last time we came to indiana, and that hotel is not nearly as clean and modern. Wifi and key card issues aside, this will more than likely be the hotel we stay at in Goshen in the future.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank blueeyez58
Terry R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Valid Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting the Goshen, IN area. In regards to your comments thank you for the kind words in regards to the facility. I do apologize for the issues you encountered with the keys and this was due to staff error. We are retraining the individual that presented you with the non-activated keys. I also wanted to advise you that we currently hired a new WIFI provider that will enable us to deliver a higher quality of WIFI to our valued guests such as yourself. Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2013

On our second visit to the town of Goshen we stayed in the Holiday Inn. It was bright and clean and there was a standard breakfast buffet offered in the roomy dinning room every morning. The room was clean and tidy and the furniture did not look worn or tired (it's something I look for when I stay out of town). There was a small kitchenette in our suite that was very useful. We inquired about a good place for a nice steak dinner and the hostess on duty recommended Peterson's Steak & Seafood House - excellent dinner, and I can't say enough about how helpful the staff were. We arrived later in the evening and told them we were visiting and celebrating a graduation from Goshen College. They went above and beyond to make sure our evening was top notch and very memorable. If you are visiting Goshen, you must eat at Peterson's. Over all, a fantastic weekend stay in Goshen. I would book this hotel again, and I would not hesitate to recommend this Holiday Inn to others as a good place to stay in.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments in regards to our staff. We take pride in our assiciates and I will ensure the individuals that assisted you are reconized in our next staff meeting. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to make your accomodation soon.
Waterford, Michigan
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Recently stayed due to military funeral. Welcomed walking in. Hotel rather new and very clean. Large continental breakfast area. Room was good, clean, and fresh linens. Plenty of room. Wifi worked well. The front desk made good recommendations on where to eat. He was very accommodating to my unique needs for early check in and late check out due to the situation. Heater in room worked well. Noise from hallway did spill over into room, probably due to the half-inch gap between the bottom of the door and the floor--a common circumstance that I wish weren't. You could also hear the train whistles in the distance periodically, more country nuance rather than annoyance. I stayed there again.

Room Tip: Room's on the back side are quiet since next to open field.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Forst and foremost, thank you for staying with us while in the Goshen, IN area. We are sorry to hear of your loss of a loved one. We wanted to thank you for your comments in regards to our staff and also apologize for the noise issues you encountered, and we wish you and your family safe travels for the remainder of the year.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I reserved this room on hotwire and was treated very well when I arrived. The room I received was large and pleasant. I found it easy to get a strong wifi signal and there was a nice large desk - both needed things for me on this working trip. The breakfast was good and the dining area large and clean. When I had trouble with turning the shower head on, I could not get anyone to pick up the phone at the front desk to explain to me what to do, however, when I asked the manager directly he left his office immediately to come and assist me.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and I would also like to thank you for your kind words. I do apologize for the front desk not answering your call and it was addressed to ensure future guests do not recieve the same treatment. Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Goshen
Reviewed 4 December 2012

My fiance and I stayed here in November while my parents were in town and had a great experience. We used all the facilities offered, and though the fitness center was small it worked for us! The pool looked and smelled very clean, and we had no problems with the water. It discolored my hair a little bit, but that is normal for any hair that is dyed. It was kept at a warm temperature too which was nice because usually pools are so cold for me. A hottub would have been nice though.
This is a smaller hotel, but its clean, and the staff are all very friendly and knowledgable.
It was only a half hour drive to Middlebury and thirty-five minutes to Shipshewana.
We would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. The train runs what seemed like every 20 minutes and c...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the kind words in regards to the facility. I do apologize for the discoloring of your hair die. In regards to a hot tub several hotels are being required to eliminate them due to the new ADA laws for the United States. Once again thank you for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goshen
Hampton Inn Goshen
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Farmstead Inn
Farmstead Inn
#2 of 5 in Shipshewana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen? Share your experiences!