“Really Great stay”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Goshen
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Really Great stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2010

At check in the front desk lady seemed to be a bit stand-off ish. I didn't know what her problem was, maybe I was checking in the same time she needed to get a text out or needed a cigarette. But over all the room was great. Clean, smelled fresh, the bath tub was so clean it almost looked new...the t.v was great. I woke up in the morning refreshed. Over all this place was a great stay. I would reccommend. Just goes to show that customer service IS a part of the hotel stay whether its front desk, or housekeeping.etc. The front desk lady could had easily ruined my stay but, luckily she didn't.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Cricket_Critic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
So. Indiana
Reviewed 22 April 2010

Stayed several nights for business reasons in the area. Had a King Kitchenette room. Extremely large for a HIE. Microwave, small refrig, small kitchenette (counter, cabinets). Disposable plastic ware, plates, bowls, paper towels were provided. A very nice amenity for a business traveler who doesn't want to eat out every night. Good location on US 33. Room was quiet, staff very friendly & helpful, great complimentary breakfast in the morning with much more than rolls & bagels - omelettes, several choices of breads/muffins, cinnamon rolls, biscuits/gravy, bacon, sausage, many flavors of yogurt, boiled eggs, bananas or apples, coffee, juices. (Note that this is a NEW HIE, the old HIE is now a Comfort Inn.) Rooms had both wireless and ether net cable - another plus for business travel. Smoking throughout the hotel is prohibited.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank letsgo36
Suburban Chicago
Reviewed 14 November 2009

We were pleasantly surprised by how new, clean and comfortable this Holiday Inn Express was! The staff were very friendly and helpful. Only negatives were that the mattress was more firm than I like, and the wireless internet reception in our room was "very low" and kept turning off.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FrequentTraveler1
Goshen, IN
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Enjoyed a night there for a bachelorette party.
Great service. Clean Pool. Wonderful Rooms and GREAT FREE breakfast!
Wonderful people all-around!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank justmerenzee
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 29 June 2009

This hotel had just opened approximately 2 weeks before we stayed there. So therefore it was clean and very nice. Our room was very nice (we had a kitchenette), and their breakfast wasn't too bad (at least they had some hot items on the menu). I also left a personal item there, and they made arrangements to ship it back to me, which I very much appreciated. It was a non-smoking hotel throughout--YEAH!! That was fantastic.

The pool wasn't working due to filtration problems, so that was a bummer.

The only drawback we had was with housekeeping. The first day we were there, we came back to find our room cleaned very nicely, but they left the thermostat on 60 degrees, and it was cold outside as it was. The room was absolutely freezing! The second incident we had was that a housekeeper walked right into our room while we were getting dressed without even knocking on our door--we were shocked! She was just checking to make sure our room had been cleaned; I assured her it had been. I don't know if this is a new housekeeping staff (because the hotel is new) or what--but they definitely need some help in that area. However, it was the housekeeping staff who found my hairdryer and returned it to the front desk for them to mail it back to me. So at least they're honest!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blueeyez58
Colorado Springs, CO
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,026 helpful votes
Reviewed 23 December 2008

This is a wonderful hotel but it is about 15 minutes south of 1-80 so not as convenient as it would be if it was off the interstate.

It is on the far south of town. It was very clean, the staff were wonderful and the breakfast was great! We arrived during a snow storm and lost power three times, each time the power come on, the heater wouldn't start right away. There was also no internet access, the front staff said it was due to the storm also.

I must agree with the other reviewer about the smoke, the hallway smelled of cigarette smoke but thankfully our room did not. I asked the front desk and they said there was only 1 smoking room on the first floor (not our room) but that the other floors have the smoking rooms and non-smoking rooms mixed together. With only one room on first floor allowing smoking and the entire hallway smelled of smoke, I would hate to see what the other floors were like. To avoid the smoke smell in your room, request a first floor non-smoking room.

However, our room was very, very, very clean and I inspect all rooms I stay in very carefully and this one passed my inspection so it was very nice and clean.

Our room had two electrical outlets on one wall that only the top socket worked but not the bottom one. The top socket had lights plugged in so when the TV did not work in the lower socket it was plugged in, I tried the outlet to the right, still did not work. This became a problem since we thought the TV was broken. The front desk helped us move a different TV from another guest room before we figured out it was the lower sockets and not the TV that was broken.

But we are so thankful to the front desk staff for working with us to fix this problem. Amanda is truly a great employee! She is very helpful and kind.

We did not swim in the pool. Before you even open the pool door the reek of chlorine is very strong. It appears that the pool is not adequately vented and the chlorine smell just hovers in the pool room, so strong that I had an asthma attack after entering the pool area. I did see a couple and small child swim in there later in the day so obviously they ignored the chlorine smell or it did not bother them.

We woke in the morning to the smell of bacon (our room was next to the lobby) - they had a wonderful breakfast of omelets, biscuits, gravy, bacon, cinnamon rolls, etc. And a very friendly hostess!

Overall, I would give this hotel 4 stars out of 5. They can not help their town is so far from the interstate or that a snow storm kept knocking out power. They have wonderfully clean rooms with very comfortable beds and an awesome breakfast. The smoke smell can be avoided by getting a first floor room. So my biggest disappointment was their pool venting problem.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if we are ever in the area. Thank you to Amanda and the breakfast hostess (didn't see her name tag) for making our stay great!

• Liked — Very clean rooms, comfortable beds, awesome breakfast, friendly staff
  • Disliked — poor venting of pool area, smoke smelling hallways
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank nowincolorado
Michigan
Reviewed 20 July 2008

Clean comfortable room. Friendly courteous staff, especially the woman in the breakfast area (sorry I didn't get her name). We will definately stay there again next year.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank PrescottSkidmore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goshen
Hampton Inn Goshen
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Farmstead Inn
Farmstead Inn
#2 of 5 in Shipshewana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen? Share your experiences!