“A great place to stay”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Goshen
Reviewed 7 October 2011

After reading all of the reviews, many of which were quite negative, we were worried, but since we didn't feel we wanted to change reservations at the last minute, we went ahead, and were glad we did.

The rooms, bathroom, hallways, lobby, pool, and other areas were extremely clean and pleasant. We had absolutely no concerns at all about cleanliness. Breakfast was advertised prominently as costing a certain amount, so we were expecting that. The buffet was very good and the service very attentive.

The only thing we would have liked was WiFi in the room. It was available in the lobby, so we took our computers there to use. Our grandchildren enjoyed the inside pool, since it was pretty cold outside and the outdoor pool wasn't available. We liked the popcorn machine in the lobby, the availability of tea or coffee there, and the helpfulness of the desk staff. They were great at answering all our questions.

Others have mentioned the lack of an elevator, but this didn't bother us. Going up one flight didn't seem very difficult.

We had 10 people with us for a family reunion and everyone was quite satisfied with the accomodations.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, you may want to choose a room on the first floor, since there is no ele...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Northstar35
goshengm, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Thank you for your feedback and we can't wait to see you on your next visit to Central Indiana, and hope you all the best between now and then!

Reviewed 5 October 2011

Travel alot and this is the first hotel that I have stayed at in the past 10 years that didn't have a fridge, should have asked. Bed was like sleeping on a rock, shower head was broke had to tie a towel around it to keep water in shower. Looked like mold in the shower my girlfriend wouldn't go near it. Pool was freezing they don't believe in heating it. You also have to pay extra for breakfast each morning, I have seen this before however it is at hotels with restraunts not just a couple warmers on a table. Told the person at the desk when checking out and told he was getting right on it as he stood there in front of me with a smirk.

Room Tip: don't stay here you will regret it. Go somewhere that cares for your bussiness.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience and do hope you will contact me on your next visit and be my personal guest in one of our suites. We do have regrigerators available upon request and have recently received new pillow top mattresses (you will be glad to know). Additionally we are in the process of retiling and updating our bathroom showers and tubs. Our pool is kept at a constant 82 degrees as is required by Marriott and we have gourmet made to order omeletes, eggs and french toast available in addition to the buffet daily. I am sorry my staff was not more empathetic upon your check out and I look forward to hosting you and your family as my guest on your next visit. All the best between then and now and I thank you for your honest feedback.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Not up to Courtyard (Marriott) standards.
Room A/C did not work well
Hotel had a "perfume" smell to it.
Hallway carpet smelled from chemicals (too much rug shampoo?)
Heated indoor poll wasn't heated
Had reservations for 2 nights..checked out after one.
Front desk personnel were very nice.

Room Tip: Stay on 1st floor...2 floors ....no elevators
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
goshengm, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
As I have mentioned to other guests who have shared some of your concerns, I agree we were badly in need of some updates. But you will be glad to know we have just received a semi full of beautiful brand new pillow top mattresses, flat screen TV's are on the way and we are ordering the new tiles for the guest showers and bathrooms as we speak! As for the odor, I regret to tell you it was all a result of poor timing on my part as I had just had all the hallway carpets shampood in preparation for the busy week of your stay. So I understand your concerns, I do hope you will give us another chance though and I would encourage everyone visiting the Goshen area to come and see the hotel for yourself prior to making a decision based off of your poor experience. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Goshen and all the best to you between then and now, I thank you for your feedback to help make us better.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

We were looking for a spot in northern Indiana for a family reunion and settled on the Courtyard by Marriott in Goshen. They had a good rate and the amenities we were looking for. We had a great experience there! We ended up having a smaller group than we expected but there were 21 of us, ranging from age 2 to 81, and we were all happy customers. Got a great rate, the rooms were clean and well maintained, and the GM and staff really went above and beyond our expectations in being pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast was excellent and extensive as well for a hotel in this price range--oatmeal, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. Very happy with our decision to stay there! Only cons of this hotel: No elevator to the second floor, and no wifi in the rooms (an ethernet cable is provided though).

Room Tip: Ask for first floor room if carrying luggage up the stairs will be a problem for you!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
I thank you for your review, I couldn't have said it better myself. I hope all of the folks out there utilizing this fine web site will see that we truly are a great place to stay and it is guests like you who make coming to work everyday a pleasure sir. We hope to see you on your next family reunion in the area and appreciate your honest feedback. The Courtyard by Marriott in Goshen,Indiana Amish Country's premier hotel. All the best!

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Had made a 4 night reservation almost two months in advance of staying at this property. Upon arrival, on a Wednesday, was given NO option but a second floor room. No where in the reservation description did it bother to note there is NO elevator at this property. It was take it or leave it. Also, led to believe the continental breakfast was free-wrong again. Finally, couldn't get the air conditioner to moderate-either 50 or 90 in the room, no in between setting possible.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Martin C
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This Courtyard by Marriott was previously a Carlton Lodge, so it does not have the typical floorplan designed by Marriott. Thus, the hotel does not have an elevator for rooms on the second florr. The desk staff is friendly and offers to assist with luggage, but guests on the second floor are always forced to climb the stairs. There is free internet access in rooms and on computers in the lobby, and the hotel provides free popcorn and cookies as snacks. There is also an indoor-outdoor pool with a hot tub. There is a breakfast buffet, but it is not complimentary. I would say that this is a nice place to stay if you can get a room on the first floor. If not, I would suggest staying at the new Hampton Inn right next door.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed one night in a jacuzzi room. The rooms were clean, a little outdated but whatever. The guy at the front desk told us that breakfast was served 7-10 a.m. we assumed that meant complimentary breakfast, we did pay 110 bucks for the room. Only after we had finished breakfast the next morning did they tell us that breakfast was $8.95 and pointed to a small sign near the entrance to the restaurant. Guess it was our fault for assuming that Marriot was as nice as a Hampton Inn...wrong. We will stay at the Hampton down the street next time in town, its the same price and the hotel is newer and the breakfast is included.

• Stayed: July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goshen
Hampton Inn Goshen
#2 of 2 in Syracuse
Farmstead Inn
Farmstead Inn
#2 of 5 in Shipshewana

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!