“Great Sushi and A Nice TeppenyakiSt”
Review of Soho

Soho
Ranked #25 of 58 Restaurants in Granger
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Japanese Bistro that serves Sushi, Teppanyaki, have lunch and dinner.
South Bend, Indiana, United States
“Great Sushi and A Nice TeppenyakiSt”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Staff is always pleasant and the teppenyaki is very tasty. Their sushi is amazing but can on occasion be a bit soggy as if the roll isn't freshly rolled. Great place for parties and groups...

Visited November 2012

“Have had a wide variety of sushi in my time and this is some of the worst.”
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

As a chef and a connoisseur of fine dinning, their sushi did not meet my expectations. Have eaten there on multiple occasions since they opened and have been very disappointed every time. A limited variety of sushi consisting of 6 very common ingredients, which is basically mix and match to come up with rolls that all sound the same. Add a different ingredient, call it a new roll. Was not impressed at all! The size of the rolls where pretty small for the price. Speaking of prices, their web page says one price and you get there it's more money. One time I asked to speak with the manager and was told that there is no manager working right now. Well I happened to know someone who works there; asked them if there was a manager and she said yes and got him. Wasn't helpful at all. I never complain unless I really feel there is a need to say something. As a chef I take many things into consideration, but I've eating there enough times over since they've been open to say I will not ever go back. I belive Soho is for the uneducated, wealthy consumer who doesn't understand true japanese cousine or sushi. Everyone has different taste buds and expectations when they go out to eat, Soho just did not meet mine. The best sushi around the South Bend area is Matuba in my personal opinion. It's the complete opposite of Soho. Hope this was helpfull.

South Bend
“Japanese food”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Loved the experience. The chef made our food in front of us. It was a great time and tasty food. The Japanese beers were good too.

Visited November 2011
Indiana
“Very, very cool place”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

LOVE the atmosphere... LOVE the food... LOVE everything! Great gem in the Michiana area. Would not hesitate to go back.

• Visited July 2012
Indiana
“Good Food...”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My husband and I ate here for our anniversary...he got the 10 oz Steak with soup and salad...I got sushi and salad...red wine. Good food. Good atmosphere. Nice waitress. Overall I give this a great review...the salad dressing was delish! As was everything else...Will go again.

• Visited May 2012

Been to Soho? Share your experiences!